Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• benrees2012
    3 posts

UBISOFT this is beyond a joke and not excusable. This will be the first AC game I don’t complete. yes I have completed them all including the annoying China and India 2D rubbish. I say wont complete but I did complete it yesterday only today all my $%&^ing save games are missing again. Piece of $#!+ game that is full of bugs and wastes hours of my life then takes it all always because you cant sort out a bug that everyone has been complaining about for months now.

• benrees2012
    3 posts

@benrees2012 This is the 4th time I have lost more than a day and yes I manually saved more than once somehow all of yesterday’s play is over written.

• guest-BcPbPkYC
    3 posts

Happened again! Go f yourselves Ubisoft. This game is a damn disgrace. Everyone who bought this game should be sent a refund.

• guest-tqeoXuyp
    1 posts

Happened to me twice now and stopped playing. Ubisoft you are a disgrace and should issue refunds.

• B00MSIE
    296 posts

It is not even mentioned (as a save problem) in the known Issues.They mention quick resume, but it nowhere tells there is a big change hours of gameplay get lost in the twilight zone.

• Joker084
    1 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

1. Which platform do you play on? = Xbox series x
    2. If playing on Xbox Series X, are you using the "quick resume" feature with Valhalla? = Yes
    3. What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful) = about 5 hours,
    4. Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays the game? = No
    5. Did you experience any crashes, freezes or error messages prior to your progression being lost? = No
    6. Has this issue happened only once, or multiple times? = two Times
    7. What was the last quest, world event or activity that you completed before your progress was lost? = I had to return to randfri after completing the frist area
    8. When last saving your game, did you create a new save slot, or overwrite an existing one? = I Always create a new file.
    9. Are you mainly relying on autosaves, or making regular manual saves = regular manual saves

• Nicko1765
    1 posts

• What platform do you play on? Xbox Series X
    • If playing on next-gen consoles, were you using the Quick Resume feature on Xbox or the Switcher feature on PS5? Quick Resume
    • What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful) about 10 hours (4 days worth)
    • Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays Valhalla? No
    • Has this loss of progress / saves only happened once, or multiple times? Once, this time only
    • What was the last quest, world event, or activity that you completed before your progress was lost? Involved Killing Ricsige in Jorvik, but 90% of the way through that storyline
    • Upon last saving your game, did you create a new save or overwrite an old one? Autosaves only
    • Are you mainly relying on autosave or making regular manual saves? Autosaves

• Herotz33
    4 posts

I'm pretty much fed up and lost all reason to play the game as this is the third time ive lost 30 plus hours of game play going to all the synch areas.

Man this game is not fun at all and turning to be really tedious.

Xbox Series X, no one else shares the console. I MANUALLY save cause of the last loss.

You guys gotta give us free 400% XP boost cause theres no way am I gonna grind from 30 power to 50 power unless i get really really bored. With gamepass id rather pretty much play anything else than this game at the moment. Even my Cyberpunk never lost data for me and Ive finished that 5 times. I cant even get my village to level 4 before it reboots it to level 2. HEROTZ33

This game has reset so often I dont even wanna look at the icon cause i dont trust itll work after playing for hours.

• Herotz33
    4 posts
    • @herotz33 What platform do you play on? Xbox Series X
    • If playing on next-gen consoles, were you using the Quick Resume feature on Xbox or the Switcher feature on PS5? Quick Resume
    • What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful) about 30 hours (4 days worth)
    • Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays Valhalla? No
    • Has this loss of progress / saves only happened once, or multiple times? at least 3 times
    • What was the last quest, world event, or activity that you completed before your progress was lost? level up village to 4 killed first three hidden ones
    • Upon last saving your game, did you create a new save or overwrite an old one? manual and Autosaves
    • Are you mainly relying on autosave or making regular manual saves? MANUAL and Autosaves

• SteveZ_Pun
    150 posts

When the game was loaded i have only savegames from 15.01. The gear from Yule Fest is lost and 270 hour progress lost.
    How to get this again cause xmas event is finishd?
    I always have 10 or more saves but only some are correct. Problem is this save are from a new begin.
    My progress 77%,level was 400 plus maybe 100 masterpoints - all gone.
    My town was full upgraded also everything gone. My next mission was go back to norway but it shows me missons for Sciropescire.
    Eivor was in pants and some full upgraded gear is downgraded and i miss all other gear i already found and upgraded(Thane,Mentore,etc.). I played 270 hour and my save is at 99hour.
    All money,Tungsten,fabric,etc i farmed are lost and i had many...really many.

If i know i get the gear from Ultimate-Pack at Reda-Shop i never buy Ultimate,i feel really cheated. If stuff is included in a pack it should be only for owner from this pack. Or buyable in this shop.
    I fight me through many bugs alone and now all is gone. Wish i can write what i think but then is here everything censored and i maybe banned.
    Sorry for my english.
    This game isnt very bad but...........
    Why the stuff didnt use some good things from Origins or Odyssey - weapon change etc.
    Sometimes many crashes,blue screens, then i play weeks with not 1 crash.
    Is there a chance to get my old savegame?? No,of course......
    I am normal patience with new games, bugs happen but this is a damn joke.
    The microtransaction in this game is worst i ever seen...diamond runes in all pieces is mistake, delete runes from only some gear,new gear again with diamond runes. I think its easy to add them without.
    Complete Package for 29 Euro bugged and can not upgraded,no one test it before???
    First thing is to sell gear and not to work on bugs, shame on you.
    The gear have nothing to do with vikings,looks damn ugly. Ok some maybe like it but i hat it,loks more like final fantasy,WOW,etc.. The NPC have nice gear.
    Iam really dissapointed from this game in many things. There was a chance to make a good game but Ubi ruin it.

• O_Griobhtha
    7 posts

@Ubi-Raziel

Alright ... I win this round!!

Ubisoft ... what the HELL have you done???

I'm at 140+ hours, go to play game today.
    Get start up options screen...

Now ... NO F'ING SAVE GAME??!! Only have New Game option.

You need to fix this immediately!

• Jvillan17
    2 posts

Hello,

Im a huge AC Valhalla fan, I wouldn’t be on this forum tonight writing about this glitch if I didn’t care about this game. I enjoy this game a lot but there is just such an irritating breaking the game glitch. Since the second to last update there is a saving glitch where if the Ubisoft cloud server fails to connect it doesn’t save your game. Mind you, I just played 5 total hours of the River Severn River Raid. I completed the whole area of the map. Just for the game NOT to save I watched myself save it three different times with a time stamp of 10:23PM. Mind you I’ve been saving the game as I made progress through the River Raid, and none of it saved. I’m so irritated. This is a glitch that needs to get fixed ASAP. I feel like it’s occurring even more now since the latest update. I’ll provide more information below of things that I’ve tried to get around this.

Gaming Console: Xbox Series X
    Troubleshoot 1: I open AC Valhalla and then I close the app/game, so there is a fresh new start before playing. Most the time this works, but recently it has not.

Troubleshoot 2: I create two multiple saves just in case purposes. Sometimes the game likes the second new save. But when I close the app out and come back it overrides the latest save with the cloud auto save. That becomes an issue when the game doesn’t save previously. I can save the game with the time stamp of 10:23 PM but when I start the game again and it didn’t save it will override that last save and all my progress is lost.

Troubleshoot 3: I hover over the community pictures on the game map to see if the Ubisoft server is connected. If it’s not connected, I immediately stop playing. Save. I restart the game.

Troubleshooting Answers: I have none! I truly don’t. There is no getting around this glitch. If the server isn’t connecting then it’s not going to save. I love this game but stuff like this makes it so hard to enjoy the game especially I gotta play 5 hours all over again. 5 hours of my life I can get back. I could’ve been doing other things. As a consumers, just please do us the justice and fix this Saving Glitch/Bug as soon as possible? To be honest I don’t even want to play the river raids anymore because of that glitch. I don’t even want to play it because you can’t use your raven and you can’t “ask for a song” while river raiding. It’s so dang quiet. I love this game but again, I can’t see myself buying the dlc or continuing on with Valhalla anymore if my saved progress won’t be saved due to the Ubisoft Sever Error.

Please don’t delete this post. Please answer this issue. 

Sincerely, an exhaust AC Valhalla fan.

#JustFixIt

• B00MSIE
    296 posts

@jvillan17

Can’t agree more with you. I also really like this game and can live (but prefer not to) with most of the bugs. But the fact I must constantly check if I am online and did not loose my savegames is ridiculous. Every day I start the game in horror because I am afraid this is the day all my savegames are gone.

Although the Ubisoft guys (who do their best, I really respect that) react in this thread, it is not even in the acknowledged bugs post???

• Herotz33
    4 posts

@b00msie I've played every Assassin's Creed since the first and this is the only one I've given up on cause the lack of saving is game breaking.

I feel like this is the 1980s with cartridges that cant save and you have to keep the system on to finish the game LOL

Cyberpunk with all the glitches still let me finish it 5 times. the lost progress really took out interest. May take awhile to go back unless they give us a 5000% percent XP boost.

• hobbinguy
    11 posts

@herotz33 I stopped playing a month or so ago because I can't play a game if I might lose hours of progress. I just don't have enough time in my life.

• hobbinguy
    11 posts

@jvillan17 Do these troubleshooting tips "work"? Have you lost saves when you know you're connected to Ubisoft?

• darr78
    1 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

1. Which platform do you play on? = Xbox series x
    2. If playing on Xbox Series X, are you using the "quick resume" feature with Valhalla? = Yes
    3. What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful) = about 5 hours
    4. Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays the game? = No
    5. Did you experience any crashes, freezes or error messages prior to your progression being lost? = No
    6. Has this issue happened only once, or multiple times? = two Times
    7. What was the last quest, world event or activity that you completed before your progress was lost? = I had to return to the Lincolnshire quest where the boy is crying at the tree after playing up to the end of Jotunheim (minus only 3 wealth and 1 mystery) and a few order members in between
    8. When last saving your game, did you create a new save slot, or overwrite an existing one? = I usually rely on autosaves but make occasional manual saves. I had last played via remote play on a tablet.
    9. Are you mainly relying on autosaves, or making regular manual saves = see above

And on a personal note, as someone that's played every AC game except Odyssey and Unity and gottena platinum trophy in many, it's really frustrating that [censored] like this so often leaves a sour taste on a great game. I've been [censored] on by lost saves for decades and for some reason, I keep coming back. I have no idea how that happens. This will be the last one I buy new for a while though. The last time AC broke me like this was a bug in a side quest that kept me from 100% and a platinum trophy in AC3. And that was one of the least good AC games. F**k

• Herotz33
    4 posts

@hobbinguy exactly. I don't have the time to waste on games that waste my time. Will wait this out and I'm hoping they give us the option to XP boost and power boost all the way cause I really dont want to grind all that again.

• evilashchris
    1 posts

This has happened twice to me, lost about four hours each time so I stopped playing.

I started playing Fenyx instead, which has done the exact same thing and lost about three hours.

It's not just an [censored] Creed problem, it's Ubi's save system clearly.

• hobbinguy
    11 posts

@jvillan17 Do these troubleshooting tips "work"? Have you lost saves when you know you're connected to Ubisoft?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics