Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/777 Replies/17180 Views
    ScotWolf89
    6 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

Which platform do you play on?
    - Xbox one
     If playing on Xbox Series X, are you using the "quick resume" feature with Valhalla? 
    - NA
    What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
    - 4 hours the first time and only an hour because the second because I noticed the problem in time
    Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays the game? 
    - No.
    Did you experience any crashes, freezes or error messages prior to your progression being lost? 
    - Yes, freezes on a loading screen when I go to manually save at the end of my session.
    Has this issue happened only once, or multiple times? 
    - Multiple
    What was the last quest, world event or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
    - was around 80% through the East Anglia arc the first time it happened, and had just defeated the zealot Redwalda the second time.
    When last saving your game, did you create a new save slot, or overwrite an existing one?
    - overwrote an existing manual save
    Are you mainly relying on autosaves, or making regular manual saves?
    - manual saves before logging out, autosave during gameplay.

Seriously, why not just save data to the console?? Will be putting the game down if this keeps up until its resolved

• Quixy21
    14 posts

There is definitely local save data for the game. However, what I've gathered is that, for some reason, Ubisoft decided that cloud saves should be primary data, rather than a backup.
    This, combined with the fact that the game obviously doesn't communicate properly with the cloud, results in newer data not being transferred to the cloud.
    Then, when the game freezes/crashes, when it's opened it communicates with the cloud and fetches the old save data, overwriting the newer local data.
    Again, cloud saves should NOT be a primary means of data storage. It should be a backup.

• mhoffmanx1
    1 posts

This is honestly outrageous. Just lost hours worth of playtime...for the 3rd time. Only THIS time, I encountered the "Data Corrupted" issue with all of my manual saves. I thought that issue was supposed to have been fixed with the last patch? I love this series of games, but I am completely gob-smacked at how poorly they run. When your support forums and bug reports are so numerous, that they can fill out an entire span of Gutenberg Bibles packed in every square foot of available space in the Library of Congress...there is a problem with your game developing. If I had wanted to spend $60 to feel consistently angry, unseen, and confused, I would have taken my money and gone out to lunch with my parents. Be better Ubisoft.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1163 posts

@Gank77 I've passed your answers forward to the developers now, many thanks! 🙂

@ScotWolf89 Thanks for your answers, I've passed them on as well. With regard to the saves, they are stored locally on your console however they are also synchronised with our servers to allow for cross-platform progression if you ever wanted to use it. I myself own the game on PC as well as PS4 / PS5 for instance, so have the option to use my save on any of those due to the cloud saving functionality. You should be able to find the saves on your console, though to my knowledge you cannot back them up externally on PS5 / Xbox Series X|S (such as to a USB drive), only to the cloud storage offered by your respective console manufacturer.

@mhoffmanx1 I am sorry to hear you encountered this error. The issue with corrupted saves displaying incorrectly was previously fixed, however should a save file become corrupted this banner would of course appear correctly on the respective save data impacted. Are all of your saves in your load list showing this error? Could you also please answer the questions I asked previously in the thread so that I can understand better the extent of the issues you've faced? Thank you.

Official Response
  • Bushwickedly
    109 posts

@mhoffmanx1 What worked in the past was to shut the game down, remove the disc if it has one, then shut off the console. MAKE SURE you have an internet connection and RESTART the console but leave disc out. Try starting the game from UI menu, then insert disc when it states it's missing. When game loads to main menu screen, go into Load Save menu. If everything still states it's "corrupt", back out of the Load Save menu to main menu, then go right back in. Should show as correct now provided you didn't delete the saves. I've yet to see Ubidaft even bother to tell people to NOT delete the "corrupt saves" even though they are usually retrievable. Their garbage answer was to "restart the game from scratch."

I've had the corrupt issue at least 2 times in the past (haven't bothered with 1.1.0 update nor have I been playing in several weeks as they still can't fix the %^&*ing fish yet nor figure out is going on with the quivers) and was able to fix both instances as stated above. Dunno if that still applies but worth a try.

• scuzzy1992
    1 posts

I lost my main save file with 95+ hours of gameplay! all I have are cloud saves from 24 hours of gameplay. even though the day before I had cloud saves at 90+ hours!
    someone please help

• Draw_06
    2 posts

@fun-jon Exact same happened to me. Also on xbox one, lost hours and hours. Manual and auto saves have just vanished.

• Draw_06
    2 posts

On Xbox One here, lost 2 days worth of saves both manual and auto saves are gone from a 48 hour period of time. Is there any word from Ubi on this? I don't want to play again until it's fixed.

• Netspook
    287 posts

PC
    What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
    37 hours
    No, no one touches my baby!
    Did you experience any crashes, freezes or error messages prior to your progression being lost?
    No, but I sure did after starting a new game (probably something with the mid-December patch)
    Once
    What was the last quest, world event or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
    Completed? Not sure. I was in the Asgard boss fight (The Builder) and it bugged in every possible way. Made a thread about it.
    After making that thread, I decided to load a previous save, and found out that everything except autosave was gone.
    Thread: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81178/spoiler-the-builder-fight-multiple-bugs/1
    When last saving your game, did you create a new save slot, or overwrite an existing one?
    Can't remember
    Mostly autosaves, but I try to remember to both make manual saves and hit the quick save button every now and then

• hobbinguy
    11 posts

- Xbox Series X
     If playing on Xbox Series X, are you using the "quick resume" feature with Valhalla? 

• Yes

- 1 hour the first time, 3 hours the 2nd time
    - No.
    - No, I received no error messages of any kind. My save games were just missing despite having manually saved several times.
    - Multiple
    - The first time this happened, I'd just finished the Bloody Welcome quest. The second time, I'd traveled to Vinland and was fighting there.
    - overwrote an existing manual save
    - I make repeated manual saves about every 5 minutes precisely so that I will not lose progress in this manner.

Please let me know if there is a potential fix. I cannot continue to play this game if it will repeatedly lose my progress.

• chrisbf
    3 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

I installed update 1.1.1 this morning, as soon I went in the Revensthorpe House, I got a Mission completed and the save looks to work again. I test more today and let you know if it fixed.

• ScotWolf89
    6 posts

Just installed the 1.1.1 update, hoping that'll be this issue sorted 🤞

• hobbinguy
    11 posts

@hobbinguy The new update is installed, but unfortunately my issue is not resolved.

• CosmicR3d
    1 posts

I have a 125 hours in Valhalla on the Xbox Series X.

When I'm done playing and save my game progress, everything seems fine; in the save menu it looks like the game has saved my progress. I'll quit to the main menu and it seems as though I'm starting the game for the very first time, it will ask me to set up my preferences and my save files are all gone. I quit the game and booted it up again and my save files were back but the most recent save file was from a previous gaming session.

It has happened to me three times already. The second time it happened, I was playing and wanted to load a previous save file and the game wouldn't load. I quit to the main menu and same deal as last time, it was as though I was starting the game for the very first time, save files gone, etc.

Third time was after the recent patch, which I was hoping would fix the problem, but unfortunately didn't fix the issue.

I hope there's a fix soon because I was enjoying my time with the game and this kind of sucks after putting 125 hours into the game lol

• ViniciusFleury
    1 posts

Lost about 4 hours of progression on the game. What can you do about it? I'm not playing it again risking losing it all again.

• ScotWolf89
    6 posts

And nope, the update hasn't fixed anything. Just lost another 4 hours of gameplay. This is a massive cluster**** from what's supposed to be a AAA title.

• Detraz90
    2 posts

Least you didn't lose 52hrs of hard work.

• Detraz90
    2 posts

@bushwickedly I've had the same issues and some seems to sort themselves out but others you gotta wait for the devs to fix.

• ScotWolf89
    6 posts

@detraz90
    True, but losing 15 hours cumulatively is still damn frustrating.

• ComposedAlloy53
    2 posts

I lost all my progress. Maybe 40h worth ?

I was choosing from saves to load and nothing happened. Then I was returned to start screen and then everything was gone.

Xbox series x

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics