Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DreiKelch409621
    11 posts

Really bad Screen Tearing on my new Xbox Series S

can someone tell me whether it is my console or the game? I haven't had the console for a week and I already had the problem when it was released on my old Xbox One S until it was fixed, does anyone else have the same problem?

• B00MSIE
    395 posts

@dreikelch409621

It’s the game for sure, just search on Reddit about it.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hey there @dreikelch409621 - the issue could possibly be localised, however, we do have this megathread open to investigate the wider reported issues with screen tearing on the Series X|S family of consoles. I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing similar behaviour previously on your Xbox One S as well.

Can you please confirm for me whether you have previously run through our Xbox Series X|S troubleshooting? Do you also happen to have a video demonstrating the screen tearing in your game that you could share with us, whether through a direct link or by uploading the footage to a sharing site and providing a link here? Thank you!

Official Response
  • Bepumop
    3 posts
    Hi. Are you seriously? Was in 2021, but problem is here. I play with Performance mod graphics on fullhd tv samsung UE49M5500 and i have screen tearing anytime! Fix it please. This game unplayable

• Bepumop
    3 posts
    Hi. Are you seriously? Was in 2021, but problem is here. I play with Performance mod graphics on fullhd tv samsung UE49M5500 and i have screen tearing anytime! Fix it please. This game unplayable

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 264 posts

Hello @bepumop and welcome to Discussions,

We understand FPS is dropping and there's screen tearing.

The provided information was forwarded to our development team, and it is currently being looked into. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any additional questions.

Official Response
  • Bepumop
    3 posts
    @ubi-oxavo Thanks. I hope that at least by 1.4.1 the problem will be fixed. If you need more information, I am ready to provide it

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 264 posts

Hello @bepumop and we truly apologize for the inconvenience. For now the issue with screen tearing is under investigation.

We'll share more information as soon as we have it. 

Official Response
  • yjsnpkmr
    8 posts

@ubi-oxavo
    Excuse me, the issue has not been fixed now.
    Probably the current high-frame-rate mode is optimized for VRR. It is not bad decision as some people enjoy it.

But many use non-VRR TVs, so we need ANOTHER high-frame-rate mode optimized for non-VRR.
    Please send this message to Canadian studio. I think this topic is extremely important.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4636 posts

Hello there @yjsnpkmr!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing screen tearing whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla on Xbox Series X|S. The development team have been notified of this issue and they are investigating further.

We don't yet have any updates to share from the investigation into this issue. As soon as we have any new details to share from the development team, they will be posted within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will be published in the News & Announcements forum via patch notes, so I'd also keep an eye out for these.

Thank you 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics