Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• strigoi1958
    Original poster 24 posts

I'm assuming we can still take a screenshot using F12 as well as photo mode. Anyway I have always like taking screenshots of cinematic moments to use as desktop wallpaper, however, if I use F12 it freezes the game, I still hear sound but the picture is frozen. I have not tried a screenshot during the game only twice in cinematic moments. I've set all ubi connect and all exe files to run as administrator. I recently had my system wiped by a Windows Cor-update 🙂 and perhaps my firewall is a problem.

Anyway, the game is amazing. It's as though every great thing every previous AC game is here (with a little Tomb Raider.... which I love)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• strigoi1958
    Original poster 24 posts

@strigoi1958 Perhaps a moderator can delete this thread. It was a firewall issue.

• Radi3nt
    16 posts

@strigoi1958 Hi, i run into the same issue. How did you fix it ?

• strigoi1958
    Original poster 24 posts

@radi3nt

Hi, I typed firewall in my search box.
    Clicked Allow an app or feature through windows defender firewall.
    Then I clicked Change settings
    Then I clicked Allow another app
    Then I clicked Browse
    Then I searched to the Ubisoft games folder and added each of the .exe files

All the ones that start with Ubisoft... (probably all of them are not needed but I did just to be certain 🙂 )
    you may have to do each one individually.

undefined

• Radi3nt
    16 posts

Cheers. I tried it and it's been stable so far.

• strigoi1958
    Original poster 24 posts

@radi3nt

I'm glad it worked, enjoy Valhalla 🙂

• xrayspex_73
    150 posts

@strigoi1958

I'll give it a shot. I was finding that F12 screenshots were crashing the game 25% of the time or so.

I don't know why a firewall should be necessary for us to take LOCAL screenshots, but if its stops the crashing...

• kariwashere
    6 posts

It also happened to my game pressing F12 caused it to freeze, weird that I have to accept it through firewall but glad that this thread was here to tell me what to do 😄

• alphamachina
    42 posts

Adding these to the Firewall did keep the game from crashing, but if you try to screenshot during a dialogue or cut scene, it will crash to the desktop.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 789 posts

Hi all,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

We are aware of some issues with F12 causing a crash, and this has been passed on to the team to be looked into.

@strigoi1958 Thank you for providing that workaround, I've let the team know this has helped.

Official Response
  • xrayspex_73
    150 posts

@ubi-baron

Yeah the workaround doesn't work that I can tell. I still crash when taking screenshots (not everytime, but most of the time)

• Sue_xee
    19 posts

@ubi-baron I set my screenshot hotkey as F11 and it causes freeze and crash too.

I don't think it's F12 or any key resulting in this, but very probably the Uplay screenshot function.

• Gorgonselma
    27 posts

@ubi-baron Not a workaround. Because it doesn't work.

• danielcsich
    7 posts

It is not a solution. The F12 button still doesn't work, the display FPS doesn't work either. The firewall changes did nothing. In my case, it only happened when I combined windows key + F12 when wanting to capture screen with Windows key + ImpPnt.

• alphamachina
    42 posts

Yeah, I'm still crashing with F12. So the firewall thing doesn't work at all. Some other function keys don't do what they're supposed to do either. All of this massive amount of bugginess is what CDPR are trying to avoid with Cyberpunk 2077. Hopefully after so many delays, that game won't be quite the bug-ridden mess this one is. I'm still enjoying this game, however.

• Gorgonselma
    27 posts

I've start to use OBS (sound thingamabob) for screenshots, no issues so far now, with more amount of shots than by ubstuff.

• LV_TITAN
    1 posts

@alphamachina

Anyone got a fix for it?

Suggested Topics