Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ScotWolf89
    6 posts

Just installed the 1.1.1 update, hoping that'll be this issue sorted 🤞

• hobbinguy
    11 posts

@hobbinguy The new update is installed, but unfortunately my issue is not resolved.

• CosmicR3d
    1 posts

I have a 125 hours in Valhalla on the Xbox Series X.

When I'm done playing and save my game progress, everything seems fine; in the save menu it looks like the game has saved my progress. I'll quit to the main menu and it seems as though I'm starting the game for the very first time, it will ask me to set up my preferences and my save files are all gone. I quit the game and booted it up again and my save files were back but the most recent save file was from a previous gaming session.

It has happened to me three times already. The second time it happened, I was playing and wanted to load a previous save file and the game wouldn't load. I quit to the main menu and same deal as last time, it was as though I was starting the game for the very first time, save files gone, etc.

Third time was after the recent patch, which I was hoping would fix the problem, but unfortunately didn't fix the issue.

I hope there's a fix soon because I was enjoying my time with the game and this kind of sucks after putting 125 hours into the game lol

• ViniciusFleury
    1 posts

Lost about 4 hours of progression on the game. What can you do about it? I'm not playing it again risking losing it all again.

• ScotWolf89
    6 posts

And nope, the update hasn't fixed anything. Just lost another 4 hours of gameplay. This is a massive cluster**** from what's supposed to be a AAA title.

• Detraz90
    2 posts

Least you didn't lose 52hrs of hard work.

• Detraz90
    2 posts

@bushwickedly I've had the same issues and some seems to sort themselves out but others you gotta wait for the devs to fix.

• ScotWolf89
    6 posts

@detraz90
    True, but losing 15 hours cumulatively is still damn frustrating.

• ComposedAlloy53
    2 posts

I lost all my progress. Maybe 40h worth ?

I was choosing from saves to load and nothing happened. Then I was returned to start screen and then everything was gone.

Xbox series x

• B00MSIE
    369 posts

@composedalloy53

I have had this every couple of days on Xbox Series X after Quick Resuming, but when I hard close Valhalla and restart the game all my saves are back.

Just make sure you do not save or let Valhalla autosave before restarting!

• Chaulkie39
    5 posts

@nathaniel826 Hey Everyone , save your self the Trouble .. UBISOFT DONT CARE ABOUT US , THEY MADE THE SALE , TRASH YOUR UBISOFT GAMES TO HAVE SUPPORT LIKE THIS WE ALREADY DID
    EVERYONE , CONSIDER THE ECONOMY , AND YOUR MONEY IS IMPORTANT . STOP BUYING THERE [censored] , TRADE THE GAMES ATLEAST YOU WILL GET SOME MONEY BACK AND SOMETHING OUT OF IT YOU CAN SEE . THEY DONT CARE ABOUT US THEY HAVE ALREADY MADE THE SALE

• fireman531
    2 posts

@Ubi-Woofer Which platform do you play on?- xboxone What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)- last time 5 hr (I quick save often)Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays the game? - NoDid you experience any crashes, freezes or error messages prior to your progression being lost? - No Has this issue happened only once, or multiple times? - 5 times this has happened .What was the last quest, world event or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?- The quest in jotenheim enter the waterfall .Are you mainly relying on autosaves, or making regular manual saves?- I do often quicksave, and use autosaves

• RealDelistyle
    1 posts

This is the second time I've lost progress in this game due to no fault of my own. First time was with the latest patch, about 3 hours. This time it was just over 4 hours. I've been manually saving about every 30 mins and always before I finish a play session. I had a music looping bug again today and saved and closed the game, when i came back my save file was from yesterday.

I cleared all of north oxenefordscire, a decent chunk of the south and killed an order member. Not to mention tons of fishing hunting. All gone im back to the quest chipping away.

There has to be a way to get this data back, even checked the cloud save and thats the most recent.
    The one on my system was 7 hours behind.

there absolutely needs to be a way to fix this. It is beyond unacceptable that this happened not just once but twice.
    Note:
    Today while playing the game(not my xbox) disconnected from the ubisoft servers while I was playing.
    System xbox series x

• ComposedAlloy53
    2 posts

@b00msie I tried this and now it's only an hour or so missing. THANK YOU!

Edit: maybe 3 hours missing.

• akgunsmith85
    1 posts

Same thing happened to me I lost 8 hours of game play has anyone heard how to fix this? I noticed if the store is working meaning I can click on things and scroll through it it will save and if it says connection issues it won't save.

• B00MSIE
    369 posts

@composedalloy53

Best to never Quick Resume Valhalla in my experience. I think maybe it it better if you finished playing on the Xbox to save your game, wait 2 minutes and then always hard close Valhalla. So it does not Quick Resume next time.

Started doing that today. Will report in a couple of days it it prevents the problem.

• guest-ngiEyvyT
    1 posts

lost over 80 hrs of progress.
    I have a Ubisoft connect account and can see my progress stats there, but went to play today and the game is completely reloaded.
    no saved games at all in the menu. All save slots wiped.
    how do I use the Ubisoft connect feature to reload my progress?

• kpn89
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer

1. Which platform do you play on?
      1. Series X
    2. If playing on Xbox Series X, are you using the "quick resume" feature with Valhalla?
      1. Ues
    3. What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
      1. 3 hours, then 40 minutes
    4. Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays the game?
      1. No
    5. Did you experience any crashes, freezes or error messages prior to your progression being lost?
      1. No
    6. Has this issue happened only once, or multiple times?
      1. Multiple times
    7. What was the last quest, world event or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
      1. Just starting "Find Birstan's Camp"
    8. When last saving your game, did you create a new save slot, or overwrite an existing one?
      1. Manual save, overwrite existing
    9. Are you mainly relying on autosaves, or making regular manual saves?
      1. Making regular manual saves

I've played for (well over 90 now) hours on the Series X since launch, never had a single save game issue with any version of the game until yesterday and today.

I played for about 3 hours yesterday throughout the day, manually saving the whole time. I fully closed the game from the xbox dashboard after saving and then opened it later on in the day and all my 3 hours of progress (where I had made LOTS of manual saves in the same manual save slot) had gone, it was back to my progress from 2 days before.

Today, I then replayed 40 minutes worth .. multiple manual saves in the same save slot which "appeared" to work.... Quit to title screen, and then upon going to "Load" games, ALL the auto save slots and my manual one which i had saved in multiple times today was from last night and the cloud save was from last night after I did a test save 15 minutes after I had lost the 3 hours progress.

So it's lost 3 hours of progress one day, and 40 minutes of today.

What on earth is the point of the MANUAL save slot if something is overriding it? Or it sounds like when i'm pressing manual save, even though the game thinks it's saved the game, it hasn't actually saved.
    I did notice some strange behaviour today when testing saves, pressing Manual save in a new slot wouldn't actually create a new save... so sounds like something is going wrong with the manual save creation?

Really really offput playing this now if this is going to keep happening.

• hobbinguy
    11 posts

@b00msie Please do report back if this solves the issue. I stopped playing because I can't keep losing progress. If it's Quick Resume that's the issue, I'll just hard close every time as you suggested. But I'd like to be sure that works before I go back.

• hobbinguy
    11 posts

@guest-ngieyvyt Someone else on this forum suggested a hard reset of the game. He said his saved games came back. In my experience, however, once the saves are gone, I never can get them again.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics