Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DeaconRayne
    9 posts

Same here. Once you kill the legendary elk, you get only one reindeer antler.

• DeaconRayne
    9 posts

I really need Reindeer antlers for the Huntsman recipes. So far cannot find any anywhere. I believe that another way to tell if they are reindeer is if they attack you on sight with a red glyph attack. Can anyone confirm? Because if I'm actually killing the wrong type of deer, that would explain a lot.

• lestobiosis
    4 posts

@muchgrilo I’m having the same issue.

• lestobiosis
    4 posts

@kalmarth I am doing that - huge [censored] antler rack... drops a hoof.

• Kormac67
    815 posts

@lestobiosis Then it was a deer and not a reindeer. Watch the video if you need reindeer antlers.

• All4guap
    5 posts

I completed the quest no problem early on and since then have beat the story, and sit at 95% completion so I’m just working on completing my fishing/hunting challenges (logged over 140hours on the game) but trying to get reindeer antlers at this point seems to be impossible. I’ve killed over 20 reindeer in the last few hours with not one antler drop...all I get is leather. And yes I’m sure killing reindeer.

• Kormac67
    815 posts

@all4guap If it took you a few hours to kill 20 reindeer you are doing something wrong. This should take a few minutes in the area shown in the video.

• z97darkstar97
    4 posts

If you’re like me and played a bunch of the game after ignoring this quest because of not being able to get the reindeer antlers, there are a bunch of reindeer I found in Hamtunscire, just east and in view of Stonehenge on a little hill. Don’t know if this will help anyone but there you go lol

• z97darkstar97
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer Any update on how to get the quest-giver to allow you to turn the antlers in? I’ve tried meditating next to her, fast traveling and returning, scaring her away and meditating again, traveling to England and back again, and reloading the game. If there’s anything else you know of or think of it’d be greatly appreciated! (and as a side but actually more important note lol, if you have any advice or information about the Daughters of Lerion bug I’d REALLY appreciate that!! I’ve been able to work around every bug I’ve encountered except these two, I believe.) Hope you have a great day and thank you for jumping in the forums with us 🙂

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@ubi-woofer Even after patch 1.1.1 the shopkeeper in Fornburg is still not available for me to hand her the antlers. Whenever I return to Fornburg she's nowhere to be seen. The shop icon is still being displayed, so there is a bug here either way.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4132 posts

Hey everyone!

Allow me to apologise for the delayed update. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your thoughts and experiences.

@Moonlitwings makes a great comment, and it's something I can agree with based off my own personal experiences with the game. Like many of you, I wasn't able to find any reliable deer hunting spots in Norway - and antler drops were even rarer. I did manage to get one or two antlers, but the majority of antlers I collected came from reindeer within England. There's some good hunting spots near the Rouecistre Blockade in Cent, and around a lake south of Readingham Abbey in Hamntunscire (as some of you have already shared within the thread!) 😊

Additionally, reindeer don't drop hoovers. You should only be able to collect leather and antlers from them. Deer hooves come from much smaller deer (which do still have antlers). As Ubi-Woofer mentions in their earlier post

"the deer you need to hunt have a large rack of antlers and a mane-like ruff of fur around their necks that distinguishes them from the smaller deer and does. "

@CarlHenrikL - Could you let me know where you are trying to find dog fangs from? If I recall, there aren't any dogs in Norway that you are able to hunt for dog fangs. A good spot for dog fangs is also the Rouecistre Blockade in Cent! You shouldn't need dog fangs for the Mild Hunt quest either.

@z97darkstar97 & @hroozenbeek - You might want to check out this megathread regarding the missing NPC in "A Mild Hunt" for more information about this. You can also find more information regarding the Daughters of Lerion in our megathread list as well, z97darkstar97!

Thanks!

Official Response
  • TheNiavi
    2 posts

@mamba369 I am wrapping up my hunting quests and am having the same issue. No antlers are dropping. Finding mostly leather only...frustrating!! I am reading through the thread and will try some of the other recommendations.

• TheNiavi
    2 posts

I went to the area near Rouecistre Blockade in Cent and have FINALLY had luck with reindeer antlers!!!!

• FarronFox
    8 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis

I'm glad to hear you've been able to collect more antlers, @TheNiavi! Thanks for letting us know the location you were able to find them in as well 😊

Official Response
  • EthicalCobra
    7 posts

As it sounds theirs a bug with collecting Antler's in Valhalla and a few other huntable animals in the game.
    For example, the hunter of Eivor's village requires materials and such to eventually complete his delivery quest. However, I went around all 4 maps killing and hunting both deer and elk alike using different methods to try and collect deer antlers, I did this for a few hours and not a single kill gave me antlers, I even watched some YouTube videos to see if I'd done something wrong, I repeated exactly what the videos showed but the result was the same, no antlers. Please fix this T-T

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @EthicalCobra!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble finding antlers in-game. Please note that antlers will only drop from reindeer, and not from the smaller deers. You can identify male reindeer as they have large antlers and a mane-like ruff of fur around their necks.

Can you let me know where exactly you're trying to find elk antlers? In my own experience, it was a lot harder to find antlers in Norway. I was able to find plenty of reindeer hunting spots in England, though! There's some good hunting spots near the Rouecistre Blockade in Cent, and around a lake south of Readingham Abbey in Hamtunscire.

If you're still having trouble collecting reindeer antlers after checking out these spots, please don't hesitate to update us! You also mention that you're having trouble with a few other huntable animals. Can you let me know which animals you're having trouble with, so we can take a closer look?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • EthicalCobra
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis Hello, thank you for trying to help me!
    Sorry that I used the wrong terminology but I've tried hunting both reindeer with antlers and smaller deer without antlers, as I tried hunting the reindeer alone and still didn't get any antlers. I've tried hunting in all areas of Norway, England, Ireland, Asgard, Vinland and Jotunheim. I even tried hunting them with different weapons to see if that might help and still nothing. So far I've killed over 200 reindeer and small deer which only gave over 200 animal hearts. I did this for a few hours.

• EthicalCobra
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis Hello, you tried helping me before, However sorry to say nothings changed I've tried hunting both reindeer with antlers and some smaller deer without antlers mainly the ones with antlers, as I tried hunting the reindeer alone and still didn't get any antlers so I tested killing both. I've tried hunting in all areas and parts of Norway, England, Ireland, Asgard, Vinland and Jotunheim. I even tried hunting them with different weapons to see if that might help and still nothing. So far I've killed over 200 reindeer and around 50 small deer which only gave over 250 animal hearts. I did this for a few hours, please help!

• azullFR
    1330 posts

@ethicalcobra

Hello there,
    antlers are found only on big animals and, as far as I remember, the ones that have a yellowish glow in raven's view.
    But I surprised you couldn't get some antlers, maybe this is a new bug, or the drop rate as been silently changed...

Note : some months ago (November and December) I did a mystery in Norway where an old woman asked for deer's antlers ... in fact she needed elk's antlers : this was a translation problem in french version (I don't know if it has been fixed since there)

Suggested Topics