Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Athish0612
    1 posts

I am happy to inform you that it is not bugged after the elk boss. You can still do it. The drop percentage is just very low.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2929 posts
    Best Answer

Hey everyone!

Allow me to apologise for the delayed update. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your thoughts and experiences.

@Moonlitwings makes a great comment, and it's something I can agree with based off my own personal experiences with the game. Like many of you, I wasn't able to find any reliable deer hunting spots in Norway - and antler drops were even rarer. I did manage to get one or two antlers, but the majority of antlers I collected came from reindeer within England. There's some good hunting spots near the Rouecistre Blockade in Cent, and around a lake south of Readingham Abbey in Hamntunscire (as some of you have already shared within the thread!) 😊

Additionally, reindeer don't drop hoovers. You should only be able to collect leather and antlers from them. Deer hooves come from much smaller deer (which do still have antlers). As Ubi-Woofer mentions in their earlier post

"the deer you need to hunt have a large rack of antlers and a mane-like ruff of fur around their necks that distinguishes them from the smaller deer and does. "

@CarlHenrikL - Could you let me know where you are trying to find dog fangs from? If I recall, there aren't any dogs in Norway that you are able to hunt for dog fangs. A good spot for dog fangs is also the Rouecistre Blockade in Cent! You shouldn't need dog fangs for the Mild Hunt quest either.

@z97darkstar97 & @hroozenbeek - You might want to check out this megathread regarding the missing NPC in "A Mild Hunt" for more information about this. You can also find more information regarding the Daughters of Lerion in our megathread list as well, z97darkstar97!

Thanks!

Official Response
  • Zlaxtiel
    2 posts

@athish0612 it is bugged, your getting deer hoofs off of them instead of the antlers if you kill the Legendary Elk before you get to the city the first time.
    undefined

• IsatisAngel
    5 posts

@Mamba369

My savior !!!!! You're right, one reindeer near the Valka's Hut drops this ************* antler, the one at the right ! I searched and hunted in the Fornberg area and the one at the left of the hut, for nothing. I tried the one at the right and Bingo, an antler at the first try !!!!
    Thank you so much, I'm a completist too and it was very frustrating.

Have a good day.

• Baker_76
    2 posts

@isatisangel
    ok I am a bit lost. So when you get the deer antlers where do you go to turn in and complete the quest?

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 700 posts

Hi! Thank you for this report. If you spot anything else please let us know! I will forward this up to Valhalla.

Official Response
  • LansSolo
    13 posts

my problem is that I have the antlers but since going to England I can't find the huntress that asked for them. Maybe once I build the Hunter's hut she will be there?

• jimmate
    2 posts

@lanssolo the only thing that quest gives you is 40 silver .. it's a waste of time, i spent literally 3-4 hours hunting reindeer getting the 3 antlers just for 40 silver and she gives you the location of the legendary elk, which is pretty easy to find anyway.

• IsatisAngel
    5 posts

@baker_76

I was in the chapter 3, so the questgiver was still in the same place at Fornberg, in front of her house (near the blacksmith's shop). It was daytime. When I returned to the quest giver, she's bugged at first : the game played again the same dialogue that the ones at the first meeting with her. I talked to her a second time just after, and this time, it was the right new dialogues and end quest I had. The reward is ridiculous (no XP, just 40 silvers and the hint fort the legendary Elk) but.... it's soooo satisfying to conclude this "quest" and have the item disappering of the inventory !

It's so stupid.... I killed reindeers for 1 hour to nothing (but leather)... and thanks to Mamba369, in 10 minutes, with some fast travel to the other region and meditations to accelerate the spawning time, I has killed 4 reindeers, 3 of them gave me the quest item. Incredible !

• AndyRBL
    6 posts

@jimmate where did u find the quest lady? i have the antlers but i cant find her anywhere...

• Revenskrev
    17 posts

Those having issues could try the tested and true savescum trick. Save before killing reindeer (make sure it's not a deer), load if antlers are not dropped.

• jimmate
    2 posts

@andyrbl back in the camp in norway. fordron or whatever it's called, don't think you can hand it in when you get to england. but you can use the deer antlers for hunter deliveries

• D3m0nS92
    4 posts

@lanssolo same problem. Any fix?

• burns26
    2 posts

@zlaxtiel Hmm this must have been what I did....I've been killing them for ages and stuck at 2....

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 816 posts

Hello everyone! 🙂

Thank you for reaching out to report this issue with male reindeer not dropping antlers for the "A Mild Hunt" quest.

I went on the hunt for antlers myself just last night, and while it did seem impossible at first, I think the antlers are just a rare drop. After killing between 15-20 male reindeer, I eventually collected the three antlers I needed. When hunting the reindeer, please make sure you're hunting the large deer with antlers and mane, not a doe (female deer) that are smaller. If you continue to experience issues with procuring the antlers, please keep track of how many you're eliminating and let us know. It would also be helpful to know whether you have already spoiler as well! Personally I had already done so and still managed to acquire the antlers.

Sadly, though, I couldn't find the quest giver to give them back, so I'm in the same boat as many of you on that front! To those experiencing this issue, please rest assured I've reported it to see whether it is intended that the quest giver disappears after completing a certain action, going to England and returning, etc. 🙂

Official Response
  • JenovaQProject
    8 posts

@zlaxtiel Then they should let us get rid of the quest somehow. Mark it done, whatever.

• Kdamme
    3 posts

I have the same problem

• ValagarAloevain
    3 posts

@zlaxtiel the picture you posted was of a deer and not a reindeer, they have a different set of antlers

• comicexpress
    4 posts

@zlaxtiel yep, I have killed a couple dozen, not one antler, but this after killing the legendary elk.

• OTG_Gilamunsta
    32 posts

Drop rate is still an issue for me as of today. I've killed about 20 reindeer so far (and yes, I know the difference between Rudolph and Bambi, thank you very much), and still no drops. Don't care about the quest anymore, but would like the antlers for hunter turn-ins...

• Rensrecluse
    3 posts

@isatisangel can confirm it's the biggest deer and they dont spawn often only those drop antlers

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics