Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Troopercooper80
    47 posts

Far as I can tell it only happens on 4k quality mode.
    The 30fps just does something weird even in menu’s where you can see the cursor move weirdly all over the place when you move it around.

I only play in performance mode, however I am using an ips 240hz 1ms monitor with amd premium freesync / gsync.

This shouldnt be an issue whatsoever.

I can’t even imagine the horror for people on “regular” tv’s without any type of VRR. (Aka freesync/gsync)

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

@troopercooper80

It also happens in 30fps (quality) mode on my series X. I begin to believe they just gave up on fixing all the bugs and decided to only add some new ones every update.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts

Hello there @GoobyMongo56, @Troopercooper80 & @B00MSIE ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the investigation into screen tearing on Xbox Series X|S. I apologise for any disappointment that may have been caused following TU 1.3.0, and have shared your feedback with the dedicated teams.

I've checked in with the development team, and they are still taking a closer look at this issue. They have not yet shared any updates with us from the investigation, including any news of a fix. Rest assured that the player support team are checking in on the investigation regularly. As soon as we have any new information to share with you all regarding screen tearing issues on Xbox Series X|S, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

If you are encountering screen tearing issues in-game, we would recommend that you first give these console troubleshooting steps a try if you haven't already. If the issue continues to persist after trying this troubleshooting, the development team have requested if you can provide us with the following information:

• Please can you confirm which model of Xbox Series you use?
    • When did this issue first happen? How often does it occur?
    • Is the game installed on the internal HDD or an external drive?
    • What is the make/model of the TV you are using?
    • If you can provide any videos that show the screen tearing happening in-game, these will be very helpful for further investigation.

We can then forward this report to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • smcinturf
    43 posts

Can confirm this has been issue on series X in performance mode since release. I have disc version installed on internal HDD. Samsung KS8000.... No VRR unfortunately. I don't understand why they can't add a vsynch toggle in display settings. Annoying.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 262 posts

@smcinturf Thank you so much for answering the questions that @Ubi-Borealis posted above. It's much appreciated! I do apologize for the frustration experienced by this screen-tearing issue as well. Do you happen to have any video clips of this issue that I can forward to the team to help with investigating this? Can I also safely assume that any basic troubleshooting steps didn't seem to help with this issue as well?

Official Response
  • B00MSIE
    373 posts

• Please can you confirm which model of Xbox Series you use?

Xbox Series X

• When did this issue first happen? How often does it occur?

Almost everywhere if you turn around (see my YouTube videos above in this post), but more inside buildings

• Is the game installed on the internal HDD or an external drive?

Internal Series X storage.

• What is the make/model of the TV you are using?

Samsung UE50RU7172

• If you can provide any videos that show the screen tearing happening in-game, these will be very helpful for further investigation.

see above.

After the last update the amount of screen tearing is still the same.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts

Thank you for sharing your report with us, @B00MSIE. I've passed this along with the videos you shared with us earlier in the thread to the development team so they can take a closer look at these 🙂

Official Response
  • DreiKelch409621
    11 posts

Really bad Screen Tearing on my new Xbox Series S

can someone tell me whether it is my console or the game? I haven't had the console for a week and I already had the problem when it was released on my old Xbox One S until it was fixed, does anyone else have the same problem?

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

@dreikelch409621

It’s the game for sure, just search on Reddit about it.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1042 posts

Hey there @dreikelch409621 - the issue could possibly be localised, however, we do have this megathread open to investigate the wider reported issues with screen tearing on the Series X|S family of consoles. I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing similar behaviour previously on your Xbox One S as well.

Can you please confirm for me whether you have previously run through our Xbox Series X|S troubleshooting? Do you also happen to have a video demonstrating the screen tearing in your game that you could share with us, whether through a direct link or by uploading the footage to a sharing site and providing a link here? Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics