Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Aya_sk216
    2 posts

lost 4 hours but seeing all these comments here I’m glad it wasn’t more. Auto save symbol was going the whole time and manually saved as well. Game crashed and when I went back in none of my recent saves were there.

• chjadu2010
    1 posts

Saved and quit and next time I came to play had to start new game. On series X

• IndraX17
    1 posts

@shortbreadhead i havent played since the 16th of jan. but i knew that i was about to start the lunden story. i had already defeated one of the daughters of lerion in east anglia. now im all the way back to midway through grantebridgescire, chapter 1. all of my gear upgrades are gone. my only upgrades now are the ones to my quiver and rations. ive lost everything else. about 3 days worth of grinding, gone.

• botimarcidetu
    1 posts

I just lost approximately 6 hours of gameplay (minimum). The last 3 days saved games are completely missing. Is there any way to get it back? Series X

• B00MSIE
    329 posts

@botimarcidetu

See my post above

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 799 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued reports of losing progress / saves in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. As a heads-up, I have merged our two megathreads relating to missing / deleted saves and missing progress / saves as their discussions had started to become one and the same. Previously we had been trying to keep the issues of missing / deleted saves and missing progress / saves separate, however it is becoming more apparent that these issues are interchangeable, so bringing all of the information together now is probably best. 🙂

With regard to the issue at hand, we are continuing to pass forward information to the development team, who continue to investigate these issues. Recent reports have not provided all of the information the team needs, so I'd like to repost the following questions and ask that any new reports be provided in this format:

• What platform do you play on?
    • If playing on next-gen consoles, were you using the Quick Resume feature on Xbox or the Switcher feature on PS5?
    • What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
    • Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays Valhalla?
    • Has this loss of progress / saves only happened once, or multiple times?
    • What was the last quest, world event, or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
    • Upon last saving your game, did you create a new save or overwrite an old one?
    • Are you mainly relying on autosave or making regular manual saves?

I'll be passing forward the link to this thread again to the developers for them to review, and will see if I can receive an update on their progress in investigating these issues with progression and saves. If I hear anything back, I will let you all know.

In the meantime, please make sure to use the manual save feature as often as possible, and consider using multiple save slots. Per the advice in the Known Issues list, please be sure to save before suspending or switch away from the game to minimise the risk of losing progression when resuming play, if using the Quick Resume / Switcher options on Xbox Series X|S and PS5 respectively.

Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • hobbinguy
    11 posts

@b00msie I'm not sure I follow. If I boot up the game and my saved games are missing, and then I reboot the game, the saved games will return?

• hobbinguy
    11 posts

I appreciate you trying to address this issue, but it's frustrating that it's been this way for weeks without resolution. I've provided additional information in the hopes it will be helpful.

What platform do you play on?

Xbox Series X

If playing on next-gen consoles, were you using the Quick Resume feature on Xbox or the Switcher feature on PS5?

I WAS using Quick Resume.

What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
    Roughly 2-3 hours of gametime lost

Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays Valhalla?
    No.

Has this loss of progress / saves only happened once, or multiple times?
    Multiple times. The first time I thought it was a glitch and it was at the end of the Cent campaign. The second time it happened after far longer in the game.

What was the last quest, world event, or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
    I had recently arrived in Vinland and was scrounging for supplies.

Upon last saving your game, did you create a new save or overwrite an old one?
    I always overwrite.

Are you mainly relying on autosave or making regular manual saves?
    Making regular manual saves

• B00MSIE
    329 posts

@hobbinguy

Some (not all) of the lost progress is due to the fact that the xbox series x loads up an old quick resume save. By quickly hard closing (through the xbox ui) the game, the xbox will delete the quick resume and really start the game from start.

Because Valhalla does not seem to be Quick Resume aware, a lot of things go wrong in combination with this feature.
    Saving
    Reda missions
    Opals disappearing from map and inventory
    Ubiconnect achievements
    etc...

• FloppinAG
    1 posts

This is absolute nonsense. I've twice now lost three days of saves in the last two weeks. I've literally played every day for the past four days and when I get on today my most recent save is from February 1st!!

What platform do you play on?

Xbox Series S

If playing on next-gen consoles, were you using the Quick Resume feature on Xbox or the Switcher feature on PS5?

I have been using Quick Resume.

What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful)
    Roughly 20 hours

Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays Valhalla?
    No.

Has this loss of progress / saves only happened once, or multiple times?
    Twice, both time's I've lost about three days of saves.

What was the last quest, world event, or activity that you completed before your progress was lost?
    I had just completed the entire Jotunheim arc and then the final Fenrin Battle. Now it loads me in before even entering Jotunheim for the first time.

Upon last saving your game, did you create a new save or overwrite an old one?
    I always overwrite.

Are you mainly relying on autosave or making regular manual saves?
    Making regular manual saves

• O_Griobhtha
    7 posts

This has happened to me numerous times now.

First playing game filled out 403 on the skill tree, then game loaded. Max 400 and 3 unspent points. Can not get rid of those points and I hate seeing the notification for it.

But it reset my progress back in one area where I had completed all the wealth, mysteries and artefacts. Had to do them all over again.

Next time it reset the game from 2 days ago, and lost the ability to dual wield 2 handed items. Skill was available, reset and redid skill. Nope. Had to load a save game from ANOTHER 2 days prior until it worked. More work to get back to same spot.

Just now, been playing in Winchester on Feb 3, 4 and 5th. All things done, all order of ancients killed. Travel to Norway, complete a few remaining mysteries.

Come back on 6th, save game from 3rd and all 10 manual saves, I've been creating new save games show as the 3rd only and I'm back in Winchester, have to kill all ancients again.

It seems like if I overwrite a save game it doesn't work, I have to create new manual saves. Auto save feature DOES NOT work either. When load game shows the only auto save at the point just started.

Being I'm about 140 hours into the game I'm about to give up on it as this is annoying and it's 1 step forward ... 30 back!!!

• O_Griobhtha
    7 posts

Oh I forgot to add, this is on Xbox Series X.
    But ... before I stop playing I do a manual save.
    I do use quick resume, but manually save game before stopping play.

When I came back today on 6th, no manual saves existed from the 4th or 5th, yet I did them and it reverted to games saved on 3rd.

But this wasn't a quick resume issue, as had a power outage overnight so game had to load again. But due to this issue appearing, even though I manually save before stopping I have been saving manually TWICE!

• Winvarin1968
    1 posts

This just happened to me a few minutes ago. I was in Vinland (my first mission after completing the Fulke questline). I was in a fight in one of the camps and got "stuck" in a rock formation. I could not move or get out and none of the NPC enemies were able to hit me. So I force quit the game and rebooted my XBox. Since this had already happened to me before, I had been manually saving each night when I finish playing. Although I was allowing the quick resume to pick up where I left off when I played the next day.

After my reboot today (2/6/21) my most recent manual save was gone. The most recent game I had available to load was from 2:56p 2/4/21). So I lost half of the Fulke questline and then all the wrap up at the settlement, selling, weapon upgrades and skill upgrades. Plus the 2 hours of progress I'd made today in Vinland.

Is there a chance of getting this back or do I just need to play on and redo the nearly 2 days of progress?

• What platform do you play on? - XBox series X

• If playing on next-gen consoles, were you using the Quick Resume feature on Xbox or the Switcher feature on PS5? - Yes. Although I had lost data before. So I was manually saving each night, then just going to the home screen. I would let quick resume load me to where I was when I played the game again

• What is the extent of your progression loss? (An approximate value in hours would be helpful) - Estimate only, approximately 10-12 hours. The newest manual save available was from 2/4/21 at 2:56p (US Central time). I'd played a few hours the night of 2/4, a few hours throughout the day on 2/5, and about 3 hours on 2/6

• Do you share your console / PC with anyone else who plays Valhalla? - No

• Has this loss of progress / saves only happened once, or multiple times? - This is the second time this happened to me. It happened in January around the time of a patch. At that time I lost about 4 hours

• What was the last quest, world event, or activity that you completed before your progress was lost? - I was in Vinland. I had completed multiple World events and cleared a couple of Gorum's camps. I was fighting in one camp when I got "stuck" in a rock while. I was unable to move or fast travel out. I force quit the game and then rebooted my Xbox. That is when I lost the progress

• Upon last saving your game, did you create a new save or overwrite an old one? - I have been trying to run a single save game. Multiple times during my play sessions (usually after a quest or a gear/skill upgrade) I will manually save and overwrite my current save.

• Are you mainly relying on autosave or making regular manual saves? - Both. I manually save after key events like quest completions or gear upgrades. I let autosave take care of small progress between those manual saves.

• Mmarty78
    1 posts

@frailunicorn same thing, lost 10 hours progress and I am not doing all that again. Does anyone have a fix, I'm on xbox one x.

• O_Griobhtha
    7 posts

... Today 7th, start game.

Wants to run through all setup options again.

Now skill tree is back to 403.

Game loads, finish last dengr in North Hordafylke.

Go to manually save game ... ALL 15 manual save games DO NOT exist anymore.

Have to create a NEW save game, click create new save game ... NOTHING!!! Can not create any manual save games.

Starting to feel like will never finish this game.

• scooper99
    1 posts

i have been playing the game for 100 hours plus on the Xbox series x and on three separate occasions I have lost my save data! I have lost over 30 hours of game due to this and every time it happens it has taken me back so I have to do the same missions over again! This is beyond frustrating and beginning to ruin the game for me! The saved data doesn’t show as corrupt or anything I’ve tried doing manual saves again nothing, I’m not sure whether quick resume is the issue. Can anyone help me??

• B00MSIE
    329 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Troopa69
    1 posts

So happened to me. Approx 70 - 80 hours in and Ive lost 10 hours of gameplay (the Linden story arc and all mysteries wealth etc. Plus significant number from previous arc). Manually save gen every 30mins religiously. Usually quick resume when I load the game this time (Xbox series X), continue game comes up.

Having seen the number of issues above, I can't believe this is still an issue.

Bought legions and not sure I want expose myself to this. Really disappointed.

Please help

• gms_smitty
    1 posts

Title says it all, played 5 hours auto & manual save, turn off my Xbox and literally 5 hours of play time gone when I started back up. I would like to add this is the 2nd time it’s happened in two weeks so 10 hours total.

Doesn’t seem to be bothering Ubisoft as I’ve searched and it’s apparent this is a serious problem, players beware, reports of 100 hours worth of game play from people with save files corrupted having to start back from the beginning, makes my 10 hours look like nothing.

Pretty sure this game has been out since November if I’m not mistaken, I got it in early January, at this point Cyberpunk is more playable.

Can a Ubisoft team member start taking this seriously?

Thank you

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics