Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MOJayhawk
    4 posts

This has been happening to my game since it was released. I Save my game using a manual save, then shut down the Xbox. The next day, I always find that my game save is gone and I've lost anywhere from a few minutes to hours of gameplay. My internet is fine, high speed and reliable. I've tried turning off the Xbox by pushing the button, hard reset, and power cycling. Nothing works. It has to be a game engine problem. Anyway to fix this? I'm playing less and less of this game because I'm tired of playing the same things over and over. Getting to think I wasted my money.

• codydigits
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • codydigits
    2 posts

This began happening a few days ago. Not sure if my saves aren't being recorded properly or the game is just straight up deleting my saves on my Series X. But there have been a few occasions where I have lost a few hours of progress because my save files have disappeared. I am also experiencing issues where if I want to load a save from within the game, that particular save file will straight up just be deleted, and I am being 100% sure I'm loading a save file instead of deleting it. That isn't the issue.

• DoABarrelRoll20
    1 posts

Revived an old account here just to post that this just happened to me yesterday. Killed a few order members and did just about everything in Suthexe and then decided to finish the story arc "Meet up with Stowe, Basim and Soma" for different missions before the siege. Well that's when things started getting weird, my raven now couldn't be called at all and my and my manual saves disappeared whenever I tried saving over them. The autosaves were still there though so I figured I could power through with those until what I thought was a bug, would be fixed, but I'm seeing that this has apparently been a thing since November. So about after 8 hours of gameplay over a few days, I figured that maybe fully exiting out of the game would solve the problem because I'd been using the convenient quickload to get into the game quicker. Well I did that and I was disappointed to see that the few days of gameplay that I had done was completely erased and it went back to a save I made on the 21st right after getting Thor's Helmet. Is this ever going to get resolved?

• madshallmd
    1 posts

This is just so disappointing. Lost 15 hours yesterday which in my case is two weeks of playing. Can't even think about repeating it. I bought the ultimate version hoping to play it for 6 months at least and now this shiny steel book is in my trash bin. I played every single AC since the very beginning of it. I can stand bugs when abilities just stop working or I can't pick up something or a quest can't be completed. That can be bypassed and gets fixed eventually. But stealing time from me is too much. This is when I say goodbye to AC series.

• mattcaves
    2 posts

Yep, happening to me too, even if I do a local manual save. It seems to be after quick resume on the Xbox Series X, I get online service error and if I try to save manually, quit and then reload it hasn’t made that save, goes back to an old one, I presume before it lost connection to the servers?
    This is a really bad bug, one thing that should be always work is a local save! Ubisoft really need to get their act together and sort this out!
    Matt

• StatefrJakeFarm
    1 posts

@Ubi-Raziel I am having the same issue as the OP. I am playing on the Xbox Series X with the most up to date version and I am the only player playing the game in my household. My most recent auto save AND manual save disappeared on Sunday night. I reached out to Ubisoft support and they were no help at all.

• xxxMaelstromxxx
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • xxxMaelstromxxx
    5 posts

When does ubisoft think the issue of saved games disappearing will be resolved in Valhalla?

I've been keeping two or three save files since the start and all those files have disappeared and my progress was reverted back to a previous cloud save THREE times. This has resulted in me losing about 25 hours of game play.

This is a game breaking bug and should be the top priority. I cannot fathom anything more pressing. I'm glad you fixed the quiver issue, that was annoying. I'm sure work is being done on the lips not moving and many other oddities, but I don't care about any of them against this issue.

Please fix this! Or at least tell us when it will be fixed. Best guess, I won't hold you to it, but give me some level of reasonable expectation as to when this will be resolved.

Thank you.

• A_Tak
    2 posts

Hi,

I have been playing AC Valhalla since release and tonight my game froze and forced me xbox to restart. The AC Valhalla wouldn't load without an update and after the update I lost all my saved game data after the 4th of January. 

That's nearly an entire month, and countless hours, of game play. I can't find my manually saved or cloud saved games. Is there anyway to recover my data? 

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@a_tak Hey there. We're sorry to hear about this. Our options for restoring save games are limited. With that in mind, I'd like to know more about this situation. Have your saves entirely disappeared? Or are they still viewable, just inaccessible?

Official Response
  • A_Tak
    2 posts

@ubiwan Hi,

They have totally disappeared. I have restarted the device to see if it refreshed and it was a glitch but it didn't do anything.

Is their anyway to recover this data?

• Aubzilla90
    2 posts

My latest manual and Auto saves where gone when I went to play today. I had saves for around 8 or 9PM PST last night, and now it's only my 5PM saves from last night. Uggh now I have to do a siege and other parts of a quest again. It's so disappointing.

One thing of note is I switch back and forth from my xbox one to my xbox series x. One X series in a two gamer household lol. I'd be curious if anyone else switching between versions of the game has this issue.

• Aubzilla90
    2 posts

My latest manual and Auto saves where gone when I went to play today. I had saves for around 8 or 9PM PST last night, and now it's only my 5PM saves from last night. Uggh now I have to do a siege and other parts of a quest again. It's so disappointing. This is the second occurance. First time was a smaller gap between lost saves and the ones remaining.

One thing of note is I switch back and forth from my xbox one to my xbox series x. One X series in a two gamer household lol. I'd be curious if anyone else switching between versions of the game has this issue.

Oh and I am the only one playing this game in the household.

• B00MSIE
    315 posts

@Aubzilla90

Nobody but me touches my XSX. My GF is not allowed within 10 meters of my precious! 😊

Still if I do not hard close the game and make sure the Ubi servers are available my savegames get lost.

• will90000
    1 posts

I'am playing this on Xbox Series x and have the missing saves issue. Since purchase at the beginning of January Ive had a few occasions of it not saving correctly losing a few hours each time. Annoying but nothing compared to this morning 4 days losing around 10 hours. Its a deal breaker when you cant rely on the game to save correctly. From reading various forum posts this has been going on for months, cant believe a game can have this issue for so long and not get fixed.

• yarinrulz
    2 posts

Hello.
    I played the game and had an issue with Raida, the kid in the settlement with the contracts (received an error while asking for a contract). I was told to quit to the title menu and enter again. Therfore, I manually saved my game to avoid losing data. When I entered the game again, the last save I've seen is from 27 January, when I actually last save in January 30.
    I actually played for 43 hours, and the last save I see is with 38 hours.
    I lost MANY data this time. I'm so upset I can't even find the mood to play this game again.
    In my UBISOFT account I really see I played the game for 43 hours...

What can I do? This is too much to play again.
    Thanks 

Series X

• yarinrulz
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Belsepuff
    1 posts

I just lost a days worth of game time. All the save data from yeasterday are gone. The last thing i did yeasterday was to quick save. Then today I started playing after Quick resume (xbox series x). After a short while the game started freezing up badly every 10 seconds but i managed to finish my current quest. Then the game just crashed and when I restarted the game all of my save data from the precious 24+ hours where gone. This really sucks.

• B00MSIE
    315 posts

@belsepuff

On the Xbox Series X after a crash always hard close the game directly after the first restart, before it gets a change to save. Because it will return to the last Quick Resume state instead of restarting and all progress from after that point will be gone. Sometimes this also happens without a crash. Always check the savegames before starting playing and if you miss your latest savegames immediately hard close the game through the Xbox menu.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics