Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Raski0611
    106 posts

Hello, where patch? I bought game november 2020, i want to play it but with normal sound, maybe next year?

• Attanno_
    12 posts

@hieromalex I still have hopes for this game but it seems like this forum has been abandoned by the devs.

This game is flawed in so many ways that I don't think the audio will be fixed this soon (even tho it's been half a year since this problem was brought to the devs ears).

I think that we need to bring our complaints on REDDIT aswell as on this forum. Last time I saw a topic about broken stealth that received more that 2,6k likes (which is a lot compared to the other topics) and it's very likely that the devs heard about it.

We can only hope that by being publicly loud the devs will be obliged to do something about the state of the game as it is now.

• Raenith
    9 posts

This issue appears to be listed under tech issues here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81608/reported-issue-megathread-list-please-check-here-for-your-issue-updated-12-04
    Does this mean its actually being investigated?

• ThreePinkApples
    1 posts

@raenith Sadly, no. That list is for issues that Ubisoft Support is "looking into", but not officially acknowledged by actual dev team (yet). The "Known issues" thread is the one that lists issues the dev team is working on

• Raski0611
    106 posts

Hallo? Wo patch?

• Martian_squid
    4 posts

I bought the game a couple of weeks ago (April 10) and even the intro music is [censored] up: all songs and themes are extremely low and far away, meanwhile "useless" sounds are over everything (footsteps as to speak).
    I tried a couple of options in the menu (PS4 user here) but nothing really changed, I can tolerate some bugs in an ope world, it's normal. But this?
    This killed all the "epicness" in the game, even when on the boat I can't hear the skald singing just 2 steps down Eivor's position, the music is mumbling while the dialogues are extremely high, but without a "decent" presence of the music all the story and the gaming itself feels flat. The usual stupid A.I. of AC games does not help of course, but this absence of music is dumb.
    How can be that a so big issues has not been fixed yet?

• Yesin069
    460 posts

@raski0611

27ter April!

• Kinkslyy
    1 posts

So, I started to play AC Valhalla 2 days before and I decided to stop. Audio in this game is biggest trash in games ever. Iam audio guy, got expensive speakers and headphones and its simple. Music in this game is too too quiet, combat is a little quiet and voice of main character is too loud. This problem have many people, i checked on the reddit and other forums and much much more forums with people who have problem with this. I know most of people (mainstream) have bad speakers and they cant hear it. Its very annoying to play this and common fix this, its fiasco.

• katzenkrimis71
    63 posts

I am audio guy

====

My friend and I worked in the sound department. We were sound mixers/boom ops in the film industry. In fact, my friend still does it today.

Rick would laugh his butt off if he ever played this game.

We would have been fired if our standards were this low. No questions asked.

Big budget productions don't mess around. We'd never work again. It's that simple.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello everyone,

I sincerely apologise for the delay in our update of this thread. We have been monitoring these reports of issues with the audio of Assassin's Creed Valhalla closely, and having passed the information presented to the developers, they would like us to investigate each type of issue separately with anyone affected and gather additional information for their review.

As such, what I intend to do is break this thread down into several smaller threads, more accurately labelled for the different types of audio issues you are all experiencing, e.g. unbalanced sound effect levels, missing sound effects / dialogue / background music, etc. This will take me some time, and in order to do it as quickly as possible, I'll be locking this thread to new replies.

I'll list each of the new threads I create below, so that they can easily be accessed. I apologise if at any point I misunderstand the focus of any posts, and move them to the wrong individual thread(s). Please just tag me and let me know, and we can sort those out!

Thank you all for your patience regarding the audio issues you have been experiencing so far, and looking forward to digging into these even closer with you all when the split has been done. This original thread I'd like to leave as a general discussion of the audio quality in Assassin's Creed Valhalla; once I've moved the various reports out, and have unlocked the thread again, please don't hesitate to continue discussing this here in this thread. Do however post in one of the specific threads if wanting to report your particular issue with audio to us. Thank you! 🙂

New Audio Threads Created:

*More to come*

Last updated 06/05/2021

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics