ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 2 Likes/826 Replies/29757 Views
    Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2311 posts

@nickel_nutz Hey! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your saves. So we can investigate further, please answer the following:

- Have you played the game on any other platforms?
    - How many hours of progress have you lost? 
    - How many save slots are missing?
    - How much storage space is available on the console?
    - Did you experience a crash beforehand? 
    - Have any error messages appear?
    - Have you lost progress before?
    - What was the last action/quest performed in-game?
    - Are you relying on auto save or using manual save feature?
    - Are you using the Quick Resume / Switcher feature if on console?
    - When did this begin (and what version of the game did it occur on)?
    - When was the last time you were able to load your save?

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Nickel_Nutz
    2 posts

No
    ~20
    Not sure, but at least 1
    500 GB space remaining
    No
    During game play it will say cannot save during the auto save. I usually manually save and restart the game. This is not when I have experienced losing the game data.
    Yes, when the error above happened and I continued to play without manually saving progress.
    I was performing raids and finding items on the map
    I manually save before shutting off console.
    No
    It happened a couple of weeks ago for the first incident. AC Valhalla
    5 days ago

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2143 posts

Hey there @Nickel_Nutz, thanks for getting back in touch and answering our questions. I have forwarded the information you have provided over to the development team to assist them with their investigation. Should you have further questions regarding this or anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Official Response
  • dracinus
    2 posts

This has happened to me twice this week, first I think was 22-Feb and second was 24-Feb.
    I believe there was a larger update but I think it happened between the 2 problems.

*No, just Xbox series x
    *First time about 3 hours,
    *Second time over an hour
    *First time just 1
    *Second time all were missing
    *513GB
    *No
    *No
    *Just the 2 times this week
    *First time just started "The Sons of Ragnar" in Repton
    *Second time I started/finished "The Sons of Ragnar" Chapter 1? At Tamworth Fortress
    *Not sure how to use that so I don't think so
    *I believe 2 times were right before and right after downloading v1.5.0
    *I lost progress after the 22rd, I redid all of that but then at Ragnarsson War Camp on 23rd and was able to load it on 24th.

Thanks!
    dracinus

• dracinus
    2 posts

I just did a small action, won an orlog game, saved, quit, and continued where I left off.

I think it a good idea to do a test save like this going forward if any doubt the game might not save.

• stewieisking007
    1 posts

Happened on March 5, at 2:25 a.m. Had a pop up come on the screen saying to go back to the title screen to add downloaded content. I didn’t even mean to hit yes bc I had just got out of a cutscene. Went back to title screen and lost over 10-12 (EDIT: 16 hours) of progress.

*No, just Xbox series x
    *Over 10 hours (EDIT: Game’s last save has me at 6 hours and 47 min played and Ubisoft Connect has me at 20 hours and 43 minutes)
    *All of my auto saves
    *740.0GB
    *No
    *No
    *No
    *Had started Raventhorpe grown to a hamlet and had just finished the cutscene with Sigurd when you first me the ragnarssons in Lecestershire.
    *Mostly, yes
    *Yes
    *Around 2 a.m. on 3/5/22 and v2.5.1.357
    *Tried deleting and re-syncing data everything in the book except uninstalling and reinstalling everything.

• sh0vplay
    2 posts

I loaded the game up last night on XSX to check out the Ragnarok pre-order items.

Noticed the Quest to start the Siege of Paris expansion, which was odd because I finished it some time ago.

Achievements are also not completed in Ubisoft connect on PC, why are they not retroactively checked from the progress on XBox?

This is unacceptable and has damaged my faith in continuing to play these games, pre-ordering Ragnarok is looking like a poor decision.

• sh0vplay
    2 posts

@sh0vplay Another issue I noticed last night.

I had completed all of the Order, I noticed several of them marked as still alive or undiscovered, even weirder was the progression ordering. Like some of them further down the tree were marked dead but lower ranked ones above them had not yet been discovered.

I went through all of them again until The Father which won't reveal the final clue because I have finished the story already.

There needs to be some sort of Save Game validation against completed quests/ achievements etc...

• queencool
    1 posts

I had over 200 hours. I had completed the whole game and found out today there came new missions 2 months ago. So I started the game up and everything I've done is gone. I'm down to 32h gameplay and right before you're done with the base game. I got so angry I cried actually, I have uninstall everything now after trying all possible methods to get my saves back but nothing worked. I'm so angry and sad.

• d4rkypl
    1 posts

Dear Ubisoft Support, is this a [censored] joke? How is this still not fixed over a year after the game release? I lost my saves twice already, I'm afraid to even open the game after all the patches because I feel the remaining ones will disappear again and yet you're still pretending the problem does not exist and it's not even acknowledged by the developers?!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5646 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to share your reports about lost progress within this thread.

When sharing a report with us, please ensure that you include all of the following information so we can forward your report to the dedicated teams:

• What platform are you playing on? Have you played the game on any other platforms?
    • How many hours of progress have you lost?
    • How many save slots are missing?
    • How much storage space is available on the console?
    • Did you experience a crash beforehand?
    • Have any error messages appeared? What was the message?
    • Have you lost progress before?
    • What was the last action/quest performed in-game?
    • Are you relying on auto save or using manual save feature?
    • Are you using the Quick Resume / Switcher feature if on console?
    • When did this begin (and what version of the game did it occur on)?
    • When was the last time you were able to load your save?

The dedicated teams are also interested in collecting additional images from players affected by this issue. If you have lost save progress, would you be able to send us a clear image of your local save files (if you have any). This support article can show you how to find these. Additionally, the development team would also like screen captures or videos on the in-game load menu to help better understand the issue. If you can show what you see whilst navigating the save game / storage system menu, either as a video or with additional images, that would be very helpful.

We can then forward these reports to the dedicated teams as they investigate this issue further.

We recommend players avoid using the Quick Resume/Switcher features of new gen consoles without ensuring a save file has been created first. When saving your game, we'd recommend that you create a manual save file. Please ensure that you give the game ample time to complete the save and that you have a stable internet connection to access Cloud saves. We'd also recommend creating multiple manual save files regularly to help reduce the risk of losing any progress.

@dracinus & @stewieisking007 - Thanks for sharing all that information with us! I'm sorry to hear that you've lost some of your in-game progress. Would you be able to provide us with any of the additional images or videos requested by the dedicated teams above? We can then include these in your report.

@sh0vplay - I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble with losing your in-game progress. Would you be able to provide us with all of the requested information, so we can pass on your report to the dedicated teams?

You mention that some of your achievements on Ubisoft Connect haven't retroactively unlocked after migrating from Xbox. Would you be able to share your report in our dedicated Megathread for this issue?

@queencool - I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your in-game progress. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Would you be able to provide us with all of the requested information above, as we can then forward this report to the dedicated teams for a closer look.

@d4rkypl - I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your saves twice before. I'd like to assure you that the dedicated teams are looking into this issue further. Would you be able to provide us with the information requested above? We can then include your report in the ongoing investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • StatisticsNinja
    3 posts

Yep, same thing happened to me when playing the DLC. I was about 20 hours in, turned it off, when I came back to play the game didn't resume (happens sometimes) and when I went to continue my game it took me back to almost the beginning of the DLC.

Is there any way to get a refund? I don't plan to play 20 hours again just to get back to where I was.

• What platform are you playing on? Have you played the game on any other platforms?
      • Xbox one series X, no other platforms
      • About 20
      • Not sure what you mean
      • Hundreds of gigabytes
      • No, but the auto-resume feature failed.
      • Before I started the DLC, I had some error messages about being unable to autosave. I restarted the game and they went away. When I was playing the DLC, no error messages.
      • See above, it just started before I played the DLC. But then it gave me error messages about autosave failing until I completely restarted the game. No error messages this time.
      • I went out of bounds with my ship and desynced back to the previous save.
      • Auto save.
      • Yup
      • Only began a few days ago, version 1.5.0.1
      • I'm assuming right before the game crashed, when I desynced and reloaded the last autosave.

• muzychenko416
    1 posts

Just happened to me a second time. How the [censored] is this still a problem a year into the game?!?!
    Completed the order and got Thor's hammer only to restart the game and lose about 8 hours of saved gameplay. Back to needing to complete the main story and kill fifteen [censored] order members to get the hammer again. [censored] you Ubisoft. How the [censored] does something so basic as saving a game not figured out a [censored] year into the game being released. Are you all [censored] dimwits?!

• Vlaadmir
    2 posts

@muzychenko416 mysaves went from 150 hour of gameplay to 78... Lost so much progress it's not funny now it just crashes

• Vlaadmir
    2 posts

Okay so I had multiple save files at 150 hours a piece none of them exist anymore ...now I'm knocked down to 76 hours no dlc completed not even the main game ...missing items game freezing constantly I'd happily take a refund and my old saves in return for this shotty expansion..make this right .

• j3ebrules
    1 posts

@ubi-viral
    Pretty angry my game crashed and I just lost hours of progress. We pay money for these games.

• What platform are you playing on?

Xbox One S
    Have you played the game on any other platforms?
    No

According to Ubi Connect, I’ve played 76 hours. The most recent save available is 64 hours. So about 12 hours lost.

don’t know

73 GB

YES

• Have any error messages appeared?

No, just crashed.
    What was the message? N/a

• Have you lost progress before? No
    • What was the last action/quest performed in-game? Not sure. It was in Cent. Fishing maybe.
    • Are you relying on auto save or using manual save feature? Quick Save (down/x)
    • Are you using the Quick Resume / Switcher feature if on console? I hit continue, if that’s what you’re asking
    • When did this begin (and what version of the game did it occur on)? Today; 3/21/22
    • When was the last time you were able to load your save? About 5 - 6PM today.

• lv311
    1 posts

I also have lost all of the saved games going back to the very beginning of loading entire game. signed in. yesterday and the progress from last week was gone. today i signed in and everything was gone with the only option was NEW GAME. Has your server crashed?

• Nykvistnicole
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis

i’ve lost my whole process, quick resumed this morning got a message that the save function was down due to error code 0x20000005 so quit the game and tried to reconnect did save last night so it should’ve been fine. Have nothing left to load. Have to pick new game to start and have over 60hours of playing that got lost

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5646 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your reports regarding lost progress. I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered issues with your saves in-game, and for any impact that this has had on your gaming experience.

When sharing a report with us, please ensure that you include all of the following information so we can forward your report to the dedicated teams:

The dedicated teams are also interested in collecting additional images from players affected by this issue. If you have lost save progress, would you be able to send us a clear image of your local save files (if you have any). This support article can show you how to find these. Additionally, the development team would also like screen captures or videos on the in-game load menu to help better understand the issue. If you can show what you see whilst navigating the save game / storage system menu, either as a video or with additional images, that would be very helpful.

We can then forward these reports to the dedicated teams as they investigate this issue further.

We recommend players avoid using the Quick Resume/Switcher features of new gen consoles without ensuring a save file has been created first. When saving your game, we'd recommend that you create a manual save file. Please ensure that you give the game ample time to complete the save and that you have a stable internet connection to access Cloud saves. We'd also recommend creating multiple manual save files regularly to help reduce the risk of losing any progress.

@StatisticsNinja - Thank you for providing us with a full report. I've now forwarded this to the dedicated teams for a closer look. I'm sorry to hear that you would like to seek a refund as well. If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store, you are welcome to create a support ticket with your refund request. Prior to doing this, I would recommend that you take a look at the Ubisoft returns policies, as we are unable to guarantee your request will be granted if you don't meet the eligible criteria.

If you purchased the game from another retailer, then you will need to contact them for further assistance with your refund request.

@muzychenko416, @Vlaadmir, @lv311 & @Nykvistnicole - I'm sorry to hear that you've lost some of your progress after restarting the game. Would you be able to provide us with all of the information requested above? We can then forward your reports to the dedicated teams for further investigation.

@j3ebrules - Thank you for providing us with a full report. I'm sorry to hear that you've lost some of your progress. I've now forwarded this to the dedicated teams so they can take a closer look at this.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • mtavcu
    1 posts

I just lost my 8 hours. And this is the second time that I lost my saved games. This thread started one year ago and there seems to be no development on the problem. If people here would be competent enough this would not go on for a year, let alone we would not have this problem in the first place. I do not want support, I am done with you.

Suggested Topics