ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• CANN1995
    Original poster 1 posts

I'm a short way into the game and I've just done my first raid on a monastery, felt really good rocking the ship up to the shoreline and blowing the horn, my crew all jumping off the longship and charging up the hill with war cries. I jumed off the ship as Eivor and shot an arrow into the back of a fleeing monk and instantly the game gave me a warning about killing civillians. Now I know that shooting unarmed monks in the back isn't the most honorable thing to do, but I'm simply trying to role play as a vikingr would do at the time. I understand not being able to breach these rules once I am involved with the Assassin's and I have adopted the creed and must live by it's tenents but as a simple Viking raider it just makes little sense to spare these people, I found it very immersion breaking. What are other people's thoughts on this?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@cann1995 I haven't had that happen yet but I agree with you 100 percent. I'm pretty sure there were no non-soldiers in my first raid. They were all soldier NPC's and we killed them all. That would seem weird not being fully immersed in the assassin's role yet, I mean, getting the "thing" doesn't make you an assassin yet, not in the first 30 mins of the game.

When I was watching all the trailers and reading about the game the past few months all I heard was about being a viking and raiding, pillaging and burning the crap out of everything, I mean, they focused on the raid aspect of gameplay. Not to kill non-soldiers makes no sense at all as a damn viking. I mean, did anybody from Ubisoft not watch the Viking cable series?!?!

The other part that ruins it for me is the whole switching from Animus Layla to Alexios/Eivor, but that's the topic of another discussion.

• FlashXAron
    23 posts

@cann1995 even it is your mission to raid a place , it is still evil ... so does the game count HOW EVIL we are ? I even asked, if it is possible not to do the Raids, which isn't !
    Does the monk attacked you or simple flees ? So at least I could try not to be the evilest viking on earth 🙂
    Is there a statistic, how evil we are ? Or just the warnings ?

• JPWiseguy
    2 posts

Yes. When I got to the first raid on the Monastery, I was overjoyed and said "WOW MAN, this game really is awesome, what a rush!" but then when I started killing the civilians, the game told me killing them could result in desynchronization? Wait what?! That really dialed it back a few notches for me.

The Viking raiders did not spare anyone during a raid, not even women and children... unless it served their own purposes in some way or they made a conscious decision to be merciful for whatever personal reason. I think injecting our modern world's values (which are mostly based on the Abrahamic religions that the Norse heathens despised) into a game about Vikings is just... f#$king lame... which is putting it lightly.

Suggested Topics