Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheZonk88
    Original poster 57 posts

Hello there

i would like to see a "higher" Edit timeframe, like 10 minutes.

Sometimes, due to some additional research, 5 minutes aren't enough...

Thank you 🙂

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DoctorMcBatman
    4 posts

[censored]...

"ERRORYou are only allowed to edit posts for 5 minute(s) after posting"

Seriously? My god, this forum just gets worse and worse. lol

Anyway, thanks for the replies. My post on reddit is getting a lot of attention and support, hopefully the devs see and agree.

• QuietBeat
    5 posts

I'm only allowed 10 minutes to edit a post once it's submitted is absolutely stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Killorio
    25 posts

I found out that once we post something there is only 10 minutes to edit it. I think this restriction is wrong and should be removed. For example, what if I wrote misinformation or/and misspelling and wanted to correct it? I shouldn't have to create a reply to my own post to "correct" these.
    I think it is fair to let us to edit our posts anytime we want, but displaying when the edition was made, highlighting the latest time of edition and if one wants, to click at it to check the history of timestamps of editions.

• Father-Jack
    28 posts

For me it was 5 minutes only, but I agree, either remove the time limit or make it much longer e.g. an hour.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

@thezonk88 & @QuietBeat - Thank you for sharing this feedback with us with regard to the post editing window. 🙂 I sincerely apologise that we did not respond to your threads until now. I have merged them together as they discussed similar concerns with the post editing window. Do you both find the newer ten-minute window to not be long enough, and why? Do you feel that it should be increased again? If the latter, how long do you now think is needed for post editing? Thank you for any additional feedback you provide! 🙂

@Killorio, @Father-Jack & @DoctorMcBatman - I merged the posts/threads you both posted in with this one, as it also concerns post editing. At the moment, the editing window stands at ten minutes. If you do not feel this is long enough, can you let me know why, and how long you feel would be appropriate? It is unlikely that the window will ever be made infinite, however there may be the possibility for it to be extended again, so any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

Official Response
  • vm4M9Tz4pB
    68 posts

i don't know why, but they usually appear a bug that, " u can't edit the post after posting the post at 10 mins".. i didn't remember , but it said something like 10 mins, even after a day, an hr, still seeing this message. fixing it pls, and then u can' t delete the post or reply , it popup a message like above, and seeing a red cloud under right corner in the forum

• Ubi-Woofer

Hello @vm4m9tz4pb - I have merged your thread into this one concerning increasing the post editing limit, as I feel this is really what your topic concerns.

It is not a bug or error that the message you are seeing appears; at present, we have a limit on post editing which means that you can only do so within ten minutes of making your post. You can however delete your posts for much longer than that.

If you feel that ten minutes is not long enough, please feel free to suggest an alternative timer length you would prefer and I can pass forward this feedback. Please be aware however that an indefinite limit is unlikely to be implemented. Thanks!

Official Response
  • vm4M9Tz4pB
    68 posts

the forum have bug, it's not related to the time limited.

• Ubi-Woofer

Can you please clarify exactly what the issue you are experiencing is in that case, @vm4m9tz4pb? This message should only appear if you are attempting to edit a post that is no longer eligible to be edited.

Please run through our browser troubleshooting, and if issues persist after that, submit images here on the forum exhibiting the issue. I'll then pass these details onto the forum development team for them to review and investigate. Thanks!

Official Response
  • vm4M9Tz4pB
    68 posts

@ubi-woofer no i encounter i can't edit a post, in the same day, whenever how long it's , i am still unable to edit a post, thread, reply that i posted. whatever, i give up to try it , i will either edit in next day, or later..... i also post a thread for this issue. so thank for concerning.

• Ubi-Woofer

Thanks for your reply @vm4m9tz4pb. Just to clarify again - if more than ten minutes have passed since you published your post on the forums, you won't be able to edit it then, or at any time after that. This limit means you can only edit your post within ten minutes of posting it, and once those ten minutes are up, that post can no longer be edited by yourself.

This is not an issue, this is the current timer on editing permissions in place for users such as yourself. If you feel that ten minutes is not enough, and that you would like to be able to edit your posts for a longer period, then please let me know how long you feel would be appropriate. Again, an indefinite (i.e. infinite) timer is unlikely, but certainly we can discuss extending the length of the editing timer. Thanks!

Official Response
  • OBu42
    143 posts

@ubi-woofer

well, the discussion is old, but after TC2 joined the forum, many more people requested an indefinite time limit for edits. The reason is simple: If you are having postings that evolve over time, like a list of boosted parts or community suggestions, it is much more effective to update the initial posting instead of re-posting the rather long list over and over again.

If this is not changed, the forum will loose lots of its value. You can see that some very popular threads already moved to other platforms which do not have those restrictions.

• Night_Fury147
    20 posts

Why do we only have up to 10 minutes to edit a post after it’s been posted? We should be able to edit it as many times as we want.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 983 posts

Hi there @OBu42 & @night_fury147. We appreciate you sharing this feedback with us on the new forums. Please know we have shared this with our team for consideration. If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to let us know!

Official Response
  • AORUS2017
    64 posts

I hope you can delete this 600 seconds timer to edit any post on all New forums, why put it in? Never had this problem on the old forums😠

• AORUS2017
    64 posts

I now have waited 12 mins and I still can't edit my post?????? and for my other post it's been 1 hour and still can't edit😠

• AORUS2017
    64 posts

I think it should be within the 30 minutes of posting just in case you forgot to add more information to your thread

• OBu42
    143 posts

@aorus2017

I would say it should be endless! E.g. I was compiling a list of boosted affixes, and this list expands over time. It is pointless to copy the whole list over and over again, but just adding the new affixes as separate posts makes it unreadable.

@Ubi: Any news on this issue?
    BTW: Did you notice, that you lost hundreds of active forum participants with the movement to the new forum due to its many issues? If this problem is not resolved soo, I will stop active participation as well.

• Ubi-Woofer

Thank you for your replies, @AORUS2017 and @OBu42. I've passed your comments forward to the development team and the Community Team, and will discuss with them this topic once again as soon as possible. If any changes to the editing threshold are made, I'll reply again in this thread with confirmation of the new time set for it. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics