Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • WaTcHyOiZ
    1 posts

I had a audio problem so I changed from bitstream to pcm and it worked perfect sound.
    I hope this helps someone out there.

• VanixLH
    14 posts

@palpyisback Yeah, we should probably be mindful that the devs are most likely taking it easy and trying to recover from that scare. I'm really glad nothing worse happened, but a situation like that can be pretty traumatising and exhausting either way. I hope they respond to this as soon as they're able and address the issue at hand (which is still significant and inexcusable), but their physical and mental health comes first. I guess this is just a reminder to keep it civil and remember that those are humans in the dev team too. I saw some really disturbing responses to the situation on Friday and I don't think anyone deserves to receive messages like that.

• PalpyIsBack
    4 posts

@watchyoiz where exactly you changed that?

• CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 41 posts

@watchyoiz Just so people are not mistaken, this does not fix all sound issues. The low bitrate issue is inherent to the sound files provided on the disc/download.

@palpyisback He is referring to the sound options set within the console's settings menu. There is no such option available on the PC because the audio is automatically processed as PCM.

@raski0611Hah, yes I have also done the same. Deleted and validate the soundfiles folder hoping someone with the power of Odin fixed it behind the scenes 😆

@brad2707 A pleasure. Game audio is integral to the experience. I love games that I can put my headphones on and completely lose myself, without distraction. When I say distraction, I mean, without having to worry about fundamental audio problems. I didn't invest money in my sound system to receive this kind of kick in the teeth.

On the topic of how game audio is actually produced, the first process is Foley. Its origins are with film, but it is also used by the gaming industry. It is a very subjective and difficult job to execute with flair, but incredibly fun. It's also worth going on a YouTube binge watching all the hilarious videos demonstrating all the different approaches. You have post-processing to worry about, and then you have to mix it into the game so that it ties properly to the game engine.

A lot of sound engineers within the gaming industry now have scripting experience due to the complexity of integrating sound. E.g. FMOD Studio scripting. Foley can be very time consuming, so to cut corners/save money companies will re-use previously recorded assets or seek out pre-recorded sound libraries.

The aim of this thread is to encourage everyone to speak up against the sloppy integration and mixing of sound for this game. Sound is not an afterthought. This thread is for those of you who truly care about getting your money's worth, the full package, not just narrowingly focusing on gameplay and graphics. Ubisoft need to admit and fix the tragic audio problems within this game. I have also been trying my best to explain the technicalities and complexities of the problem as more and more people speak up.

• CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 41 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 41 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 41 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • UbiKoality
    Community Manager 440 posts

Hi everyone! First, I'm extremely sorry for the delayed response here. Support has been working very hard to help all the players coming our way needing assistance. Second, I greatly apologize for the inconvenience that any of these audio bugs may have caused you. If you're still experiencing them at this time, my first recommendation would be to complete our technical troubleshooting guide. Those steps are quick to complete and tend to resolve various technical problems while also potentially correcting bugs! However, if the steps in that guide do not help, it would be very helpful if you could provide as much detail as possible regarding these problems. Videos of the audio bugs would also be greatly appreciated, as I can easily get them reported to the team. Thank you!

Official Response
  • gilly775
    5 posts

@ubikoality Unfortunately, it is hard to capture the audio bug because when it happens now, it usually does so when the game freezes for about 20 seconds. And that's been happening more and more lately. I am currently looking for threads to see if anyone else has posted the freezing issues.

• CaptainStarPaw
    Original poster 41 posts

To let everyone know here, I have posted a more comprehensive write-up covering the sound issues across the past three Assassin's Creed games.

I'm trying to raise awareness of the issue, to educate, and to hopefully prevent this problem from becoming a trend within the gaming industry.

Please take the time to read through and contribute any feedback that might be useful.

Thank you to everyone for speaking up!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/jx8lpc/analysis_assassins_creed_highlights_a_very/

It's a lengthy post, so I would advise having a cup of tea at the ready.

Best regards.

• Shuar
    34 posts
    To let everyone know here, I have posted a more comprehensive write-up covering the sound issues across the past three Assassin's Creed games.

I'm trying to raise awareness of the issue, to educate, and to hopefully prevent this problem from becoming a trend within the gaming industry.

Please take the time to read through and contribute any feedback that might be useful.

Thank you to everyone for speaking up!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/jx8lpc/analysis_assassins_creed_highlights_a_very/

It's a lengthy post, so I would advise having a cup of tea at the ready.

Best regards.

Excellent post mate! Sadly weeks will go by and Ubisoft won't do nothing about it 😞

• Raski0611
    107 posts

Iam not a audiophil person, related to asscreed thats a blessing, but not to notice theres something wrong with AC Valhalla, someone has serious hearing damages.
    I started my long planned second round Odyssey, since i was so hyped. I dont want to ruin first playthrough with this Beta of Valhalla, but if
    they dont fix this issue, it stays unplayed.

Thank you CaptainStarPaw for the analysis and backing up our whining with science✊

• spycewhale
    6 posts

@captainstarpaw

That detailed write up on Reddit was absolutely amazing! I can hear the difference, but lack the technical knowledge to figure out why. Thank you for all the effort you put in.

I really think some kind of proper audio package should be provided as soon as possible. It’s a bad look regardless of what the decision making process was in the background.

• OwO_Wubble
    2 posts

@shuar If it keeps getting talked about, it may get picked up by the gaming journos and may force Ubisoft to correct it.

• A_Gallant_Goat
    3 posts

@captainstarpaw Congrats for hitting over 6K upvotes on r/Games ! Ubi has recently acknowledged some issues with Valhalla audio, but it seems that they were referring to bugs (stuttering, footsteps, etc...), I saw nothing about the overall sound quality of this game. Hope the success of your post on one of Reddit's main subs gets their attention.

• xrayspex_73
    139 posts

@kaerrigan

F12 screenshots crashes this game very often... it's a known issue that Ubi has acknowledged. I think it's an issue with the Ubisoft connect client.

• basemix2007
    10 posts

I started playing on ps4 Pro and had all kinds of sound issues. But i just got a ps5 yesterday and now everything is normal. No loud eivor voice over others and footsteps a normal volume again + the annoying horn. Ambient Nature sounds and the background Music can be heard again.

For me it’s pretty clear that it’s been favorised on the newer generation since all these sound problems is on older generation consoles. Don’t know about pc. I can only speak for Playstation.

• zhead_
    31 posts

@dworkin_cz There's a pinned thread on the support forum where they list all the reported issues, including this one.

• TheRealDaemon
    21 posts

@zhead_

The reported issue megathread was only done by the forum staff to put all the common reported issues into one thread. It says that not all of the megathreads are under investigation. The known issues list is this one:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76980/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-known-issues-updated-nov-11

And it doesn't have anything about audio.

• Zeus_212
    1 posts

Is there any news on a possible patch/audio pack for this? At first I thought I could just soldier through it but it's gotten unbearable!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics