Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/785 Replies/18949 Views
    Maximus_Dog
    1 posts

Xbox X,,,got an error “unable to save” Restart and all saved games are goNe…Do i have to replay the entire game To get my eivor back? Not likely ..down with ubisoft

• Shinrugal
    2 posts

Just booted up the game and found out all my save data was gone

I play on XSX
    The last quests I remember doing were in Ireland (had killed all but 2 Children of Danu & something for Flann)
    So I’ve lost my Excalibur and Mjolnir

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 820 posts

@C6_lesbearballs @sechernbiw45 @Maximus_Dog @Shinrugal

I'm sorry to hear you have been affected by this too. Could you please answer the following questions (if you haven't already) so we can add them to the investigation for the Dev team;

• Did you experience a crash beforehand? Any error messages appear?
    • What was the last action/quest performed in-game? 
    • Are you using auto saves or manual saves? 
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost? 
    • Are you using the Quick Resume / Switcher feature if on console? 

Official Response
  • Shinrugal
    2 posts

@ubi-froggard
    somehow mine has fixed itself after a system restart ( had to do it multiple times) I don’t know if it’s something to do with the system or UbiConnect. A solution could be to have us be able to acces our cloud saves through UbiConnect or some other service

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 820 posts

@shinrugal Glad to hear that. If there was a connection issue to the server and if your only save is on the cloud, that can be the cause. Thanks for letting us know yours is back though 🙂

Official Response
  • Kumimatsu
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • B00MSIE
    374 posts

@ubi-froggard

Today I again lost 4 hours of playtime. Did manual save and spinning thing keeps spinning. I did not quick resume, did not pause, I just played a river raid. At least make saving possible in river raids, because this game is far from stable and it is useless to do them if you your progress gets lost 99% of the time. I also play Cyberpunk and that game feels far less buggy then Valhalla. I do not get why that game get bashed on so much while Ubisoft can get away with this garbage.

I am still playing on Xbox series X, for more info see one of my many many previous other posts ab out this topic...

• Gezz97
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • azullFR
    1320 posts

@b00msie
    @Ubi-Froggard

I agree with b00msie :
    I lost more than an hour of job done in River Raids and all I had collected (Foreign materials, Leather, Ores, Runes and XP) just because of the "Eivor Flying Bug" .... not happy at all....
    (it's a funny game where you have to make a Manual Save every each time you want to do a River Raid because realoading from the screen will load an auto-save that will create more bugs on bugs.... I didn't know that I spent 120 € in Fallout 4 Valhalla ! ... 120 € !!!! ... including a DLC that I don't play because of its numerous knowns bugs (WoD) and the other DLC that I don't download becaude of its bugs (SoP) !!!)

• AlePlay
    521 posts

it's not that I don't trust the ubisoft cloud ...
    however, as soon as I bought the game, I ALWAYS made a personal backup of the game saves ..
    I don't think I'm the only one on the planet ... 

• azullFR
    1320 posts

@caosck
    I confirm, and on a PS4 it's not a pleasure party to make these saves (as recommended by Ubisoft....= 1 Manual Save at the beginning of a Region, 1 Manual Save at the beginning of a main quest, 1 Manual Save at the beginning of each side quest, 1 Manual Save before each River Raid, add the saves before each Update, before each Hotfix, etc...)

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4118 posts

Hello there!

@B00MSIE - I'm sorry to hear that you've lost some of your progress in-game. Would you happen to have a video which shows you creating the manual save and the saving icon continuously spinning? We've had some reports of players encountering an infinite save loop, and I'm curious to see if the issue you're encountering is similar.

Can you also let me know when you encountered this save loop? You mention you just played a River Raid, but can you let me know if it happened after you returned to the settlement?

Has this ever happened following other activities as well? For instance, we have had reports of this behaviour occuring after accepting a quest from Reda. Has this only happened when returning from a River Raid in your experience?

We have passed on feedback to the development team about introducing the ability to save during River Raids. Thank you for sharing your feedback about this feature as well, @azullFR. If this feature is to be added to the game, we will let you all know within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • B00MSIE
    374 posts

@ubi-borealis

This was the last time (I began recording to late, was just returned from the raid to the village and tried to manually save. Before the river raid I did a Reda mission and did not save after that)

It always happens after I have done a Reda mission (Lately almost every day):

Previously posted (same problem):

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4118 posts

Thanks for sharing those videos with me, @B00MSIE, and for letting me know this issue tends to occur after completing one of Reda's quests. I've shared your report with the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

If we require any additional information regarding your report, we'll reach out to you within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Scnd2nun
    1 posts

@sechernbiw45 I have just lost 47 hours of gameplay today. Tried playing and ALL of my saves were gone. I've had this game for 3 weeks and spent $100 for it and the expansions. Not being able to save is an unacceptable and unplayable bug for such a huge game. Is there anyway to recover these lost saves or did I just waste $100 and 47 hours of my life? So disappointed and upset right now

• NoFoxGiven621
    1 posts

Just had this issue happen to me twice within a month. Has there been a fix yet?

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

@Scnd2nun - Hey there - welcome to Discussions! I am sorry to hear that you seem to have lost your save games in-game, and that such a substantial amount of progress has been lost. Can you please clarify for me the platform you are playing on, and if you have checked if any cloud saves are available on your respective platform? For instance, if you are on PlayStation and have a PlayStation Plus subscription, you may be able to find your saves backed up in the cloud there automatically. I'll do my best to offer further advice once I know the platform you're playing on.

@NoFoxGiven621 - Welcome to Discussions as well! I am sorry to hear that you have had this issue twice within the last month. Can you please advise me of the platform you are playing on, and also approximately how many minutes/hours of progress you have lost on each occasion? Were you able to find any newer saves stored either locally or in the cloud?

To everyone - the development team are interested in acquiring screenshots or videos showing the following on your respective systems:

• The in-game load menu, showing which saves you have accessible to you (if any)
    • You making a manual save, and having it show up as loadable in the menu
    • What you see in the storage menu of your respective system/console, and if any saves are present (on PC, this would be in your save games directory)

They would like to see these items in order to analyse the issue further, and how it works more closely. Please provide a qualifying screenshot or video if you are able, for us to forward to the team.

Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • NAVIHEYLISTEN13
    1 posts

I've lost hours of game play every day this week. This has been happening to everyone since at least January judging by the length of this thread. How is this not fixed yet?

• guest-26L0Jqqp
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer
    same issue here. X box Series s console
    been playing AC Valhalla since Christmas. We had an auto save just outside the door of Count Odo, when you battle him and take him prisoner. Suddenly the game would not save. Thought it was maybe considering this mid mission or something. My son battled Odo, and won. The game tried to autosave and displayed an error message stating “game save incomplete. Something something Ubisoft online restart game” .we hoped it was a one time thing. Did the truce with Siegfried, Charles, Odo and Eivor… tried a manual save and it again showed the same message, saying to restart the game.
    we restarted the game. Now all memory is gone, like it’s a brand new game: it began with the graphics tweaks and display settings like on the first day. All progress is gone- all of Scandinavia, England, Canada, Ireland and France. Purchased gear and skins for boat , horses, raven , and Eivor all gone. Valkyrie armour and weapons set, gone … etc
    i have loved your games for years but this has to be fixed. Customers can’t buy a game that does this.

• littlelady3799
    2 posts

I play on an XSX, and just lost 104 hours of gameplay. Just got done with the Skal quest in Siege of Paris and was at 369 skill points. Received the same error message, went back to the main screen and all my data is gone. I am trying to re-download the game and see if that works. My account still has all of my progress loaded both on my Microsoft account and Ubisoft account, but my game won’t show it. I’ve spent lots of money and time on this game and it definitely feels like a waste if I can’t retrieve it. Very frustrated.

Suggested Topics