ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 28 Likes/343 Replies/2598 Views
    ziggurcat
    167 posts

@martygod12 The gear you buy from the store isn't core game content. I despise MTs like anyone else, but I haven't felt that this game has been trying to get me to buy into them at all. I felt that the whole time in Origins as well as Odyssey.

When you have to spend tens of thousands of drachmas to get a weapon from a merchant or millions of drachmas just to fully upgrade weapon enhancements, and you get a pittance of gold from chests/enemies/gladiator bosses, that clearly shows that they're pushing you to feel the need to buy into their booster packs. Not once have I had to grind for hours just to get enough money to buy a weapon or any other kind of material from the merchants in Valhalla. Not once have I felt like I was constantly playing catch up to keep my gear up to snuff.

Besides, none of the gear they offer in Valhalla the store is any good to begin with. By the time you get to power level 400, none of the perks that might be better than any of the core game gear have any real impact anymore, which makes the argument that they're hiding the best gear behind a paywall moot.

• martygod12
    247 posts

@ziggurcat Its not about stats its about variety and customization options, there is barely any in the core game, only 10 armor sets so you have really limited options and if you want more options you have to pay for the store items, so there. There should be much more gear to choose from in the core game but they are adding gear only into the store for the price.

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@martygod12

exactly and i want to say bear for example you only have 3 sets to choose from thats not a lot.

also the stats on the armor and weapons are poorly designed

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

@martygod12

"Its not about stats its about variety and customization options"

There's enough of that in the game for me. AC has never been about character customization anyway. If you're that concerned with that aspect, then you're playing the wrong game.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

And besides, most of the customization has been in the tattoo variations. I've had the torso or helmet armours toggled as invisible the whole time, and have just changed up the tattoos. Once I got the HIdden Ones armour up to max, that's the armour I stuck with (the nicest-looking armour prior to that was the default Raven Clan for me, honestly), and it's really the only armour I've stuck with in any AC game (or the Master Assassin outfits in the iterations prior to Origins since both Origins and Odyssey didn't have that because the Brotherhood didn't exist in either of those games).

• martygod12
    247 posts

@ziggurcat Then clearly we have different taste in games, I for one very liked their approach with Origins and Odyssey going more RPG with lot of gear variety and customization, so Valhalla is dissapointing for me, but I can see someone is viewing it differently.

I didnt mind it in older AC games, but after Origins and Odyssey superb variety and customization I just cant go back to the "almost no gear" system thats in Valhalla. Thats maybe an unpopular opinion, but I kinda like the Origins and Odyssey style better then the original ones.

Kinda wish they split the series into two different releases, one being true AC experience like oldschool AC, based on stealth, Brotherhood with Templars conflict etc. and other an RPG from AC universe, based on other plots and Assassins-Templar war just in the backround, with great gear variety, random loot, great customization options, RPG elements and mechanics you know like Odyssey.

Like if Odyssey started a new game series only set in the same universe.

• martygod12
    247 posts

@ziggurcat
    you cant design a game for players to spend 100's of hours in and then have basically no loot especially i n a game where your hero is meant to kill many and many enemies.
    makes no sense. Afterall to some degree then enetire game is based around fetch quests (if you really break it down), collecting things and items and upgrading stuff.
    So yeah a big part of that envolves loot: armor and weapons and how you custimazise that for you as a player. Having basically no options as it stands right now is a huge missed oportunity.

if the game would have been only 20-30 hours mainly story driven then it would be a different matter. But who really want to spent 100's of hours in a game playing a hero that look sthe same for that duration of time. Thats just boring.
    Just as in real life where you dress differently every day, this is something you want t o do in a game too.

A repost from another topic by Asgardian02 just curious what you think of this opinion?

I know some players prefer dont change her looks in the game at all, but a lot of them me included love the customization (I have changed visuals in Odyssey every few hours just triying different combinations and it was amazing) and we just dont have any options in game 😞

Its a huge issue for my and I guess a lot of other players, for me to the extend where I cant even play the game, because I just dont have any fun exploring because of this issue.

• martygod12
    247 posts

@asgardian02 Lol its your post, its okay by you that I have reposted it here?

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@martygod12
    yeah, no problem.

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts
    If some people have dificult to understand yet...
    I will show why its boring to explore with no rewards..

I found a gold point on my map..
    it was a house with many guards..
    I killed all guards..
    1 of the guards gave me a broken bow...
    and i defeated a great guard, with no loot...
    undefined

undefined

Ok.. now I finally can open my chest!!
    so...
    undefined

My rewards: 55 leather and 54 metal...
    its the same loot all game long... This name is GRIND!!!!
    Serious??!?!
    How can you like it?!?!?
    If I want materials, I would be destroy the droped itens of guards or the chest to get this materials... If there has loot...
    Why the guards protect an empty house?!?!
    Why a stupid chest is marked as golden point in my map?!?!
    Exploring is boring when you dont have rewards...
    What will encourage me to search for all points on the map now? If I lost my time..
    ITS THE POINT WHY THE LACK OF EQUIPMENTS SPOIL THE OPEN WORLD RPG AC VALHALLA

Try to understand please:
    Loot in Odyssey you can sell to get money, destroy to get materials, use this gear because the stats, get the visual to transmog... it was rewardable!
    You can do what you want!!
    and there was legendary armors (with exclusive visual and stats, like the ACV gears)
    The diference is the amount of gears and how to get material!
    In Odyssey is a complete system, if you dont like to change the gear (like ACV) just upgrade the same all game long... easy...
    In ACV its a empty world (see my example above please) and have no options.. just 10 equipments with useless stats when you have 400 of power... lack of visuals (or you can pay on market $$$$), lack weapons.. just explore to get material to upgrade the same gears every time...

So, IMO:
    Very boring exploration!! NO REWARDABLE!
    The people loved it (just see the posts!)
    And now with more cash gears $$$
    And with almost 350 post, none Ubi team gave us attention...
    I gave up... sorry..
    Im no trust any more..
    AC (or any Ubi game) never more in pre launch...

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

For those who like historical accuracy..
    Sauron is coming!

How can I take this game seriously?
    Sorry....
    undefined
    Font: print from Youtube

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@jpabenites

this is exactly how i feel.

Granted i am still playing but thats only because there are almost no melee combat oriented games.

Still i feel the pain all the time.
    The game doesnt reward your time invested, it feels weird that enemies dont drop loot.
    The bonus on the weapons, shield and armor that drop are pretty darn lackluster. Due to this builds are not needed, and theorycrafting and trying builds is part of the fun in a game.
    the rune system and especially the socketing is horrible designed.

Why didnt they add slots foor rings and a necklace with stats to the game to add on odyssey for more diversity towards build.
    A socket for an armband would totally make sense and a necklace too.
    Your trousers stay the same all game long, the visuals are so terribly boring.
    PLayed 129 hours sofar and my hero still looks the same from the start : butt naked with tats, which i am forced to do as the gold armor pains my eyes 😞

Origins and odyssey had this system where you could upgrade your assisan weapon, why did they discard that?

i remember many topic were ppl asked for more customisation towards your mount too, why isnt our inventory part of the saddlebags for example, what happend to horsebackj fighting.

in so many ways its just a step down from odyssey and odyssey wasnt perfect by any means, but from playing valhalla its starting to look better and better

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@jpabenites i dont know but i believe who ever is responsable for this game develop, played shadow of war, because the armours are very similar from that game... also very repetitive too.. now they are releasing a sauron looking one..

• martygod12
    247 posts

@jpabenites Yeah this a complete joke.

Player base: please Ubi give us more armors to the game there is no variety.

Please give us more historically accurate armors there are barely any in the game.

Ubisoft response: here you go there you have some stupid fantasy WOW style armors with over the top lighting and visual added to the store for more money enjoy!!

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@martygod12

if playerbase asks for more weapons and diversity its meant to be a request to be in the actuall game, not for their goddarn ingame money store!! 😞

I am not buying a game for 60 euro only to spend more money for over the top and ridocusly priced and looking armor.

I dont get a any feel or satisfaction whatsever of playing a gaem and using armor that was bought be real money. Reason for me to play a game is to do stuff in said game and be erward from my time with cool items.

• martygod12
    247 posts

@asgardian02 Exactly! You dont get any satisfaction whatsoever by playing this game.

Its even worse with the store ... you pay and things just appears in your inventory .. even if you put the fact that you need to pay extra money to get that gear it still totally underwhelming and unrewarding how you obtain the gear .. it is not by far the same when you work towards getting the gear by playing the game, killing bosses etc.

But well we can talk about it over and over again but nothing is going to change .. ubisoft clearly made they choice with how they want to care about this game after release. its sad but its the reality

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts
  • FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@jpabenites Well here I was considering getting back into Valhalla, and I see this horrid abomination. Ugh.

• martygod12
    247 posts

https://screenrant.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-microtransactions-prioritized-free-dlc-ubisoft/

There you have IT as for now there Is the same amount of armor sets in the store that Is in the base game 😄 this Is completely ridiculous.

I can't believe after such a great game Odyssey was we are left with this garbage of a game with decitfull And agressive microtransactions. Its sad.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@jpabenites

yes pls, lets wish they really hear us 😞 it feels like they are just ignoring us

Suggested Topics