Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Vxhippomandan21
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Toffolo92
    1 posts

I was advised by support to inquire about a problem with lost save progress.
    They cannot tell me when or if it will be fixed, but just check the discussion.

I just lost a lot of hours of game play with both manual as well as auto saves progress from the Valhalla level to where I was.

Can anythng be done or did I just waste money on a game that will waste hours of my time and will have to replay hours of the same levels to get back where I was?

• iSayNope
    2 posts

Still not fixed!!! I was reporting this problem more then a week ago and all I see is just new posts with another people reporting same thing.

• Skulllk
    7 posts

@ubi-woofer Any update?

• trickstan85
    1 posts

I have just lost god knows how many hours of gameplay spanning the whole of the Lunden, Cent and Jorvik story Arcs. All of the saves between Jan 5th and today appear to have corrupted and all autosaves are no longer available, even though it was supposedly 'autosaving' throughout that time.

Can anyone supply a saved game from the end of the Jorvik Arc so I don't have to go back again!? 🙈

• Quixy21
    14 posts

Absolutely furious as this just happened to me as well. Again. This time I lost nearly FIVE hours of gameplay. Thanks Ubisoft. Two months since this dumpster fire came out and it's still got game breaking issues. How about this: let me save my data on my console. That'd be quite an idea, huh?

• Quixy21
    14 posts

@ubi-woofer

1. Xbox One X

2. 4.5 hours
    3. No
    4. Game froze, no messages
    5. multiple times
    6. Beat legendary wolf in Lincolnshire then fast traveled to Ecgbert's View in Jorvik
    7. Overwriting previous
    8. Frequent regular manual saves
  • timmypat
    2 posts

I have an issue where I sometimes load the game and it flashes up and then dissappears. When it then opens a second time I get taken to the title screen. From this I have then lost a day's worth if gameplay. This has happened twice including today (9th jan). I have tried previous suggestions from your site and other sites but I can't get the data back. Quite frustrating.

• Hypodread
    2 posts

@diogaralmeidara Pardon me. Did you say this is an unusual issue. Pardon my french no the [censored] it isn't! This testing of making this game should made sure the very factor of saved games would not be corrupt. Today I had the same damn issue. I lost 6 hours of gameplay. 6!!! Mind you. I too did my manual saves. With this Version of Assassin Creed is [censored] compared to Origin and Odyssey. Why is that? Do you and your team have any clue unto why the saved options so bugged your gamers loss hours of progress? There is major data corruption in your own system. To where we are terribly punished for your team [censored] up.
    This issue needs to be fixed before any other damn known issue because guess what. It won't matter because the SAVE BUG issue is going to do a FORCE DELETE on manual save content. So what is the point of other bug issues when they will be deleted.

• Hypodread
    2 posts

@ubi-raziel  Pardon my french no the [censored] it isn't! This testing of making this game should made sure the very factor of saved games would not be corrupt. Today I had the same damn issue. I lost 6 hours of gameplay. 6!!! Mind you. I too did my manual saves. With this Version of Assassin Creed is [censored] compared to Origin and Odyssey. Why is that? Do you and your team have any clue unto why the saved options so bugged your gamers loss hours of progress? There is major data corruption in your own system. To where we are terribly punished for your team [censored] up.
    This issue needs to be fixed before any other damn known issue because guess what. It won't matter because the SAVE BUG issue is going to do a FORCE DELETE on manual save content. So what is the point of other bug issues when they will be deleted.

• ScotWolf89
    6 posts

Same thing happened to me last night, lost around 4 hours of game play and pretty 3/4 of the East Anglia arc. Went to manual save when logging out as I normally do and got stuck in an external loading screen. Figured no big deal as I'd just had a cut scene and the autosave icon but no, the game hadn't actually autosaved for my entire session.

• chrisbf
    3 posts

I got the exact same bug and I am on PS5. I am in Raversthorpe, when reload the the game , saving is working, but stop working as soon I do an action. Also, if I fast travel to Norway, I don't have this issue and if I go back to England, I cannot save anymore.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

@Pacman9d2 Thank you for your answers - I've passed these to the developers now. If you would be able to provide an image by hosting it on Imgur or a similar site if not directly here on the forums, that would be much appreciated!

@VeraDrake22 Thank you for your report, I've passed on the information you provided. If you have the time to answer my questions in full and grab a screenshot of your latest saves for me, I'd appreciate it!

@ltarqsuperbus Your answers have been forwarded to the developers now, thank you!

@mokrja505 Glad to hear that you haven't had any further issues since completing the Lunden arc! I hope that you'll be able to play the rest of the game without issue. Let me know if you start experiencing issues again.

@Skulllk Thank you for your answers as well as your image, it's all much appreciated. I've forwarded them over to the developers now! 🙂

@TheBeerBaron22 I've forwarded your answers to the developers now, thank you very much!

@koreanater Thank you for taking the time to reach out with these answers, I've passed them on. We'll keep everyone updated here in this thread with the latest updates on the investigation on this issue.

@SimonCurtis93 Thank you for sharing your workaround - I hope it may help some other players here!

@NL_Chris_93 I've passed your answers forward - it's much appreciated that you got back to me!

@NoEvilKitty Thank you for your report - your answers have been forwarded!

@ChimamireNoHana Your answers are much appreciated, thank you. I've passed those on. I completely understand your wish to retain access to your save games even while offline - any extended feedback you'd like to give on this subject would be much appreciated over in our General Discussions section.

@Quixy21 Thank you for your answers, I've sent these forward to the developers!

@iSayNope @Mlemke00 @Vxhippomandan21 @timmypat @ScotWolf89 @chrisbf I'm sorry to hear that the issue has impacted you - if you could answer my previous questions I'd really appreciate it, so that myself and the developers can fully understand your experience of this issue!

Official Response
  • chrisbf
    3 posts

Which platform do you play on?
    - PS5

What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
    - 1-2 hours (I quick save often)

Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays the game? 
    - No

Did you experience any crashes, freezes or error messages prior to your progression being lost? 
    - No

Has this issue happened only once, or multiple times? 
    - It is the first time I have the issue, but I don't play until a fix.

What was the last quest, world event or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
    - The quest in Revensthorpe with Childs an a Wolf.

Are you mainly relying on autosaves, or making regular manual saves?
    - I do often quicksave, and sometime manual save.

• Ubi-Woofer

@chrisbf Thank you so much 🙂 I've sent these answers over to the developers now. I'll keep you and everyone else updated should I receive any further information.

Official Response
  • Gank77
    1 posts
    1. Which platform do you play on?
      1. XSX
    2. If playing on Xbox Series X, are you using the "quick resume" feature with Valhalla?
      1. Yes
    3. What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
      1. 5-6 hours
    4. Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays the game?
      1. No
    5. Did you experience any crashes, freezes or error messages prior to your progression being lost?
      1. No
    6. Has this issue happened only once, or multiple times?
      1. Once, stopped playing since
    7. What was the last quest, world event or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
      1. I do not recall
    8. When last saving your game, did you create a new save slot, or overwrite an existing one?
      1. I create manual saves in new slots
    9. Are you mainly relying on autosaves, or making regular manual saves?
      1. Both

• ScotWolf89
    6 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

Which platform do you play on?
    - Xbox one
     If playing on Xbox Series X, are you using the "quick resume" feature with Valhalla? 
    - NA
    What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
    - 4 hours the first time and only an hour because the second because I noticed the problem in time
    Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays the game? 
    - No.
    Did you experience any crashes, freezes or error messages prior to your progression being lost? 
    - Yes, freezes on a loading screen when I go to manually save at the end of my session.
    Has this issue happened only once, or multiple times? 
    - Multiple
    What was the last quest, world event or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
    - was around 80% through the East Anglia arc the first time it happened, and had just defeated the zealot Redwalda the second time.
    When last saving your game, did you create a new save slot, or overwrite an existing one?
    - overwrote an existing manual save
    Are you mainly relying on autosaves, or making regular manual saves?
    - manual saves before logging out, autosave during gameplay.

Seriously, why not just save data to the console?? Will be putting the game down if this keeps up until its resolved

• Quixy21
    14 posts

There is definitely local save data for the game. However, what I've gathered is that, for some reason, Ubisoft decided that cloud saves should be primary data, rather than a backup.
    This, combined with the fact that the game obviously doesn't communicate properly with the cloud, results in newer data not being transferred to the cloud.
    Then, when the game freezes/crashes, when it's opened it communicates with the cloud and fetches the old save data, overwriting the newer local data.
    Again, cloud saves should NOT be a primary means of data storage. It should be a backup.

• mhoffmanx1
    1 posts

This is honestly outrageous. Just lost hours worth of playtime...for the 3rd time. Only THIS time, I encountered the "Data Corrupted" issue with all of my manual saves. I thought that issue was supposed to have been fixed with the last patch? I love this series of games, but I am completely gob-smacked at how poorly they run. When your support forums and bug reports are so numerous, that they can fill out an entire span of Gutenberg Bibles packed in every square foot of available space in the Library of Congress...there is a problem with your game developing. If I had wanted to spend $60 to feel consistently angry, unseen, and confused, I would have taken my money and gone out to lunch with my parents. Be better Ubisoft.

• Ubi-Woofer

@Gank77 I've passed your answers forward to the developers now, many thanks! 🙂

@ScotWolf89 Thanks for your answers, I've passed them on as well. With regard to the saves, they are stored locally on your console however they are also synchronised with our servers to allow for cross-platform progression if you ever wanted to use it. I myself own the game on PC as well as PS4 / PS5 for instance, so have the option to use my save on any of those due to the cloud saving functionality. You should be able to find the saves on your console, though to my knowledge you cannot back them up externally on PS5 / Xbox Series X|S (such as to a USB drive), only to the cloud storage offered by your respective console manufacturer.

@mhoffmanx1 I am sorry to hear you encountered this error. The issue with corrupted saves displaying incorrectly was previously fixed, however should a save file become corrupted this banner would of course appear correctly on the respective save data impacted. Are all of your saves in your load list showing this error? Could you also please answer the questions I asked previously in the thread so that I can understand better the extent of the issues you've faced? Thank you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics