Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• B00MSIE
    296 posts

@composedalloy53

Best to never Quick Resume Valhalla in my experience. I think maybe it it better if you finished playing on the Xbox to save your game, wait 2 minutes and then always hard close Valhalla. So it does not Quick Resume next time.

Started doing that today. Will report in a couple of days it it prevents the problem.

• guest-ngiEyvyT
    1 posts

lost over 80 hrs of progress.
    I have a Ubisoft connect account and can see my progress stats there, but went to play today and the game is completely reloaded.
    no saved games at all in the menu. All save slots wiped.
    how do I use the Ubisoft connect feature to reload my progress?

• kpn89
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer

1. Which platform do you play on?
      1. Series X
    2. If playing on Xbox Series X, are you using the "quick resume" feature with Valhalla?
      1. Ues
    3. What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
      1. 3 hours, then 40 minutes
    4. Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays the game?
      1. No
    5. Did you experience any crashes, freezes or error messages prior to your progression being lost?
      1. No
    6. Has this issue happened only once, or multiple times?
      1. Multiple times
    7. What was the last quest, world event or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
      1. Just starting "Find Birstan's Camp"
    8. When last saving your game, did you create a new save slot, or overwrite an existing one?
      1. Manual save, overwrite existing
    9. Are you mainly relying on autosaves, or making regular manual saves?
      1. Making regular manual saves

I've played for (well over 90 now) hours on the Series X since launch, never had a single save game issue with any version of the game until yesterday and today.

I played for about 3 hours yesterday throughout the day, manually saving the whole time. I fully closed the game from the xbox dashboard after saving and then opened it later on in the day and all my 3 hours of progress (where I had made LOTS of manual saves in the same manual save slot) had gone, it was back to my progress from 2 days before.

Today, I then replayed 40 minutes worth .. multiple manual saves in the same save slot which "appeared" to work.... Quit to title screen, and then upon going to "Load" games, ALL the auto save slots and my manual one which i had saved in multiple times today was from last night and the cloud save was from last night after I did a test save 15 minutes after I had lost the 3 hours progress.

So it's lost 3 hours of progress one day, and 40 minutes of today.

What on earth is the point of the MANUAL save slot if something is overriding it? Or it sounds like when i'm pressing manual save, even though the game thinks it's saved the game, it hasn't actually saved.
    I did notice some strange behaviour today when testing saves, pressing Manual save in a new slot wouldn't actually create a new save... so sounds like something is going wrong with the manual save creation?

Really really offput playing this now if this is going to keep happening.

• hobbinguy
    11 posts

@b00msie Please do report back if this solves the issue. I stopped playing because I can't keep losing progress. If it's Quick Resume that's the issue, I'll just hard close every time as you suggested. But I'd like to be sure that works before I go back.

• hobbinguy
    11 posts

@guest-ngieyvyt Someone else on this forum suggested a hard reset of the game. He said his saved games came back. In my experience, however, once the saves are gone, I never can get them again.

• TheCommodus
    2 posts
    1. Which platform do you play on?
      1. Xbox Series X
    2. If playing on Xbox Series X, are you using the "quick resume" feature with Valhalla?
      1. Yes. But bug occured also when Quick Resume was disabled.
    3. What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
      1. Progression lost happend 3 times for me. Each time I lost approx between 2 and 4 hours. Altogether I have lost 13 hours of progression.
    4. Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays the game?
      1. Not for this game.
    5. Did you experience any crashes, freezes or error messages prior to your progression being lost?
      1. Yes. Once the game was blocking progression due to the "You need to be anonymous to continue". Another time (yesterday) I was entering a cave and Eivor started swimming even though there was no water. Couldn't exist the cave anymore, had to quit game.
    6. Has this issue happened only once, or multiple times?
      1. Happened 3 times already over a 75 hours progression (or more like 88 hours if you count the hours lost)
    7. What was the last quest, world event or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
      1. Battle of Portcester (Fulke)
    8. When last saving your game, did you create a new save slot, or overwrite an existing one?
      1. I always save on a new save. The game imposes a limit to 20 saves. so I am now back to savegame number 12. But every same is on a seperate one. But I've lost not just the last one but up to three last manual saves and auto saves.
    9. Are you mainly relying on autosaves, or making regular manual saves?
      1. Manual saves mainly. Autosaves also get deleted.

I'm suspecting this is due to cloud save sync. When loading the game and seeing the proposed saved games (after the latest ones were deleted) we can see a mess of local and cloud saves that are completely not aligned. This is the issue of deleting saves.

Below you can see my progression to 75 hours on Manual save 14. And then when it went back to Manual save 12 with 72 hours.
    undefined
    undefined

• TheCommodus
    2 posts

@b00msie I've been doing this ever since losing twice my last 3 hours of gameplay. Unfortunately, it still happened to me again yesterday. I quit after each game.

• ScotWolf89
    6 posts

Happened again today for me too, luckily only lost about half an hour this time at least.

The issue is clearly with cloud saving whenever the connection to the server drops. Though this stopping you being able to save manually (get stuck in an eternal loading screen if you try) is beyond dumb.
    They really need to give us the option to turn off cloud saving until they get their fingers out and fix the issue properly.

• hobbinguy
    11 posts

@scotwolf89 I'm just stopping playing until they figure it out. It's depressing, but I fear playing more will delete all my progress instead of just some.

• B00MSIE
    296 posts

@thecommodus
    @ubi-woofer

Like others mention also, this presumably has to do be cloud saving. That’s why it goes wrong in combination with Quick Resume. Also with other games (like Batman telltales), cloud saving (not in the xbox live cloud) goes wrong after quick resuming.

Disabling Quick Resume by hard closing Valhalla will make it more reliable, but not if the servers are unreliable. The Ubisoft servers are very unreliable. I have a very stable internet connection, the problem is definitely on the Ubisoft server side.

In Batman the telltales series you can simply disable cloud saving, which solves all the quick resume issues for cloud saving (Reda missions will still not be possible until you restart). Like others also mention, Valhalla should also have this option.

The other thing is that after a crash (especially one that crashes the whole system), Valhalla jumps back to an old Quick Resume. This should be looked into also.

• kpn89
    2 posts

@b00msie

Yup agreed, it's definitely the cloud saving!

So after my issues over the last 2 days, I restarted my xbox, ejected the disc, loaded up Valhalla again.

I loaded up my last 'save' (which had reverted and lost progress), soon as the game was loaded I went to the 'load' option in the game and deleted all my cloud saves that were present on the account.

I then did a manual save and it worked first time, and after going to 'load' again I could see the MANUAL CLOUD SAVE was the correct time.

I have been testing saving in multiple slots as well and that is all working fine now...

So it sounds like if you encountering this issue even when manual saving, you think you are saving the game... but you are not.
    When you next load up the game, the game sees the 'latest' cloud save in Ubisoft and goes ahead and pulls that down over your manual save and uses that as the 'latest' save data. Which if cloud saving hasn't been working will obviously be out of date and cause a loss of all progress before the point in which the last cloud save was successful.

There should 100% be an option to disable cloud saves... it's just not needed, especially on Xbox, where all your saves are backed up to the xbox live cloud anyway (I know you wouldn't get cross platform progression then, but I can't think many people who would be playing on multiple platforms with the same save file is a high number!?)

If we get the option to disable cloud saves, then we can fully rely on the manual save being the true source of data... and there won't be an issue?

• guest-eUQVPz0M
    1 posts

Xbox Series X player here.
    I manually save several times throughout a game play session- I make 2 seperate files almost each time, typically right before an important part (anything that removes an icon from the map) AND right after I complete that part. All 20 save spaces are constantly filled. I play daily. I had to do a hard reset on my Xbox (controller connectivity issues) and at reboot I have lost the last 3 days of play- estimated 15-20 hours. There are no cloudsaves nor autosaves in my load options and I am livid. Absolutely no excuse for this type of "glitch", it was bad enough dealing with the quiver bug, but ubisoft has officially fallen short here.

• crazyray79
    3 posts

Lost 4 days of saves on Sunday on Xbox Series X, then finally redid it all and finished today only to lose all progress from today. Very frustrating.

• crazyray79
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • vohna10
    2 posts

Hi all, 

yesterday I had a problem with Saved games. Attached you can see that I played for almost 75 hours. I am 100% sure that after Vinland I saved a game many times in England, even AC itself saved a game. 

but yesterday I tried to load game and you can see attached that Vinland is the only game I can load. With 64 hours played.

did you had this glitch that your saved games were missing? How to fix that? 

regards. 
    thomas

• slav00000
    4 posts

@ubi-raziel Welcome to the club. I have just lost all saves one week back. XboX Series X, there was this online access error, never happened again 40+ hours into the game.

• slav00000
    4 posts

@crazyray79 hi, how did you report it?

• slav00000
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer hey, I have just lost a week of gameplay. to put it mildly I am not happy. Is there a way to revert it? XboX Series X.

• kenziko1
    4 posts

Just after completing the main game (yesterday), after restarting the game I've found that my saves after the 10th January are no longer present.

The game loads the last autosave losing me probably 50 hours of progress, and meaning my plan to clean up the last few things to do has been completely wrecked.

Is there any way to recover the lost saves?!

(XBox Series S)

• lwbeukes
    3 posts

Any one know how to fix it so that you can save to the cloud. My ubisoft connect does not upload at all. I played 65hours on ps4 and want to transfer my save to ps5, but none of my saves gets uploaded to the cloud so that I can start it on ps5. Spoke to ubisoft support about it, but they just logged the complaint without really helping me. I really don't want to start over, but I also don't want to continue playing if I am just going to have to start over again. Jeesh why can't they add a manual upload option like they did for Immortals Fenyx Rising.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics