UNSOLVED My progress has been reset / lost; recent save games not available | POST HERE2 Likes/826 Replies/29998 ViewsFacelissMan 2 posts
I lost over 6 hours of gameplay between Sunday and last night. I had completed the Oxenfordshire arc, all exploration, and begun the Lunden arc. Logged in last night... suddenly back at the Chipping Away mission at the start of Oxenfordshire arc.
I am pretty OCD about saving too and I manually save after any wealth gains, gear changes, quest completion, mystery solving... pretty much anything. So for all those manual saves to just vanish... absolutely unacceptable.
Ubisoft, you are better than this, or at least I thought you were. Address the issue. Let all your fans know why its happening across multiple games and platforms, and what you are doing to fix it. NOW!
macgruffus 2 posts
For the second time I list hours of playtime. This time I went to a stable, purchased some training, then went to look at what was for sale. The system (Xbox X) froze and then the game rebooted. When I went to load a recent save file they were from playtime five or six hours earlier but had the current time. All activity, etc. for the last five or six hours of playtime is gone.
Fun-Jon 1 posts
Hi Ubisoft. I play on Xbox one s. I just finished the story arc with Soma, and went back to my settlement to report. I was unsure of the choices i did during the dialogue with Dag and went to reload. Now, I save often, both regular and quicksave, but there was only savegames available from 6 hours earlier. I am setback somewhere between 4-6 hours, losing an entire afternoon/evning of progress. I can't accept that I have to suffer such loss of time and progress, and no certainty that it won't happen again. So if you could tell me how I can get a refund I would appreciate it.
guest-uGX5sHuG 1 posts
Same thing here on Xbox. About 3 hours lost. What if I play now and tomorrow it will be 8 hours minus. I guess I will not keep playing the game until they fix it
arymanik 32 posts
@fun-jon they don't must refund, license which You agree before first lunch game was said:
"Ubisoft don't take responsibility for working software version on release date and after update, refund not exist after start a game"
You buy product which they sold, and law it's at they site. It's one big [censored]...
Also they don't telling anything for last 14 days, from patch 1.04...
Ubi, You was do the worst thing in history of Your company...
And believe me, no one will buy Your next products from shop, only from second hand.
And I have big hope what Your financial report will be so bad in next Year's. It's my wish in this Christmas
ogluuk84 2 posts
@snipetildawn32 have the same problem. I was on a mission in Asgard. Game crashed. When i restarted the game, i had like 50 power points less. A lot of hours of progress down the drain. A lot of sync points gone. Won't be playing for a while. Never had this problem in any of the earlier games. This is game breaking for me. Awful
ogluuk84 2 posts
I have a lot of hours in this game. Just lost a lot of hours of progress. I think I won't play AC valhalla for a while. Tomorrow i will get cyberpunk 2077. Guess it's buggy but hopefully it won't erase my save file.
Get your game fixed Ubisoft. This is not the first bug i encountered, but this is by far the most enraged I've been about a game in years. All these hours i lost. I work full time and have a family. I don't have a lot of time to play games. I don't need this.
mbreezy21 1 posts
im stuck on the big finish mission is Asgard . It won’t let me progress. I’ve finished everything in Asgard . It won’t continue the story to get the paint for the builder . I’ve done everything uninstalled and restart the game / box but the game won’t progress at all to the next point. WHY?! I’m stuck at this mission only every other mission works ?
Ubisoft Support Staff UbiKobold 890 posts
Greetings everyone! I am sorry to see that many of you have lost progress in your games. I completely understand your frustration and know how demotivating it can be when this occurs. I have a couple of questions for all of you, and I apologize if they repeat information that you have provided in your individual post.
- Are you playing on Xbox One? If not, what platform are you playing on?
- Did you experience a crash before you lost progress? If so, did you receive any error message or code?
- Has this only happened once? If not, has it ever happened at the same part in your game? If at the same part, which Mission or Quest is this on?
- Are you losing progress every time you load into your game?
billataco 6 posts
1. Xbox Series X
2. No prior crash. Though the quick resume feature works on and off (meaning the game occasionally starts from scratch). Not sure if that's relevant...
3. Only one loss of save data so far (~5 hrs lost at roughly 90 hrs in). Have experienced online connection errors as well as data corruption errors on save files. If the data corruption did not fix itself, I restarted the game. I was on the lincolnscire questline and it sent me back to the cent questline (order I played: cent, essex, then lincolnscire).
4. Just tested: Made progress, saved, closed game completely, restarted. Did this a couple times. No issues yet.
Hope this helps with the debugging!
After 2 years; this is what they give us? I just started playing this game last week and it just happened to me. I lost over 20 hours of play. I see this has been happening since launch and continues to happen repeatedly afterwards, regardless of manual saves. I lost 2 whole alliances campaigns and over half of my power. I can't even remember the powers I acquired, and the thought of doing all those missions over is making me nauseous. I'm not playing a minute more, if at at all, until I see that this has been fixed. At this point, I really want a refund. I'm scared to play Watchdog Legends for whatever BS might be hidden in there too....I might really be done with Ubisoft as a whole over this. This game was a complete waste of time.
1. XBOX Series X. Lost over 20+ hours, and over half of skill powers, not mention treasures and other side missions.
2. No prior crashes, no error messages. A few minor bugs of missions not ending until I saved elsewhere via synchronization or something.
3. Never happened before.
4. Dont know. I won't risk playing, this or WatchDogs Legions, again until I have confirmation that this bug is fixed.
ivgi1vg1 1 posts
i lost my progress on pc how to fix it ? who knows?
Fenwayfan2004 1 posts
- Yes/No the game just froze. All the autosaves from the last ~6 hours disappeared
- So far yes, but judging from this thread it sounds like it's happening to a lot of other folks more than once. I don't really want to keep playing to test it out if there's a risk my hours will just be erased again.
Thank you for addressing it and let me know if I can provide any other helpful info
FacelissMan 2 posts
This post is deleted!
ianabe 5 posts
@ivgi1vg1 At least with PC and Playstation 4 you can manually go into your saves files and transfer these to an external USB drive as a backup. No chance doing this with Xbox as it looks like the 'Cloud' is just as corruptable as local saves. Gaming used to be enjoyable and a place to forget about the real world, these days it feels like a chore and causes more anxiety with possible lost saves.
Is it correct that some people experiencing other people's saves? If so; is it possible that we might gets our saves back? Honestly; that is all I want. I do not want to have to go through 20+ hours just to get back to where I was a few days ago. Just to have it possibly disappear again. Either way something has to be done. They had 2 years and a month to get this right. Get it together Ubisoft.
ltarqsuperbus 8 posts
1 I played on PC
2 No crash, but there was a message about being disconnected from the cloud
3 I stopped playing after it happened once
4 I don't think so, I think it had something to do with being disconnected and the cloud overwriting any local saves
TheTurningTideg 1 posts
lost my save files after my hdd failed. was around 120-140 hours.
only 12 hours saved in cloud, [censored]