Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Aust-n-Rocky
    Original poster 1 posts

Look I know valhalla is in the title, I just didnt expect to be raiding do many monasteries and stuff. Like I don't mind bandits or rival clans that slaughtered lots of innocents. But there just so many monasteries and I like AC games, always have. I just don't want it to screw with my religion. Is it possible to play through the game like not destroying churches? Please and thank you. ❤❤

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Fred_P
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • kizza0721
    63 posts

You dont kill innocents. Only guards/militia/military types. You don't slaughter monks amd villages.

Although there is a lot of fire involved.

• Fred_P
    15 posts

@kizza0721 so murdering someone is ok if they're in the military? You're not killing the soldiers in self defense you're invading their country and killing them in their own towns. How are they not innocent just because they try to defend themselves?
    Seems a little inconsistent.

• kizza0721
    63 posts

@fred_p
    It's called Valhalla. You knew it was about vikings. How could you not know it involves raiding and killing? It's part of the Assassin's Creed series. Which is about an order of people who assassinate targets. If the game is not for you, then that's fine, not everyone is ok with that stuff. I've been playing Farming Simulator for a while, you don't kill anyone in that.

• Fred_P
    15 posts

@kizza0721 I don't understand your comment. I have no issue with the game and am having a good time with it.
    I just think you drew the line in a weird place, and was commenting on the logic of drawing the line where you did.

• kizza0721
    63 posts

@fred_p
    Yeah, i should have said villagers, monks or civilians instead of innocents. Poor choice of wording on my part, i guess. Glad you're enjoying the game. Hope you get many hours of fun out of it.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

Hey guys,

We're always happy to hear feedback from our players positive or negative, as it can help us inform decisions in the future.

Where mentioned, please be respectful of other players' beliefs, as we want these forums to be a place of civil discussion where all players can come together

Thank you

Official Response
  • kjubaran
    7 posts

Look,
    1) its a GAME. Its about fun. Well ... you can download a trained if you dont want to raid monasteries.
    2) You play a VIKING, a raider.
    3) The medival times was quite hard, the children dead rate was about 60% in Norway, so they had to do quite drastic measures for gathering resources.
    4) I think Ubysoft have nothing again christianity, in previous games, you were murdering almost everyone, fromm greek, egypth, muslim , catholic crusade etc. Its basicaly about who is in the power...

I hope you would have great time playing this game as me. Cheers Kjub

• SaintlyStorms
    76 posts

@aust-n-rocky I respect your belief and religion and understand that it may be something that may make you feel uncomfortable if you're a particularly religious person. However, respectfully, it was mentioned before the game was released that this was going to be a thing. Now as far as I know, you don't actually set fire to anything. You kill people, yes, but in terms of destroying anything... That sort of stuff just happens around you. Unfortunetely this game may not suit you if you feel strongly about this sort of thing. Every game that has some form of religious context is always going to not appeal to a select group of people. As others have mentioned, the entire game is about Vikings. If you know anything about Vikings, it's that they made it their purpose to destroy anything that doesn't adhere to their beliefs including Christianity which was becoming such a powerful force in Europe at the time.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics