ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sciss0rman
    46 posts

@sempophai I'm almost at 80hrs and I got 4 or 5, I think.
    But that was after I left for Englaland and came back later to do some side stuff in Norway.

Obviously I was not able to finish the antler quest 'cause the lady is not there anymore.

• Sempophai
    10 posts

@sciss0rman I gave up on the lady, but having returned to Norway, I killed I don't know how many more reindeer, still no drops. No idea how many hours in I am now.

• Sciss0rman
    46 posts

@sempophai To have a drop rate on something like that is kinda crazy imo.
    If it's male, they should be dropping antlers every time.

I mean, they don't lose them on their own after they've got killed. 😄

• MuchGRILO
    2 posts

@mamba369

I am having the same issue.

• drnknnmd
    2 posts

The spawn rate of Reindeer in general is also horrendous. I've hunted for hours and only come across 2 or 3 and none would drop antlers. I don't really care about the mild hunt at this point, but I need them to turn in for the hunters hut in Raventhorpe

• omniscient-eye
    5 posts

Same issue (PS4) also having the same with wolf fangs and bear pelt....I killed countless but they never drop

• OTG_Gilamunsta
    33 posts

@omniscient-eye Wolf fangs are what you get from the Arctic foxes (at least that's what they look like to me) in Norway.

• Kieralae
    3 posts

Never gotten a reindoor or a deer antler to drop, at any point in the game (90hrs in)

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hello all,

I just wanted to check back in to see whether this is still a big issue for many of you. 🙂 As I said in my previous post, the deer you need to hunt have a large rack of antlers and a mane-like ruff of fur around their necks that distinguishes them from the smaller deer and does. These can be found most commonly in Norway, and it's beneficial to use Synin to identify these and mark them while hunting.

Please let me know if you consistently fail to acquire antlers from reindeer even after hunting a fair amount (let's say 10+) and I'll follow-up with the team. From my own personal experience, the drop late was low but not excruciatingly rare, so it may just take a little bit of patient hunting. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Zeza_Reignhalt
    5 posts

I have to say i started with 1 antler after about 3 kills however I'm trying to get the 3rd and im on my 60th reindeer at this point. Even the deer hooves stopped spawning. Its definitely bugged on the drop rate.

• Moonlitwings
    6 posts

Just wanted to pitch in, I was having a lot of issues finding reindeer in Norway, but I found plenty of them over in England, Cent, The Weald area, and was able to get antlers by farming that area some (Used raven to mark leather on search). Got all 15 I needed for the hunting orders and the hunter back in Norway (haven't turned in yet, since I've not loaded back over to Norway). Maybe that can offer an alternative to others, if they're having issues.

Edit: For those that don't have the map there yet, it's just north of the river in Cent, on the west/left side.

• andrew187
    2 posts

I got my first reindeer antlers in Cent after 107 hours and nearly that many reindeer. I'd given up on getting the required numbers for the hunting challenge, but then I came upon the double lake southwest of Readingum Abbey. On the Nth side of the lake, it's Reindeer Heaven. I picked up 14 antlers in my first go. Drop rate was close to 50%.

• MissM16
    214 posts

I don't know if this was mentioned already but there are a few reindeer that drop antlers in Norway near Valka's hut (they respawn when you restart the game if you get a few in one hunting trip) They're bigger, fluffier, and have larger antlers than the regular male deer that don't drop antlers.

• CarlHenrikL
    1 posts

Hi, I'm going for the Mild Hunt and I have the same issue. Both reindeer antlers and dog fangs stopped dropping. Played a couple of nights now.

• Kalmarth
    5 posts

@zoz72 Reindeer dont drop hooves only antlers, if your getting hooves your killing the regular deer, look for the ones with the huge antler racks

• TeamStennett
    1 posts

I don't recieve antlers from deer. I am level 200 now and have only ever recieved 1 antler and that was in Norway.

• TF1FB1
    2 posts
    • I've killed about 50 Deers still no antlers is there something I have to do differently

• TF1FB1
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer I still haven't had any luck with antlers dropping

• MassMenace13
    1 posts

No matter how many reindeer I kill I just cannot seem to collect any antlers. Note that my power level is 238, and I have invested plenty of time into the game; not a single reindeer has dropped antlers to this date.

• Kormac67
    1023 posts

@massmenace13

Drop rate is about 50%. I killed a single reindeer in Norway while hunting foxes and it also dropped an antler.

Suggested Topics