Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

Hey everyone,

After a discussion with the forum development team, the community team and others, the editing threshold for posts should now have been raised to 24 hours. Please let me know if this is a better threshold for you all, and if you encounter any issues with editing your posts going forward within this new threshold.

Thanks again to you all for sharing your feedback with us, and have a great weekend! 🙂

Official Response
  • OBu42
    146 posts

@ubi-woofer

Short answer: Better, but still not sufficient. Maybe the devs can tell me, how you can maintain posts like affix lists, list of bugs, lists of user wishes etc. ...

For an example of the mess we are having now (and will still have with 24h editing time) is this thread:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99490/list-of-boosted-parts-sets?lang=en-US

• AORUS2017
    66 posts

@ubi-woofer

24 hours great work👍 But today 19/10/2021 after just 11 mins after two edits the pop up window said you have to wait 10 mins after posting?

• CoastalGirl
    33 posts

@ubi-woofer I just saw this, but wanted to post my appreciation. Though I'd still love to have no limit, at least now I have a better window to fix typos in. 🤓

I do understand why there's a limit (well, at least one reason), but is there any chance that we could have different member groups to deal with that?

• Ubi-Woofer

@OBu42 - To address the types of threads you have described - lists of bugs etc. in the vein of a megathread list would typically be handled by Support Staff, while the others are types of threads that may be considered as being outside of the traditional needs for post editing. If needing to update the original post of an information thread, a moderator such as a Support Staff member would be happy to help with this as a workaround, if we can verify that the content is permitted. For instance, if you could link me to the full list of boosted parts sets for your main post in the linked thread as it should now be in an external Google Document or similar, I'll be happy to edit your post for you and update the list. I'll also pass on your feedback that you'd like to see the limit increased further.

@AORUS2017 - Just to clarify, do you mean that you have been asked to wait 10 minutes before posting again, or before editing your same post? Can you provide a screenshot of this error message if it shows up again please? Thank you. 🙂

@CoastalGirl - I'm doing my best! 😎 With regard to member groups, do you mean to give different groups of forum users different permissions to edit their posts (i.e. different windows to edit per user group)? Can you provide me with an example of types of groups that you would suggest to have these different permissions? It's something I'm happy to pass forward as a suggestion, however I cannot guarantee that such an idea would be implemented. Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • CoastalGirl
    33 posts

@ubi-woofer Yep, that's what I pictured. Probably just two basic groups, for new vs. established (i.e. trusted) users. Usually I see it tied to post count (which I know has pros and cons, but if someone abuses that then they should be on the naughty list anyway 😉 ), like on the old forums where we have Junior Member/Member/Senior Member.

As I said, I know there are good reasons to not allow edits, but being able to earn that privilege would be nice.

• Ubi-Woofer

I've forwarded the idea to the forum development and Community teams for their consideration, @coastalgirl - thanks for this! I'm not sure if it will be possible, as I believe currently the editing window is universal for all non-moderators, however it's definitely something to consider if it could be implemented! 🙂

Official Response
  • CoastalGirl
    33 posts

@ubi-woofer Sounds good, thank you!

Suggested Topics