Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ltarqsuperbus
    8 posts

We'll probably have the next AC game published and ready before I can even play this one.

JUST TURN OFF THE CLOUD SYNC, UBISOFT!!!!

• B00MSIE
    329 posts

@ltarqsuperbus

I am sure (at least on Series X) it has all to do with Quick Resume, not with cloud syncing. After Quick Resuming the whole game is bugged for me. I always lose my beserker gear. My Jomsvikings outfit gets resetted. The game begins to stutter. Reda gets totally confused etc etc etc...

For a game that made a deal with Microsoft to be advertised as the next generation Xbox Series game, this is unacceptable. Xbox players get constant screen tearing, stuttering, a very bad HDR implementation, frequent loss of progress and more bugs then on any other platform. Other Ubisoft games (like Wildlands) have none of these issues.

Although I really like this game (without all the messy bugs), almost all fun to play this game is gone for me at this time. And while I am a big fan of the Ubisoft openworld games (Despite the repetetive gameplay), Valhalla took away the fun to play any of them.

And what even makes it worse. I feel like Ubisoft doesn't care at all about this. It makes me angry and sad...

• Sliktais
    4 posts

It is just unbelievable, lost all progress starting from with 20th March. Suddenly no saves available. Crazy ! This game is such waste full of bugs.

• Order227Jim
    2 posts

What platform do you play on? Xbox Series X
    If playing on next-gen consoles, were you using the Quick Resume feature on Xbox or the Switcher feature on PS5? Sometimes, not always.
    What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)? First time over 15 hours, second time just over 10 hours (estimated).
    Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays Valhalla? No.
    Has this loss of progress / saves only happened once, or multiple times? Multiple times.
    What was the last quest, world event, or activity that you completed before your progress was lost? I tried to upgrade one of the tents in Ravensthorpe this time. The game hung so I switched off.
    Upon last saving your game, did you create a new save or overwrite an old one? The last time I saved over both Cloud and local saves.
    Are you mainly relying on autosave or making regular manual saves? Have been doing both new saves and saving over old saves - for cloud saves this is the only way.

It is really poor that this is still a major issue. 4 months! It took me a few weeks to pluck up the courage to return to this game after the last time I lost saves. Now I am reluctant to start again as I simply cannot trust that it won't happen again.

• B00MSIE
    329 posts

@sliktais

I also play on XSX and have been losing hours of gameplay multiple times (at least 50 hours lost from more then 400 hours played by now). At this time I believe Ubisoft is seeing this as a feature or simple does not care at all about the ridiculously bad state of this game.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/78433/my-progress-has-been-reset-lost-recent-save-games-not-available-post-here/576

• Dauntillis
    1 posts

I haven't played since the start of February, after losing save data (one XBox One) for the second time. First instance, lost about 2 hours. The second instance, I lost 8-10 hours of gameplay (Most of the Asgard sequence and then some). Did a ticket with Ubisoft and worked with them for several days.

Eventually the response was, "We don't know why it happened, can't promise it won't happen again, and don't know when (or if) the issue will be addressed in a patch."

Tried picking up the game after a month of non-play, but was immediately greeted with the "This game auto-saves" screen and got sick to my stomach and turned it off.

Sad to see others here having the same issue, i.e. Ubisoft has failed to address (even with this thread going back to November).

• shredguitarist
    1 posts

This happened to me in early December. Have contacted Ubisoft support via Twitter multiple times. Started a Reddit thread and nearly 2 hundred people have reported same issues with losing saves.

shame I can’t get a refund on this game: £60 wasted, as I can’t trust it to save my game.

ill not be buying any more Ubisoft games. The bare minimum I expect is that a game saves my progress. Every other game on the Xbox saves fine.
    if it’s for cross platform saves then let me turn it off as I only play on Xbox so it’s a feature forced on me that lost my save and took my trust and enjoyment away.

• weegieq
    1 posts

Played disc version on one x when it first came out, no save game issues. Bought a series s and digital version, 1st time continuing from my previous save I lost about 6hrs which I managed to get back after deleting local save data.

Played it again today and lost about 4hrs and can't get it back.

When it auto saves it does about 4 versions in quick succession, get various cloud errors and when manual save it says it has but no new data is created.

Looking at this forum is depressing, 4 months and it's still not fixed, how can you play an open world game when you've no trust in the save. At least with fallout 4 you'd safe often to cover yourself, you can't even do that here.

• lucek000
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • lucek000
    6 posts

@shredguitarist Same here. I wanted to buy fenyx rising as a next game but I won't do that because i feel robbed by ubisoft.

• B00MSIE
    329 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • B00MSIE
    329 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • B00MSIE
    329 posts

@lucek000

I downloaded Watch Dogs Legion om my XSX, which you can play freely this weekend. And that game has the same problem. I lost my savegame while playing the free demo when I tried to use Quick Resume (But watchdogs starts all over again and you lose all progress, other behavior same consequences). Seems this is a new feature in all new Ubisoft games. Surely extends the playtime to complete a game.

I have a level 50 Ubi connect account. Which tells you I have almost every Ubisoft game ever made. But after this experience, Valhalla will have been the last Ubisoft game I bought.

Btw: This forum is as broken as the Ubisoft games. I got 3 posts (edit seems to repost now, or what ever happened here?) and delete 2 to be able to actually make a post.

• Wildname0
    1 posts

I lost all of my saving data this is so [censored] annoying. Literally waste of time. BUGisoft.

• MatthewPaul92
    1 posts

A couple of days ago I managed to finish the Jotenheim area of the Asgard arc. Not gonna lie, wasn't the biggest fan of Jotenheim and was really happy to be done with it. Rather than continue on into Asgard, I decided to continue on with the map to Essex. A day or so later I finished up the Essex Arc and proceed to Lincolnshire (if you're wondering I'm playing the game in the order of the level recommendation cuz why not?). I'm exploring the area for a bit then all of a sudden the game crashed. Sadly that isn't anything new with this game, and once the game rebooted itself and took me to the menu I clicked on continue. Only to take me back... to Jotenheim. All that work, all that progress, is all gone. Now, I have to do all that garbage again! As you can imagine, I was pretty upset.
    How can a game have such a potential game-killing glitch like that? Surely, this is just a random thing, right? Apparently not since people have been addressing this issue for months and Ubisoft is just doing other things. Mostly that involves MTX - I guess we know where their priorities lie.
    Yes, I know Ubisoft said they're aware of this but shouldn't this be one of the biggest things to fix? This game has been out since November, I would've thought this has been tackled immediately. I have made multiple manual saves and quick saves between Jotenheim and Lincolnshire, but why did half of that get obsolete?
    I guess I should be happy the ENTIRE save file didn't self-destruct but the fact that I have to do it again is beyond frustrating and I shouldn't be okay with that. Honestly, I just might not touch the game right now - not just because I'm furious about my lost progress but because what if it happens again? What if I'm not as lucky next time? What if get sent back to Jotenheim? Never had this problem with Origins and Odysee. Idk man, I want to love this game but after THIS? So infuriating. Sorry for my long rant

• RapiereUplay
    7 posts

This issue is still happening and due to Ubisoft cloud saves which are poorly managed. It really frustrates me as I lost multiple times many hours and this deteriorates any good impression on this game or any recent game from Ubisoft as they are plagued by those cloud saves. Unless Ubisoft quickly fixes and secures those cloud saves, I will stop buying and playing any of their new games.

• RapiereUplay
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis since last patch, I lose auto-save every day during a session ... I'm playing on Xbox Series X with Quick Resume, I usually lose 2-4 hours depending on my latest session. Console isn't shared, but sometimes profile is switched after I play. I lose progress at every session now, latest was when entering Wincester. I tried to manually save the game to secure my progression, but manual saves are broken as well, I try to rely on autosave, but nowadays, I don't have any confidence in your system. I will put Valhalla on hold until next major patch/season.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 541 posts

Hey there Sliktais and B00MSIE! I am so sorry to see that you both have experienced issues with losing progress. Thank you for providing the link to the Megathread where we have been collecting information and forwarding it to the Game team. Just in case, are you both using Quick Resume? If so, this may be what is causing the lost progress. Be sure to follow the steps below as you continue in your game.

- save your game manually
    - press the Xbox button on your controller to open up the Menu
    - select 'Quit' to exit out of your game
    - restart your console
    - launch your game

Official Response
  • HedgyBoi
    2 posts

What platform do you play on?
    Xbox Series X
    If playing on next-gen consoles, were you using the Quick Resume feature on Xbox or the Switcher feature on PS5?
    Yes, Quick Resume
    What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
    5 hours, an entire day's playtime
    Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays Valhalla?
    No
    Has this loss of progress / saves only happened once, or multiple times?
    Once, why would I play the game again if there is an unfixed save bug that means I might lose progress at any time? I am stunned this thread exists and the issue remains unfixed. I cannot fathom it.
    What was the last quest, world event, or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
    I was at Birthrights in the Battle for the Northern Way questline
    Upon last saving your game, did you create a new save or overwrite an old one?
    Overwrite
    Are you mainly relying on autosave or making regular manual saves?
    I was relying on autosaves, they had worked previously today when I died and reloaded. I wanted to restart Birthrights as I alerted the guards the first time. I went to load a save it failed repeatedly then I lost all my progress from the day.

• egotwisted
    1 posts

Recently had mys second bout of deleted/lost saves.

First time I lost around 6 hrs and reported it. Finally plucked up the energy to play again and powered through all my lost progress.

Then it happened a second time; lost another 6 hrs of gameplay.

For the record, I was manually saving every 20-30 mins (especially the second time).

Definitely going back on the shelf until they fix it - currently no confidence it won't happen again. I'm in no way disrespecting the insane amount of work that goes into a game like this (it has been an AWESOME game) but functionality like saving progress is a *basic* expectation for a product I've paid for. I play an hour or so every few days to unwind, so this isn't insignificant...!

Really frustrated - perhaps worth in investigating over and above cosmetic glitches and issues! Told to monitor the forums and be patient... no word of any compensation or frequent progress updates. Sad face.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics