Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• sloopage
    6 posts

Tried the new patch on Xbox One X and the screen tearing seems worse. Didn't make it a minute in to the intro and it was very noticeable. Is it time to just trade this game in Ubisoft?!

• jeffclaire083
    9 posts

So for me, I was having horrible tearing on xbox series x on my LG oled C7. With the new patch, there is still tearing running in performance mode (60 FOS). But not AS much, but it’s still there. For instance in Asgard when your in the “City” (I guess) it was tearing all over the place. Today at 60 fps, it still tears, but not AS much. Same with cut sceens, and various other towns around the world etc.

But at 30 FPS I’ve seen no tearing, again in Asgarde at 30 FPS runs great. Of course the downside is…..30 FPS, not as smooth as 60. But it took me about 10 mins of playing in 30 FPS to get use to it.

NOW, I hope dev’s don’t use VRR as an excuse to not optimise games to run at 60 on none VRR displays. I haven’t played watch Dog legion, but from what I’ve read, it runs fine at 60 FPS and it’s by Ubisoft, so I’m not sure what the deal is with Valhalla. Hopefully a few more updates will improve the 60FPs on none VRR displays

• mskills
    10 posts

Series X and Sony x900e here.

New patch installed and performance mode (60 fps) has a lot of screen tearing in cutscenes (very noticeable at the beginning when the father is singing). In gameplay looks better.

In quality mode the screen tearing in cutscenes is less noticeable but stills there. In gameplay looks the same as performance mode.

Still needs work.

• DreiKelch409621
    11 posts

@mskills what is with the older consoles? There is the same problem and Ubisoft is
    nothing gonna do about it, its really a shame first and last ultimate edition!

• Bzduras
    9 posts

Xbox Series X, problem still persists after patch 1.0.4.

• DemonI81
    16 posts

Screen tearing is far worse now on the Series X post patch.

I've not seen a single bug actually fixed with this patch, there's more actually. I'm beginning to wonder if I should even keep playing this game. Then there's the question of if I should keep my copy of Immortals preordered. Oh yeah, have Far Cry 6 collector's edition preordered as well. Should probably cancel that too. This company has become horrendous as of late.

• DemonI81
    16 posts

Problem is far worse post patch for me.

• TrickShady
    3 posts

Screen tearing is still happening for me also on Xbox 1 X, it is not as bad and as constant as it was before, but is still highly visible a lot of the time.

• ragehu
    23 posts

After 1.04 patch
    XBOX ONE S
    I feel sick during gameplay....

• vagmc1982
    10 posts

In the patch there's nothing mentioned about a concrete fix(!) for the tearing issue. That means that tearing should not be that much visible than before (series x/s). That doesn't mean that is completely eliminated. I guess further optimization is needed and more patches will arrive within time. The PS5 had/has these issues, too.

• DemonI81
    16 posts

@demoni81

That's one cancelled. Still debating on the big one, Far Cry 6 Collector's...

undefined

• DemonI81
    16 posts

Sick of this garbage. How many devs had the self awareness to delay launch to NOT have a game riddled with bugs? Not Ubi though. Watch Dogs and AC are both very broken.

Starting to cancel my Ubi preorders.
    Far Cry 6 Collector's is next. Might wait on that one a minute just because it is still a few months out, bit then again, Ubi robbed me for over $200 on Valhalla. Not sure I wanna ever give them my money again.

undefined

• SaintlyStorms
    76 posts

Can confirm with new patch that even with performance mode selected, the screen tearing is still there for me. I don't know what else to say really.

• BeerDrinker3000
    3 posts

Yes tearing still present on X. Especially when looking at the sky and down again (increasing render load).

Its a [censored] poor display for a launch title.

• Troopercooper80
    47 posts

I do feel sorry for the series X people, wanted to get one myself and even preordered the xbox ultimate edition (which cannot be cancelled apparently).

Plays, relatively, fine here on 60 fps / high settings PC on 1080p with the odd crash though that seems to be less since the patch 1.04.

Its really appalling and i blame both ubisoft and microsoft, ubisoft for their hasty releases with the connect update that caused a ton of issues, legion right after, valhalla right after that.. what were they thinking? All this to beat the fiscal year ..

And microsoft for providing really a lousy dev kit far too late and way to barebones, which is a big part of the problem for a few games out now and soon to be released.

• Bzduras
    9 posts

Honestly I gave up on this game, I refuse to play it with this abysmal screen tearing and I won't change my display to one supporting VRR when I have perfectly working one already (without VRR). Game goes on the shelf until they patch this out.

I try to be considerate and understanding towards developers - they are people too and I'm sure they working to sort this mess out, but seriously... I've paid for labor of your work, I don't feel entitled or anything, but when you sell me product I expect it to be working. Valhalla on Series X, at this moment, can't be considerated as "working product".

• BeerDrinker3000
    3 posts

4K60 what a joke. I know 4K native is unrealistic, but dropping the resolution more and more as the only fix is just plain lazy! The torch scene, how is that scene intensive?? Its a weird combination of lights/fog whatever that makes the game bog down. Fix that! Not just dialing the res back.

And the game itself is also pretty dead and empty compared to Odyssey. The mysteries are dumb as [censored]! Are they supposed to replace proper 3hour sidequests? Wow mission accomplished, not.

• BrotherSpark
    2 posts

I am using an Xbox Series X with a Samsung 6300 series 4k HDR TV from around 2017. It uses a standard 60hz display. It does not have VRR or vertical sync options. The screen tearing is still really terrible for me even after installing the 1.0.4 patch.

An example of a time and place where screen tearing was present every few seconds is the battle at the end of the Suthsexe arc.

• BrotherSpark
    2 posts

I am in Jorvik now and the screen tearing is frequent--tearing every few seconds, sometimes multiple tears running across the screen at once.

• sloopage
    6 posts

New Xbox One X console update and latest patch....still tearing.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics