Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LoneSpymaster
    1 posts

This is unbelievable, xbox series x as powerful as it is has a lot of visual issues. Is it possible to fix this? It really ruins the experience. It needs an update ASAP.

• Sadguru81
    4 posts

I think ubisoft has some explaining to do:

• DCruption
    4 posts

The tearing is an issue on Xbox One X too.

• SaintlyStorms
    76 posts

@sadguru81 That's shocking

• SingleFile
    2 posts
    @sadguru81 That's shocking
    and sad... can’t believer the series x version runs the way it does. I’m a sucker. I need to stop buying these games.

• Sadguru81
    4 posts

At this point, the whole "4k at 60 fps" is just blatant false advertising.

• AnberlinGuy
    1 posts

Ya I tried switching to hdmi 1.4 which runs it at 4K 30 hz. Which fixes the issue. However I should not have to sacrifice HDR and 60fps. So for now I’ll just suffer. Considering how significantly more power the series x is it should have no problem. It’s a real bummer 😕

• DNASTYNOISE
    2 posts

@anberlinguy They also lied and said the Series X version would be native 4k@60 and clearly its not.

• Troopercooper80
    33 posts

Anybody using a hdmi 2.0 monitor with amd freesync (premium)?
    And does that make any difference at all?

I see most people here use a TV without VRR or Freesync who get tearing, so im wondering if you'd still get tearing on a monitor with freesync hdmi 2.0 or perhaps 2.1 if you have a monitor with that.

It should be noted that Sony already provided a full dev kit for the ps5 consoles back in 2019, where as microsoft only provided an incomplete dev kit beginning / mid 2020. (also called a basic dev kit)

It could easily explain why you see such an appaling difference on the XsX versus the ps5.
    Got nothing to do with 'teraflops' or power, just lazy programming and software from both Ubisoft (look at the legions mess) and lazy microsoft who need to get their software in order.

• arn0low
    14 posts

Fix this garbabe please !

This is just utter trash right now !

• Scott1904
    11 posts

Tearing on xbox series x is not my biggest problem. (will be fixed with VRR when this will be enabled on my sony x900h later).My problem is that Ubisoft told all medias that this game have native 4k@60fps on xsx and all technical reviews eg from digitalfoundry are showing that the game dont reach native 4k at all. Mostly the game runs in 1440p far away from 4k. I was wondering about the unsharp picture quality ingame compared to other titles. Its blurry. So if its not possible on this hardware than please dont lie to us, and please give us an alternative graphics modebin settings like 4k@30fps with native 4k.

• MossinoUzumaki
    1 posts

Same here XSX whit Sony 4k HDR. To much screen tearing. i made a support ticket for this and they reply to reset my console or activate vrr that my tv don't have. morons . i stop playing they unfinished product that cost 100$. Next time release your game when is tested.

• Rich102
    1 posts

Re: [Screen Tearing on Series X|S | POST HERE](/topic/78552/screen-tearing-on-series-x-s-post-here)

I also have the screen tearing problem, I’m playing on a Panasonic TX-58DX902b 4K LCD TV. I haven’t seen this problem on any other game including Watch Dogs Legion. My TV runs at 60Hz, but apparently switching to VRR or 30Hz can fix this problem. My TV doesn’t support that option though. The game IS playable, but like others have said the tearing is really jarring at times and ruins the immersion.

• CancelToDebug
    11 posts

Shame we still have no update from the development team.

• CancelToDebug
    11 posts
    i made a support ticket for this and they reply to reset my console or activate vrr

Just as I feared.

• SaintlyStorms
    76 posts

@canceltodebug Na they have to do something about this. Too many people don't have vrr. If it needed vrr to work without screen tearing then they should have made that abundantly clear beforehand. This is on them. It clearly wasn't optimised correctly to begin with. They really need to say something now because it's not just the Series X that is having this issue. There are also reports of people with vrr that are having this problem still albiet in smaller numbers than regular 60hz TVs and monitor users. This is a problem on their end.

• Grawens
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Grawens
    6 posts

I brought a video myself.
    It happens at the beginning of the game, when I step on the breakable ice. (0:20s) but it only happens on broken ice and on the edge.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

Hey folks,

I am sorry to hear that you are all encountering screen tearing.

The team are aware of this issue and are investigating it further.

Once we have more information, we will provide it.

Official Response
  • Bzduras
    9 posts

@ubi-swaggins thank you for addresing the issue. I experience it every time I'm playing the game. XSX, 1080p display with no VRR here.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics