Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ajashley
    2 posts

@ajashley Update: Didnt work, back to the start for me.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

Hi guys,

Thank you for reporting this to us, we're sorry to hear that's been the case.

When did this occur, did you die in the world or during a mission?

Could you provide us a video of this occurring?

Official Response
  • dacia_and_gauls
    3 posts

I lost my progress for the first hour in England.
    The game deleted my Quicksaves and Manual Saves.
    So Id be careful thinking of that as a solution.

• N4lmen
    2 posts

@ubi-spud Today I start another game, having previously uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and after playing about 3 hours and I have lost an hour of play because neither the autosave works correctly nor the one saved in the cloud, and when trying to save manually the game, the save does not work anywhere near as it worked in Odyssey or Origins, it is much worse. I hope this is momentary and gets patched, because right now the only thing that makes me want to do is uninstall your game.

• guest-0wRuUaGF
    1 posts

I lost 5 hours. What was interesting was that taking shrooms in the game initiated it. My old Xbox one couldn’t handle the trippy graphics. Saw the save thing but it’s didn’t do anything. I always leave my game open but from now on I’m going to quit it when I’m done.

• TheProjectCreed
    4 posts

@dacia_and_gauls Same! Absolutely same happened to me. In England but idk if it was after one hour there.

• owenr123
    2 posts

I loaded my second save as the game crashed for the 10th time in 2 days just to manually save it and then I tried opening my main save and after 4 unsuccessful attempts it deleted the save and I made quite a substantial amount of progress can I get it back? If not I want a refund

• TrekNyne
    4 posts

Same thing just happened to me. 5 hours of progress gone. On PC though

• TRENASAURUS
    2 posts

@frailunicorn Same thing happened to me. Lost 14+ hours and all my helix credits aswell.

• VasalaDog
    3 posts

@trenasaurus Ugh. It just isn't acceptable. Sure we have time due to covid but its just disheartening. I hope your helix credits at least have some solution.

• VasalaDog
    3 posts

@frailunicorn I understand where you're coming from. I want to jump back in I just don't want to be disappointed again if the save fails. It's a tough call.

• Hearthmann
    7 posts

I managed to save some of my files on ps4 pro by using cloud storage to redownload my save files and overwrite my system files. i had 13 corrupted files managed to save 2 files this way.

• The_Tr3nch
    8 posts

Yep just hit me again with this bug. I just lost another 3+ hours of gameplay. Auto, Cloud, and Manual saves were lost to about three hours ago. This sucks so bad.

• DollarBilly777
    1 posts

Seeing players on all platforms (I'm Xbox One, but PC and Playstation too) complaining of missing saves and losing up to 10 hours of playing from yesterday (12th). I lost five hours and at least one of my purchased maps was missing this morning. I really don't want to have to go back and do all that again, and am a bit annoyed after spending so much time and money.
    Have no confidence in playing on, repeating the progress I already had made (or spending any more money!) until this is rectified. Please advise.

• Diogaralmeidara
    15 posts

Same thing happened to my girlfriend yesterday and now to me... how can they release the game like this? And screen tearing every few seconds, didn't they test this game out before playing?

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

@diogaralmeidara Hey! That's certainly an unusual issue, we can discuss how best to proceed.

I'd just like to confirm, are you and your girlfriend using the same Xbox account or separate accounts?

The game is really designed with 1 player in mind, and it's easier if each individual has their own account.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Diogaralmeidara
    15 posts

If you want to play your own character and have someone else that wants to play their own character and you both manual save the person that playing before will lose the manual saves they had it's very bad.

• Diogaralmeidara
    15 posts

Guess we are beta testers

• Diogaralmeidara
    15 posts

@ubi-raziel Hi. Yes we are using the same account to play Ac valhalla we also used the same account to play Ac odyssey and had no problems there, I just lost my manual save that I had made, just disappeared for no reason I was watching my girlfriend overwrite manual save on her old manual save not on my one and everything is fine this morning got up after a while went to play and my manual save was completely gone and had lost about 5 hours of gameplay.

Even if the game is made for 1 player in mind if manual saves disappear for no reason it has nothing to do with one or multiple people playing in one account.

After all we played Ac odyssey with our own seperate characters on 1 account from start to finish and not once this had happened, if the game is designed for 1 person it has nothing to do with manual saves disappearing for no reason when they were all there before turning off the game and console.

• Diogaralmeidara
    15 posts

@ubi-raziel Also I have just noticed that before when I saved the game or my girlfriend it showed my manual save as being manual save 1 and hers being manual save 2 now no matter how many manual saves you do they are all manual save 1 and disappear randomly.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics