Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MadnessReigns33
    Original poster 21 posts

Had to restart my game to work around the A Seer's Solace bug. After finishing the quest and updating the game I noticed the fast travel point directly east of Valka's Hut is no longer working. Every time I hover over it it says "Fast Travel Unavailable". I've tried climbing and re-syncing it as well as reloading older save files, none of which have worked. Anyone else having similar issues?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MadnessReigns33
    Original poster 21 posts

@madnessreigns33 Went back to Norway after the hotfix for the "A Seer's Solace" bug went live. Viewpoint still says "Fast Travel Unavailable" when I hover over it. Tried resyncing to it a couple of times and still no luck

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1183 posts

Hey MadnessReigns33! Thanks for reporting this here on the forums, and for pointing me in this direction from the megathread about A Seer's Solace 🙂

Can you please confirm the following for me, based on the details you've provided in the thread:

• Did the issue with fast travel to this location only start occurring after you completed "A Seer's Solace"? Did you complete it before or after the hotfix?
    • Have you noticed this issue with any other fast travel locations in Norway OR England, including the ports or the settlement in Fornberg?

If you haven't already done so, I'd also like to ask that you give our basic PS4 troubleshooting a shot, as I've not been able to find any other mentions of this issue here on the forums, so it's possible that it's a localised issue to your specific save game. Let me know if it helps!

Official Response
  • MadnessReigns33
    Original poster 21 posts

@ubi-woofer Hey, in regards to your questions:

• Yes the issue only started occurring after finishing the "A Seer's Solace" quest. I finished the quest on patch 1.0 and then updated to the current patch (which was the suggested way to finish the quest and continue on with the game at the time) and that's when the issue started. I finished the quest well before the hotfix went live
    • No other fast travel point has been affected in England or Norway at this point and time

You also mentioned you saw no other posts detailing this issue, but user @automattic333 reported the same thing in the previous thread we spoke in "resolved: cannot progress quest A Seer's Solace" so I don't think it's an issue with my specific game save. You can find their post by typing fast travel in the search bar in the player support category. In the meantime, I'll try the stuff outlined in the troubleshooting section and let you know if that helps things. Thanks for taking the time to look into this issue 🙂

• MadnessReigns33
    Original poster 21 posts

@Ubi-Woofer I did everything in the troubleshooting guide and no change. I also reloaded an older save from around the time this issue happened (around the time I completed the quest) synced to it and it showed as being unavailable. After I sync it shows up on my map as being synced to (blue instead of white) and I can select it on the map, place and marker on it, and resync to as much as I like; animations for syncing, music, etc play out just fine...I just can't fast travel to it, even on earlier saves

• MadnessReigns33
    Original poster 21 posts

@ubi-woofer Just wanted to update. Here’s a video of the issue in question. Notice that the affected viewpoint plays a different sound effect when resynced than the other. There’s also a photo under the video in the twitter link of the earliest save I have access to and the issue is still present

• IFrike
    22 posts

I have finished the game and was collecting some remaining collectibles. I can fast travel to *all* fast-travel points except for this one. The one in Rygjafylke, east of Valka's Hut just says "Fast Travel Unavailable". I am currently standing on top of it and have tried re-syncing it a couple of times, saving and reloading also does nothing.

PC Version 1.1.0

• candamyr
    1 posts

I have the same issue with this one single viewpoint. It's not critical, just annoying...

• Ubi-Woofer

Hey all,

Thanks for your continued reports of this issue. I sincerely apologise that we were unable to follow-up here in the thread until now. Having recently returned to Norway to hoover up the remaining collectables I missed, I noticed that I am also impacted by this issue now, and made my own video for the devs and provided my save files to them as well. As it is just the one view point that is affected, I cannot say how long their investigation will take, however I will keep you all updated.

It may be that further save files are required, so if any of you could provide those, that would be great. @MadnessReigns33, I believe you play on PS4 like myself, and @IFrike you've mentioned playing on PC - could you possibly see if you can open a support case and submit your save files for us to investigate? If you get stuck, I can look into creating a case manually for you. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • eL_T_US
    232 posts

@ubi-woofer Another similar issue, in England, at Cyne Belle Castle (Southern Oxenefordscire), it says 'Fast Travel Unavailable'.

• Kormac67
    731 posts

@el_t_us There is no such waypoint in Oxenefordshire.

• eL_T_US
    232 posts

@kormac67 Still tho, it says 'Fast Travel Unavailable'.

• Ubi-Woofer

Hey there @el_t_us. Could you please show me the view point in question and the issue itself at that view point? An image or short video clip would be much appreciated.

Please be aware that fast travel in some areas may be suspended if you're in the middle of a mission, so if you're in the middle of a quest, please complete this and try again after that before replying with the image / video. Thanks 🙂

Official Response
  • eL_T_US
    232 posts

@ubi-woofer Here ya go. This location does not have a High Point, yet this message appears anyways. Not the same bug as this thread, but still relatable, and indeed a bug.

Suggested Topics