Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ImSoHotAndSexy
    Original poster 1 posts

I'm getting some really bad shadow flickering in pretty much all areas. It's especially bad in indoor areas. I'm on pc, already tried switching off HDR but no effect.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SoberStone999
    60 posts

@imsohotandsexy I'm having the same flickering issue, things I tried: tweaking graphical settings, changed settings in nvidia control panel, rolled back the drivers. Nothing worked. Guess we just gotta live with it for now, they need to fix this asap since it's pretty annoying.

• Aloquis
    6 posts

@imsohotandsexy Having a similar issue with lighting. White/Black screen flickering. Its literally unplayable.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 429 posts

Hey folks,

Sorry to hear it.

Can you provide a short video clip of this flickering, so we can take a look?

Official Response
  • Aloquis
    6 posts
  • ALonelyWanderer
    9 posts
    Hey folks,

Sorry to hear it.

Can you provide a short video clip of this flickering, so we can take a look?

In my case shadows mostly flicker during cutscenes. (GPU: RTX 2070 SUPER)
    This might not be the right example in some cases the flickering is much more visible, and sometimes the NPC animations are bugged during cutscenes too. (It doesn't happen in every cutscene)
    I tried different graphics settings but I can't find the solution for it. Maybe something stopped working after you ported your engine from D3D11 to D3D12.

• SoberStone999
    60 posts

@ubi-swaggins

I recorded this clip. Sometimes the flicker is worse than this but in this location it always appears while in others it comes and goes based on the player location. 
    https://streamable.com/qi02oj

• darkranger233
    1 posts

@alonelywanderer

This is exactly the problem I'm having. Started yesterday when I began the Arc with Oswald in East Anglia. I thought my GPU was failing on me for a moment after the game crashed. Reverted my overclock and all settings to default. Still happens. Almost exclusive to cutscenes. Although I've scene it at exactly the right angle outside of cutscenes once.

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

Are any of you playing the game in borderless full screen window mode and enabled adaptive sync/freesync?

It's a documented bug with AMD GPUs, but perhaps with Nvidia ones as well?

Either run the game in full screen or turn off adaptive sync/freesync in the driver control panel.

• SoberStone999
    60 posts

@tyranusvader Are you experiencing the same issue? I don't think it's a bug on our end, I think the game is just bad optimised. I've tweaked all possible settings and no luck.

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@soberstone999 I was experiencing screen flicker, but then AMD documented that Freesync and borderless window was the cause. I just had to turn off Freesync and the issue went away.

Scroll down to "known issues"

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2 Release Notes | AMD

Hopefully, it will be rectified in the next driver update.

• SoberStone999
    60 posts

@tyranusvader Thing is I got NVIDIA. I found a spot where the issue occurs 100% during the day, if you could go there and don't see the lighting flickering then I'll know it's not a game's bug but something else. Here is the video, the house is the one on le left coming from the sync point: https://streamable.com/tsjh76
    Let me know if you see it.

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@soberstone999 I have seen that before and it's a game engine issue with the lighting as far as I am concerned. That happens in a lot of places depending on the time of day in the game.

Suggested Topics