Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TDZ99
    1 posts

Quick save and auto-save are not working when in Jotunheim. Lost a lot of time because of this... got glitched while trying to climb a root, died, and then it restarted from the beginning of Jotunheim (I did some quicksaves after entering Jotunheim and they were not there, even when trying to load manually).

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with reports of your experiences with reset/lost save data. The development team is still investigating this issue further. I have passed on all completed reports to the development team so they can take a closer look at this. If you have shared your report within this thread but did not include all of the requested information, please can you provide us with the updated information? We can then forward these to the development team for further investigation.

If you are encountering lost/reset progress, please can you provide us with all of the following information in this format:

• What platform do you play on?
    • Did you experience a crash beforehand?
    • Have you lost progress before?
    • What was the last action/quest performed in-game?
    • Are you using auto saves or manual saves? 
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost? 
    • Are you using the Quick Resume / Switcher feature if on console? 
    • When did this start to occur? 

We would advise that you use the manual save feature as often as possible, and use multiple save slots, as this will help to minimise the risk of losing progress. Additionally, please ensure that you save your game before suspending or switching away from the game. You can read this advise in our Known Issues list.

@Guitarbill13 - If you have deleted your previous save data, then we have no way to recover this for you. I apologise for any disappointment caused.

@maddog94_Aj - Any compensation offered would be at the decision of the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team. Player support is unable to influence this decision. If you are to receive compensation, this information will be shared on our official platforms or via in-game notifications.

@Senseinl - I apologise for the delayed response. The player support team aims to respond to threads as soon as they are able to, but this can take longer than anticipated when contact volumes are higher. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • mentraton
    17 posts

@ubi-borealis There is a new bug since patch 1.2.1 on PS and Xbox.
    After a short time the auto and quicksave functionality breaks. After that point neither a manual quicksave nor the auto save does do anything.

The saving icon does not show up if you make a quicksave.
    Manual hard saving still works.

Unfortunaltey I was not able to find the trigger which breaks saving. But I encountered the bug each session since the patch.
    When the siving is broken you have to close the game completely and restart it. Then the saving will work for a short time (30-60 minutes) until it breaks again.

• WarrenPJouet
    2 posts

Today I have been hit by this problem and cannot believe that Ubisoft haven't sorted this out yet - for a few days I've been getting the 'Failed to save game progress' message but the game has been playable and if I selected 'Continue' when loading the game seemed to keep my progress. But I did notice that none of my save game files appeared recent - they were all from last year.

Today however, I now get 'Failed to load cloud save' and none of my save games are available - so its not even that I have lost a few hours or days of progress, I have literally nothing - I have been playing this since December last year. I am not prepared to start a new game after the five months progression that I have made.

If Ubisoft don't fix this I won't bother playing any more, and won't buy any more of their games, which is a shame as I love the Assassins Creed series and have played (and finished) every game so far.

• WarrenPJouet
    2 posts

@warrenpjouet Not sure if this will help anyone else - but my problem got progressively worse, where I wasn't even given the option to load a game, or start a new one. I could only continue, but selecting this option then failed as it couldn't load the cloud save.

In desperation I power cycled the Xbox (hold down the power button until it shut down) and then restarted - this has (so far) sorted the problem. I can now access all of my old save files, and save games again.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@mentraton - A new megathread has been created regarding this issue. We've asked for some additional information from affected players. Would you be able to share your report within this thread?

@WarrenPJouet - I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to load your cloud saves. Thank you for explaining how the issue progressed for you, and that power cycling the Xbox helped to restore access to your saves. I would recommend making a back-up of your saves to the Xbox Live Cloud as well, if possible. If this issue occurs again, please don't hesitate to reach out as soon as you notice restricted access to your saves so we can investigate this further.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • fionntastic
    7 posts

downloaded the wrath of druids dlc. Nothing showed up thought turning the game of and on might help. In the PS4 main screen the game is missing deleted gone didn’t ask if I wanted to delete it just gone. Reinstalled and all my files are corrupted.

• HedgyBoi
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis Why does this issue not appear on the Known Issues list? https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76980/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-known-issues-updated-may-14?lang=en-US

It is not the same as the new save issue since Title Update 1.2.1 and clearly from this thread and many others like it on other forums it is affecting many players. Is anyone actually working on it or is it sitting lowdown on a backlog with no intention of being resolved?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@fionntastic - I'm sorry that your save files have become corrupted. Please note that we are unable to recover corrupted save files. I understand that this may not be the answer you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment caused. We have an ongoing megathread for players who have encountered a "Data Corrupt" error. I recommend taking a look at this thread for further information and updates.

@HedgyBoi - Please note that the player support team does not update the Known Issues list, and that this list is non-exhaustive. If you can't see the issue you're encountering (such as lost progress) on this list, this does not mean that the development team aren't investigating this further.

If you are referring to the issue wherein players are unable to auto / quick save, then this would count as a different issue. This topic is about players losing progress for any reason, whereas that thread is about players being unable to use the auto / quick save feature at all in-game. Not all progress loss has been caused by this issue, so that is why these threads are considered to be separate investigations. I hope I've explained the different between the two threads, and if you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask!

We wouldn't be able to speculate on how the development team have prioritised their investigations. If you'd like to learn more about the internal development processes and how investigations are carried out, I'd recommend checking out this Dev Blog. I can assure you that the development team are still looking into what is potentially causing players to lose their progress. Once we have any new updates to share, these will be posted within the forums.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • lucek000
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis
    May 29th and it's still happening XD I can't belive that! I hate you ubisoft, you stole my (and everyone else with this problem) money. I bought this game on a premiere, wrote about my save-lost problems in march (!!!) and I still can't play normally. And of course I can't get refund. "Support" imitate helping with "IM SORRY THAT YOU LOST YOUR SAVE :(((((( Please provide us with all of the following information..." blablabla since november 2020.

• B00MSIE
    329 posts

@lucek000

Have this problem since release on November 10th. The whole experience with this game has made me dislike the whole Ubisoft franchise by now. I do understand the forum support staff and really like their honest responses, but do not feel their company puts enough effort in solving the problems. The fact this game does not support the best new feature of the Xbox series X “Quick Resume” and actually let’s you loose your progress when it is used is the most ridiculous thing I can imagine. The fact it is still not fixed after 6 months is unacceptable. According to the laws in my country I have the right for a complete refund and all costs I have to make the claim this right, because their product lacks in its most important feature, namely “saving data”. But I am sure Ubisoft is going to put more effort in preventing me from dong so, then actually fix this problem. The only thing we can do is keep complaining, because nobody here is going to start an endless lawsuit over 120 euro. Good work Ubisoft!

• ltarqsuperbus
    8 posts

I can't believe this still isn't fixed? I'll be playing the next game before I'm able to play this one.

• Thestache25
    1 posts

Playing on Xbox Series X, and just lost all saves up through WoD

Hope this can be fixed, but if not I won't replay, I'll just uninstall the game as it wasn't my favorite of the last 3, Odyssey, Origins and Valhalla

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Thestache25! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost all of your save data. Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us. This issue has been forwarded up to the development team and they are working on improvements to the save system.

I would be unable to guarantee that your saves can be recovered. To help the team look into this issue further, please can you provide us with all of the following information in this format:

• Did you experience a crash beforehand?
    • Have you lost progress before?
    • What was the last action/quest performed in-game?
    • Are you using auto saves or manual saves? 
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost? 
    • Are you using the Quick Resume / Switcher feature if on console? 
    • When did this issue happen?

We can then forward this report to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • horatiovelvet
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • horatiovelvet
    5 posts

If there’s any way I can get a refund for this game please tell me.

• B00MSIE
    329 posts

@horatiovelvet

All opals transactions are connected to your Ubisoft connect account. You can only get them once per account and when you buy something, you can use it in all saved games connected to the account. When you start a new game, the opals you collected ingame are gone, but you immediately get all gear you bought in your previous playthrough.

Although I agree this game is buggy as ... , this is by design...

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @horatiovelvet!

If you purchased the the game from the Ubisoft Store, you can open up a support ticket to make a refund request. Refund requests are handled on a case-by-case basis. Please take the time to read the digital and physical refund policies prior to opening a support ticket, as we are unable to guarantee your request will be granted if you do not meet the eligible criteria.

If you purchased the game from another retailer, you will need to reach out to them for more assistance with your query.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • BruceDyas
    2 posts

@vgxenon this has just happened to me over 45 hrs off game play gone FM

• BruceDyas
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis I have lost also over 40hrs of game play.

• no crashes prior,
    • 1st time this has happened,
    • happened during Sigrblot Season event where I was trying out the short sword in the arena it would not save kept coming up with an error weather auto or manual save. Then game just reset to the beginning,
    • This happened just now,

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics