Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asryan2a
    55 posts

Same for me.

i tired to mail ubi, posted some topics on the forums, tried to contact via facebook or twitter, NO ANSWER.

We payed for a game and since the issue isn't isolated it's coming from the game !

• MoZz-DK
    2 posts

same problems here, it started after 30hours gameplay, my gpu is around 140f/60c and cpu is around 90f/40c ingame.
    i have downgraded to 456.71 drivers still crashing.

• MANHATTAN_GOON
    1 posts

having the same issue, crashing 15-30 minutes in rendering the game unplayable. happens usually during combat, on a mount or sailing. i9900k/2080Ti/32gbRAM. first it was crappy FPS optimization, stuck in walls, crashes, broken quest, glitchy skies, now I can't even play the game. please Ubi investigate this and hear our pleas!

• Legionary_Ant
    2 posts

If I run the game with environment settings on High the game freezes after some time but if I change the environment settings to medium all crashes are gone.

I read that this a VRAM leak problem which Ubisoft addressed in the latest patch 1.04.
    But the game keeps freezing with environment settings on High.

My Specs:
    RTX 2070 S
    i7 8700k
    32 GB RAM

• Ryusennin
    71 posts

Same random freezes on Ryzen + Vega, especially since patch 1.04.

I can play 5 hours straight without any issue, then another game session can crash 20 minutes later (be it while in combat or looking at the inventory).

• MountainMadman
    1 posts

Same. Sporadic freezing occurring on a Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM and RX5700 XT. Didn't used to happen before the latest patch. I've found that closing the Internet browser before launching the game helps.

• Ciaossu-
    25 posts

I can play this game like 4-5hrs with no crash, then this past few days since new patch I've been experiencing sudden freeze in game 😞

• Bushwickedly
    109 posts

I notice rare character freezes (can't move but camera moves and game still runs) which seem tied to auto saves. Would be nice if we could either turn them off, or lower their frequency to once every 15 minutes or something. Seeing 5 autosaves occur every minute over a 5 minute span isn't normal and can introduce a ton of unwanted bugs.

• Asryan2a
    55 posts

I managed ot played hours withotu crash yesterday and right now 2 crashes in 30m.. it's driving me crazy

• LopataTURBO
    4 posts

Game clearly started crashing after patch.Till patch i had 100h ingame and not a single crash.Its that simple..

• YazX_
    145 posts

today i got my first 2 freezes, music plays but everything else freeze, had 72 hours on record, not a single crash nor freeze before, but i had my first freeze while fighting a zealot, then killed process and played again, now it froze while in raid, looks like something goes wrong while fighting especially if the fight is taking long time, this is the common situation between both.

and one more thing, all happened in Essexe, i'm around 60% progress in the story and had many locations completed.

Ryzen 3700X
    Asus ROG 1080 Ti
    16 GB G.Skill Royal 3600 Mhz RAM

Nothing Oced, all stock.

• Plan3tCrackr
    46 posts

I use Ubisoft+ and have had crashes with both 1.02 and 1.04 patches, didn't start playing until 1.02 patch. Using older Radeon 20.9.1 drivers seem to cause fewer crashes than the latest 20.11.2 drivers, but crashes can still occur at random whether in menu, a battle or simply standing around scratching twigs and berries. I've completed every troubleshooting step but no improvements. One note, I couldn't get the the New Game / Options start screen until moving the game to my OS drive and renaming the game folder without an apostrophe; I'm not sure if one or both of these actions caused the game to finally fully launch. Regardless, the first crash happened 10 minutes after first gameplay.

Please allow showing of signatures that worked when the Beta forums launched so I don't have to keep posting PC specs: X470-F, 2700X, 5700 XT Nitro+, 16GBCL14, NVME, 650WGold, 1080p60Hz, 1440p144Hz

• DutchDerq
    11 posts

@lopataturbo Same here. Problems started after latest patch.

• DutchDerq
    11 posts

Try this fix guys:

• DutchDerq
    11 posts

@dutchderq so far so good. Seem to work.

• Plan3tCrackr
    46 posts

@dutchderq
    Already tried the page file increase size trick and still have it active, shouldn't need unless a massive memory leak exists. Still crashes / freezes with manually increased page file size.

• Ciaossu-
    25 posts

@dutchderq did try this. yeah I did not experience a single crash yesterday. But now game crash again 😞

• YazX_
    145 posts

DONT play with the page file, it has nothing to do with the problem, best thing and recommended from MS is to leave page file and virtual memory to auto managed, and if there is a memory leak, it would be obvious based on the amount of memory the game is using, mine total RAM (including windows and other stuff) usage is 10GB and 6 GB VRAM, so even with the memory leak, it wont affect anything, its something to do with the game, anyone tried offline as it might be something to do while playing online??

• BendelaBoombr
    Original poster 42 posts

@yazx_ I tried to play offline and still freezes the game.

there are days i played for more than 2 hours up to 4 hours without freezing, but as soon as the game freezes over it will freeze every 10 seconds or 5 minutes impossible to play.

strange game works normal for 4 hours, and has days that freezes every 10 seconds of gameplay.

• LIVBOG
    3 posts

it's frustrating , after 5 min of play the game freezes
    i cannot play for 10 min straight😢

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics