ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RainbowAshii
    Original poster 33 posts

Seriously, what's up with that? Voices are fine, combat sounds as well, but I can barely hear any music, which is pretty damn annoying. I can't enjoy Wardruna's work. I even tried lowering the volume of everything else to hear soundtrack better, it didn't help much.

Ubi, just make the music louder, please. I don't remember having this problem in previous games. And from what I've noticed on reddit, other people have the same problem. Not to mention that singing is constantly interrupted because of "raid" that's showing up every 5 seconds while using drakkar.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• josecremado
    3 posts

@rainbowashii
    I'm having the same issue. The music is too low and the main character are too loud. In a battle situation, i hear the main character but i can't hear the music.

• Magnus_XV
    1 posts

Same problem. Trying to set everything apart from music lower, but that does not help that much. There is a considerable number of posts about this problem around, so i hope devs will hear of this. Come on, this is Wardruna, we want to savor it!

• Burnynat0r
    4 posts

If you all are using 5.1 surround sound than this would make more sense because this is a LONG term issue w/ Anvil engine going all the way back to Origins. Switch to headphones and see if that doesn't help. Not a solution BTW, it would just be nice if they understand if its a 5.1 issue related to the long standing sound balance issue on surround or if this is 'new' to Valhalla.

• RainbowAshii
    Original poster 33 posts

@burnynat0r I'm using headphones and it's still a massive problem. I even tried switching between my other headphones and nothing.

• Jp1224777
    3 posts

Same here. I would really like to enjoy the main theme and the rest of the music, but it is too quiet. There are also points where the volume of Eivor’s voice jumps up for no reason while all the other characters are normal volume.

• Relkan
    2 posts

Same here - how on earth does an issue like this go unfixed through all the testing? It's my biggest disappointment with the game. Unfortunately, it makes dramatic scenes seem flat. To be clear, the music can be heard, but it's very very quiet. The only workaround seems to be disabling the music in game and playing the soundtrack via Spotify, which is rediculous for a AAA game

• Nick.INcubus
    1 posts

@rainbowashii I have same problem . You should try to use headphones . It's better ,but unfortunately I also want it to be heard from speakers.
    Hope It will be fixed

• AndreasBenakis
    1 posts

Started playing Valhalla today, and i was looking for a topic as this, to verify that it is not my xbox's or tv's problem. I can barely hear the music. It is really low, and very annoying.

• RainbowAshii
    Original poster 33 posts

@andreasbenakis Yep, unfortunately it is still a problem and Ubi doesn't even acknowledge it, so I guess we won't get any fix or an option at all.

• salmonBeaver
    2 posts

2022. It's still not fixed. What is the problem with fixing a single slider. Ubisoft...

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys!

First and foremost - apologies that our team wasn't able to come across this thread and I can see that it has been out there for quite some time now.

Taken into account what's been mentioned, I can confirm that details of your feedback/suggestion has been forwarded to our development team accordingly.

If we will have any additional information or any updates, it will all be posted here, in our official forums, so keep an eye!

Until then, apologies about any inconvenience this may cause and if you do have any further queries or run into any difficulties, feel free to reach out at any time!

Official Response
  • salmonBeaver
    2 posts

@Ubi-Karl So I decided to return to the game after half a year. It's been half a year since your last answer to try to figure it out. Some patches were released, but none of them solved the sound problem. I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't understand a damn thing? Is this really an impossible task for developers? Music is one of the main creators of the atmosphere in the game.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4776 posts

Hi @salmonBeaver apologies for the late response.

I am also sorry to hear that you are still finding the music in-game too quiet.

Feedback has been forwarded on to the development team regarding this as previously mentioned, I'm afraid there is nothing further we can do.

Official Response

Suggested Topics