Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/781 Replies/17492 Views
    Bobbybill101
    1 posts

What platform do you play on?
    Xbox Series X
    If playing on next-gen consoles, were you using the Quick Resume feature on Xbox or the Switcher feature on PS5?
    Yes, Quick Resume
    What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
    20 hours
    Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays Valhalla?
    No
    Has this loss of progress / saves only happened once, or multiple times?
    Twice, first time only a few hours, second time I lost about 20 hours. The whole of the eurvicsire and Jorvik quest line with all mysteries, artefacts and wealth completed.
    What was the last quest, world event, or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
    I just started the glowecesterscire quest line and had just been accused by the ealdorman.
    Upon last saving your game, did you create a new save or overwrite an old one?
    Overwrite a manual save
    Are you mainly relying on autosave or making regular manual saves?
    I have been manually saving the game every 30mins to an hour after the first time I lost progress.
    This feels like a total waste of time, I feel extremely violated. How hard is it to have the saves working, why can the saves not be local when the cloud is so useless. I expect Ubisoft to respond ASAP

• guest-nmrMEG2y
    1 posts

What platform do you play on?
    Xbox Series S.

If playing on next-gen consoles, were you using the Quick Resume feature on Xbox or the Switcher feature on PS5?
    Yes.

What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
    12-20 hours.

Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays Valhalla?
    No.

Has this loss of progress / saves only happened once, or multiple times?
    Once. This is the first time.

What was the last quest, world event, or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
    I was about to look for the sweetheart of Essexe's eldorman, after finishing Rollo's quest line.

Upon last saving your game, did you create a new save or overwrite an old one?
    I rewrote an existing save, but also made a quick save.

Are you mainly relying on autosave or making regular manual saves?
    I have regularly both using quick save and manual save. I quick save every 15 minutes or so, and try to make regular saves about once per hour.

• maddog94_Aj
    1 posts

Is there a fix or is the issue revolving save data losses being handled and affected players being compensated? When could we expect fix or compensation?

• hobbinguy
    11 posts

@maddog94_aj It's been months. I don't think there's a fix coming. Or compensation.

• Senseinl
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi, could you give us on update? It would be nice if you could give us regular updates, even if you don't have a fix yet.

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

@senseinl

Bought this game on November the 10th 2020 and this was also the first day I encountered this bug. Lost my first 4 hours of progression on day one! Then Microsoft disabled “quick Resume” for Valhalla and during this time I never lost progression. But I feel Ubisoft did not even try to fix this in all this time. They sort of mention it on the known bugs page, but not completely.

The fact is, the bug is getting worse. It is related to Quick Resume and now after Quick Resuming even more things go wrong. Now every time my Beserker Gear gets resetted, game begins to stutter and Reda does not function at all anymore (And these are only a couple of the many problems that I encountered)...

I begin to believe, there is no update to give and there will never be an update...

• MacPhisto78
    1 posts
    • What platform do you play on?

Xbox Series X

• If playing on next-gen consoles, were you using the Quick Resume feature on Xbox or the Switcher feature on PS5?

Quick Resume don't seem to be working for this game.

• What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)

5 Hours.

• Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays Valhalla?

Yes, but he has not played since I started playing

• Has this loss of progress / saves only happened once, or multiple times?

Once but after reading all the reports of this issue I have no envie to try again before a confirmation this is fixed

• What was the last quest, world event, or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?

i can't remember, I have not played since February when I had this issue and can't believe this is not fixed yet..

• Upon last saving your game, did you create a new save or overwrite an old one?

i loaded the last saved available but got frustrated by the progress lost and quitted.

• Are you mainly relying on autosave or making regular manual saves?

Autosave since this is the point of autosave.

If I log in Ubisoft connect on my series x I can see that I played for 9:30 but on my box I only see a save game of 5 hours.

I think I don't have to say that this not being fixed yet is ridiculous and I will not encourage ubisoft by buying another of their game if this is the way they treat their customers.

• ImKingGoose
    1 posts

Re: [My progress has been reset / lost; recent save games not available | POST HERE](/topic/78433/my-progress-has-been-reset-lost-recent-save-games-not-available-post-here)

I lost the last 3-4 days of saved playtime today. I know the game was able to talk to the servers because I was able to purchase items from Reda during the lost gametime. Today (04/23) I quit the game, and upon reopening it, the last save is from 04/20 with somewhere between 5-7 hours of play less. I lost some quest completions (from river raids, so all of Saint George's gear), a bunch of material farming and silver farming, and some upgrades on armor sets.

I tried logging out of my ubisoft account, logging into an alternative account, and back to my account, with no luck. I also did a hard reboot on my Xbox Series X. Closed and re-opened the game at least 5 times. No luck.

• zep2j
    1 posts

Just encountered this issue for the 2nd time. Lost 20hrs of game play the first time and 12hrs the second time.

I've lost all motivation to play now. How can this still be unresolved after 5 months?

I bought an XBOX Series X just to play this game. What a disappointment.

• Peace_Maker9313
    1 posts

Why are my saved games disappearing? No crashes or anything weird. I play the game on my Xbox series x and it’s fine. I go back to playing it a couple of days later and it never saved even if I saw that it did? Why is a triple AAA game having such difficulties in saving a game. If this doesn’t get fixed soon, I will never buy another Ubisoft game ever.

• COUCHBURNER911
    1 posts

Finished the East Anglia quest line the day on Friday AND started the Valhalla quests on Saturday, now it’s Monday and I’m back before we stormed Rued’s castle, with no evidence there are any other save files on my series S.

• jOysterman
    1 posts

What platform do you play on? Xbox series X.
    If playing on next-gen consoles, were you using the Quick Resume feature on Xbox or the Switcher feature on PS5? Quick resume.
    What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful) 7-8 hours.
    Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays Valhalla? No.
    Has this loss of progress / saves only happened once, or multiple times? Once, yesterday.
    What was the last quest, world event, or activity that you completed before your progress was lost? Can't remember, that's what saves are for, duh...
    Upon last saving your game, did you create a new save or overwrite an old one? Autosaves, yesterday did my first manual save 28h ingame, but Ubisoft connect says 35h...
    Are you mainly relying on autosave or making regular manual saves? Autosaves.

• MrWhiskers573
    5 posts

this game is a constant disapointment. It couldn’t have been made worse. It is simply unplayable. I’ve been two months stuck without being able to progres becouse of a bug that didn’t allow me to interact with settlement NPCs and now that it is finally fixed I find myself that quick save and autosave hasn’t worked during the last hour I’ve been playing and I’ve lost the progress. This it is simply riddiculous. I’ve played many other AC and I’ve never seen anything like this. I can’t play more than two hous without finding a bug. Why don’t you test correctly the game before selling it? I feel stupid for actually having paid money for this [censored]. You have shown very little respect for the customers. I definitely asure you that this is the last Ubisoft game I’m ever buying.

• Dagobah12345
    1 posts

This is so infuriating I honestly don’t think I can play this game anymore. I mean what’s the point if I have to keep achieving the same objectives over and over again?

In the *months* this bug has existed, and with all of the data in this forum, how has Ubisoft not been able to reproduce this issue and prioritize a fix?

• wilpilfersome
    1 posts

It'd be fantastic if Ubisoft could at least acknowledge that they're trying to get this in an upcoming version, or if they even have any idea what's going on.

I've tried every work around known to man, and after losing near to 20 hours of my saved progress... I just don't think I can try again to see if I'm lucky enough to not be hit by this bug. It seems pretty clear that it has to do with the Xbox series x quick resume feature, are you guys working with Microsoft to try to figure that out? This is a big black eye for both of you.

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

@wilpilfersome

Agree completely. I feel totally ignored by Ubisoft. It is still not acknowledged, why not? Have lost so many hours by now, it’s unbelievable I still keep playing. Tested the demo of Watch Dogs Legion and it had the same. So surely won’t buy that game. Play a lot of other games on my XSX and none have save problems.

Please Ubisoft, at least investigate this and acknowledge this problem. There are no bigger bugs in games then unreliable savegames. This should have your highest priority? Why is it ignored, why?

• lineman18222
    1 posts

My entire playthrough is gone from trophies. I was almost at Platinum and now I can't even get it without restarting the entire game. Whats up with that

• TDZ99
    1 posts

Quick save and auto-save are not working when in Jotunheim. Lost a lot of time because of this... got glitched while trying to climb a root, died, and then it restarted from the beginning of Jotunheim (I did some quicksaves after entering Jotunheim and they were not there, even when trying to load manually).

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3895 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with reports of your experiences with reset/lost save data. The development team is still investigating this issue further. I have passed on all completed reports to the development team so they can take a closer look at this. If you have shared your report within this thread but did not include all of the requested information, please can you provide us with the updated information? We can then forward these to the development team for further investigation.

If you are encountering lost/reset progress, please can you provide us with all of the following information in this format:

• What platform do you play on?
    • Did you experience a crash beforehand?
    • Have you lost progress before?
    • What was the last action/quest performed in-game?
    • Are you using auto saves or manual saves? 
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost? 
    • Are you using the Quick Resume / Switcher feature if on console? 
    • When did this start to occur? 

We would advise that you use the manual save feature as often as possible, and use multiple save slots, as this will help to minimise the risk of losing progress. Additionally, please ensure that you save your game before suspending or switching away from the game. You can read this advise in our Known Issues list.

@Guitarbill13 - If you have deleted your previous save data, then we have no way to recover this for you. I apologise for any disappointment caused.

@maddog94_Aj - Any compensation offered would be at the decision of the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team. Player support is unable to influence this decision. If you are to receive compensation, this information will be shared on our official platforms or via in-game notifications.

@Senseinl - I apologise for the delayed response. The player support team aims to respond to threads as soon as they are able to, but this can take longer than anticipated when contact volumes are higher. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • mentraton
    25 posts

@ubi-borealis There is a new bug since patch 1.2.1 on PS and Xbox.
    After a short time the auto and quicksave functionality breaks. After that point neither a manual quicksave nor the auto save does do anything.

The saving icon does not show up if you make a quicksave.
    Manual hard saving still works.

Unfortunaltey I was not able to find the trigger which breaks saving. But I encountered the bug each session since the patch.
    When the siving is broken you have to close the game completely and restart it. Then the saving will work for a short time (30-60 minutes) until it breaks again.

Suggested Topics