Ubisoft Support Staff UbiKoality 440 posts
This post is deleted!
I've merged together a few threads about this issue together into a single thread. I apologise if this has disrupted any ongoing discussions. By creating a single thread, it will allow us to keep all information and updates regarding the investigation in the same place.
I'm sorry to hear that a number of you are having trouble proceeding in "The Swan-Road Home." After reading through this thread, it looks like there are two main issues being encountered:
- After completing the river blockade and boarding the long ship again, the ship doesn't move.
- When arriving at the settlement, the cutscene with the bandits doesn't trigger.
If you are encountering a different issue to this, please can you let us know within this thread? We can then investigate this further as well.
If you are encountering either of these issues, would you be able to provide us with the following information:
- Have you tried fast-travelling back to Norway and returning to England to see if this helps you to proceed?
- If possible, could you try reloading an earlier save to see if this allows you to proceed?
- Could you please provide us with a video that shows you're unable to proceed in "The Swan-Road Home?" This could either be the boat not moving, or the cutscene not triggering. You can upload the footage to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive) and post a link within this thread.
We can then pass this information along to the development team for a closer look.
@UncleBlazing - Would you be able to answer the above questions for us?
Scrocchia1234 2 posts
@ubi-borealis I reached the part where they sail to England, and right before reaching the Sons of Ragnar's village, the game crashes and the error reads: "Cannot continue using the application. The data for the following application is corrupted. Delete the application from the PS4, and then insert the disc again"
I deleted the saves and restart the game, as soon as I reach the same point, the error appears again, also I can't fast travel back to Norway, I reloaded an earlier save but the error still appears
Hello there @Scrocchia1234! Welcome to the forums
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a game crash whilst sailing to England. Thanks for letting me know what you've tried already. I would recommend trying these other troubleshooting steps. In particular, please can you try rebuilding your PS4 database, as this may help to fix any corrupted files.
How long till Ubisoft patches this issue? I waited a couple months before I bought the game so that some issues were ironed out. But I have been able to play for a month now and this issue has not even been added to the list on the main problems thread. This game is a joke compared to all of the other previous AC games I have played.