Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 127 posts

Can you both remember what missions/activities you did before you did the "A Little Problem" quest? When doing this quest, did you encounter any issues with doing it, or crashes?
    Can you send us copies of your save file over to us via Twitter DM or Facebook PM

Official Response
  • pinoY1603
    1 posts

PC: Same for me as well. I finished the "little problem" quest, but did not get the ability....The wolf is in my room in the longhouse, but I can't do anything with him. Any fix for this already?

• Ibanez921
    19 posts

@ubi-woofer

When I try to attach my video recording of my issue, it tells me that I don't have enough permissions to upload files to my forum posts. 😞

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 699 posts

Hi there! I am sorry that are experienced this. We are aware of this issue and the developers are investigating. Any updates will be communicated when available. Thank you for your patience!

Official Response
  • kylelayton
    2 posts

i recently learned that a ability comes with this quest "mans best friend " in the quest eivor along with 3 children save a imprisoned wolf. at the end of the quest an ability was supposed to be awarded to the player where the wolf can be summoned to attack enemies at range. ive read that some hidden perquisites need to be accomplished in order to get this ability but judging by the videos and posts ive read it was all done through multiple save reloads and trial and error.

ubisoft im asking you directly, can you please patch this ability in the game for people who have completed the quest.

• mimopem672
    3 posts

yes i know that its hard to judge people

• soundersfan84
    16 posts

@ibanez921

post it to youtube or put it on drop box

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@kylelayton you can get the ability also by exploring the world and find a book of knowlege. I know that will not fix your problem in total and you can not reach rank 2 by this way, but you are able to use at least the ability.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@kylelayton

I have that ability but my animal friend disappears after a few moments of travel. I haven't made much use of it like I did in Odyssey.

Off topic slightly, I wish I could disable finishers cause when I fight wolves and other animals I hate those brutal finishers that occur, I really love animals and find it a bit distressing. I tell myself they are only pixels but I'm role-playing with my character so I am slightly emotionally engaged with the game and this aspect is upsetting. If I had to kill an animal Id sure as heck not batter it it to death like a maniac, Id kill it quickly and humanely.

Also why do wolves and other animals follow me for miles to kill me, sometimes I just dont want to kill them and they chase me half way across the map. Shouldnt they give up a wee while out of their territory?

• Ibanez921
    19 posts

@soundersfan84

oh ok, and then just post the link to it?

• behemoth1988
    1 posts

The problem is that the wolf runs off while you follow the kids home to the settlement
    Had this problem myself, in my case it was because the wolf ran after a deer while i followed the kids to the settlement, finished the quest without the wolf being with the kids
    Follow the wolf closely, normally after the deer is death he runs back to the kids again but make sure you dont enter the settlement before the wolf is back with the kids otherwise you dont get the ability.

• NynjaSquirrel
    2 posts

@kylelayton I've done the quest too, exactly as it should be, named the wolf etc - but no ability unlocked either.

• NynjaSquirrel
    2 posts

Just adding my name here, I'm in the same position.

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@nynjasquirrel

Thats ruff man

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 699 posts

Hey folks! The developers are looking into this one as we speak - the cause is under review as we're trying to figure out the exact reproduction steps so we can fix. No updates at the moment, but as always, your continued patience is really appreciated.

Official Response
  • Buzzster99
    12 posts

Mine's Greyed Out and did the whole Save-the-Wolf outside the settlement...but still not working. I've seen others over at Reddit and other sites saying it's a bug/glitch and same thing; greyed out and not able to use it. I've seen my Wolf around and was even in my quarters....pretty sad one of the highlights when promoting Valhalla was able to tame and use a animal...apparently not....😕

• Buzzster99
    12 posts

Thanks for the update yesterday but I'll ad my name...on PS4....got the Book of Knowledge, saved The Wolf outside the Settlement, have the Icon in abilities but in gameplay it stays greyed out. I see the Wolf around the settlement and even in my Room at the foot of the Bed....just adding what I've and others have seen. thanks.....

• guest-F7sEM0OH
    3 posts

Will you please create an updated patch for Man's best friend ability if we already completed the quest? I am way to far along to go back and redo it over and over until it magically unlocks.. Thanks!!

• soundersfan84
    16 posts
    @soundersfan84

oh ok, and then just post the link to it?

Yes just post a link to it.

• phantamlord
    2 posts

I have also faced the same issue 😞

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics