Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 28 Likes/343 Replies/2335 Views
    JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts
    undefined

not everything is broken ... chest items could be very well preserved, no justification ..

• martygod12
    247 posts

@jpabenites I hate killing the elite enemies and bosses in this game. They are tough and it just take so much time adn you get absolutly nothing for wasting your time with them. Honestly at this point I often just run pust them, loot the chest and run away,

And when it is not a wealth chest I dont even bothher going there for some leather and ore lol.

• martygod12
    247 posts

@jpabenites Exactly this. What you showed with the pictures is Valhalla in a nutshell. This is the problem with the game, you do those chest hunts at the beggining sure, then you find out that there is nothing worth doing it in there so you do it occasionally just to upgrade your armor and stay relevant so you can continie with the story, but after you finish the story you have absolutelly no reason of continue doing it, or even playing the game.

Damn when you are supposed to play the game for hundrets of hours exploring the world you cant just have only 10 armors which you all can find really quickly in the game (except for few) and then have nothing to go for. In Odyssey even after I have finished story I still had so many unfound weapon and armor designs, I still had to level up to get the new color variations, doing stuff in the world to uprgrade runes etc. there was so much reasons to play even after the game ended. Here I just cant imagine why I would continue to play after story ending.

• Saku_77
    8 posts

yes please!

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

undefined

Nice "gear" (its not a really gear, but I liked this), its a special quest with a reason to change the visual (no spoiler)...
    The game has nice set models, just see the NPCs.

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts
    @jpabenites I hate killing the elite enemies and bosses in this game. They are tough and it just take so much time adn you get absolutly nothing for wasting your time with them. Honestly at this point I often just run pust them, loot the chest and run away,

And when it is not a wealth chest I dont even bothher going there for some leather and ore lol.

Yeah. I guess, this is the biggest downside for me as well. Difficult challenges are not rewarding enough.

• martygod12
    247 posts

@jpabenites Too bad only the NPCs have the game we wanted 😄

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

How about a compromise everyone would love? At least I hope they do 🙂

You know the stores? They share an inventory. There isn't much equipment you can buy there. How about them having actual armor sets for sale? Every vendor can have a different set of armor you normally can find on NPCs. I think this would be the best compromise as the vendors are lacking so much because they share their inventory. People want to have the armor NPCs wear (and just be it for cosmetic purposes).

• martygod12
    247 posts

@souldrinkerlp Yes sure that is a start and I think (or at least hope) that we will see this in next months in the game. But it would be nice to also have some armors as rewards so you have the drive and reason to complete every bit of the game. I know it is hard to implement since lot of player already done most things or a lot of things in the game. But maybe for those who completed it the items would just appear in they inventory and it would be up to them if they want to continue with new gear or start over and come across that gear as rewards or I dont know. Me personally I would gladly start the game from the beggining if I knew that there are much more new gear as a rewards for exploration.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@souldrinkerlp

Yeah that would be a very simple and easy solution and one Id be happy with but Id also love rewards (new armours mostly) for boss fights and exploration rewards, especially some of those tricky puzzles, gosh I got so cross yesterday doing a simple fetch quest then having to do the longest jumping puzzle type exploartion as part of the fetch quest in which I had to locate and find 3 separate keys to finish the quest. For completing that 30 minute jumping puzzle (all by myself this time) was one of those nickle ingots, just ONE NICKLE INGOT!!

I was so angry, oh gosh what a waste of my time, I can buy that in the store for 300 silver and save myself half an hour of stress. Although I still needed that quest item so yeah...words fail me.

Here's my flyt for Ubisoft

Please UBISOFT listen to my plea
    Fix the rewards, its not just for me
    We need nice new armours and great weapons too
    To make exploring more fun and rewarding to do

• FGx1988
    101 posts

@cell1e would totally agree, for killing some of the ragnar draugr and the zealots it would be more rewarding when we would get a new weapon or armor

• martygod12
    247 posts

Excellent review, when he sums up basically everything thats wrong with this game. He doesnt talk about the loot/rewards much but he mentions it around 11:25 of the video.

This video has over 200k views in less than 10 days and almost 10k likes, it is a proof that this game has serious issues.

I dare to say that in the next weeks and month even more and more players will emerge on internet or here at the forums and complain about how dissapointing this game is.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@martygod12 Views and Likes are hardly any form of validation. Fans of the channel will like everything regardless if they agree or not. The like is for the video and creator. Not for the content itself.

The first thing he says can be said 1:1 about Odyssey. The pacing is totally [censored] in both games.

About the combat: I like slow combat. I love Dark Souls. Maybe that's why I don't feel the combat is so bad? Of course it is still far far away from anything like Dark Souls. I would love for AC to have a Dark Souls(-esque) combat system tho. (But this is my personal preference)

The heavy attack spam doesn't work on every enemy btw. But I also think this is bugged. The stamina bar is empty and you can still use heavy attacks.

• martygod12
    247 posts

@souldrinkerlp Ok so what about this is one of the most comented topics in this discussion and I would say there are deffinitelly more players who agree and are also dissapointed with the lack of equipment and rewards in the game?

The problem is there you can close you eyes all you want, but it is there and lot of people are dissapointed with it.

And I seriuously dont think that if the game was so good the video would have that many likes.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@jpabenites I think they know how popular gear and builds are. So why sell something once when you can sell it twice. Look for it to come in the future, for sale of course.

• Netspook
    287 posts

@souldrinkerlp
    Only partially true.

I clicked like on that video, because I liked its contents. Don't assume everyone is a fanboy.

Also, if he had talked about the plethora of bugs, I'm sure even more would have clicked like, as a thank you for the warning.

• martygod12
    247 posts

Since we are talking about loot/gear here I am gonna repost it, cause maybe all of you doesnt watch the other topic also:

You know I am gonna write here just one last post.

I am really sad how Valhalla turned out, and it is because I generally love Ubisoft games. Yes I know that it is somehow controversial company, which many players dont like, I would even say many players hate. But I am not one of those people.

Yes their games being criticised for being repetitive and shallow and the story being only average etc. etc. Yes somehow it is true, Ubi games are very simillar, whenewer it is AC or Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Division or Ghost Recon and others, yes they are all adapting the simillar pattern and gameplay, yes they games tend to be repetivie and somehow only average, but there is some big plus some big upside and big selling point those game has, and that is the open world element. Their worlds are beuatiful, large, detailed, and full of possibilities, options, rewards and customization. Doesnt matter if it is a latest AC games, Ghost Recon, Division, Watch Dogs or others. their games always had this one big thing which kept you playing them and enjoy them to the fullest even though their stories and gameplay was somehow average. You know they always managed to make their games in a way that even if the story, gameplay or mechanichs wasnt something new or groundbreaking, the game was always a big fun and you can easily spend tens even hundrets hours in their games, especially their lates AC games. And it was that their games were rewarding and fun to explore.

But sadly this is not the feeling I have with Valhalla, I am woried and I think that the game was stripped of its core mechanics of the thing what makes Ubi games so great and fun, and it is the general feeling from the world, from its exploration and design. You know they alway manage to somehow make the world and its exploration meaninfull and rewarding, there was always enough weapons/armors or general loot to make the game exciting and fun even when you did the same thing 30th time over again. And that is something what Valhalla really misses. Because if you want it or not after the while even their side activities which tend to be uniqe and diverse at first becomes really repetitive and boring, but instead of other Ubi games in Valhalla you dont have that "loot factor" if I say it like that, you know that thing what keeps you excited even though you are doing basically the same thing over and over again. That was the thing what made Ubi games always so great in past few years.

In Valhalla they went with minimum almost none loot or rewards and they thought that they can drag the game heavily on the story. But it just dont work, sadly the story and generally all the side stories are just ok, they are not bad, but they are also not great enough for story being the only reward you get for exploration and playing the game. And when the game lacks the Ubi core game design which was always a plenty of items/gear/rewards for playing the game, it makes Valhalla somehow a drop out game. A game which you wont even finish or maybe only the main story just to know how it played out, but not the game what you play multiple times, or the game where you explore every corner of the map and spend hundrets of hours in it, because the world and the content outside the story is basically empty and not interesting enough to play. You just dont get that vibe that joy or drive which makes you explore and play the game even after the story is finished,

I wrote a lot of criticism about this game here, and its because I am a big fan of Ubi games, especially the AC games, which is one of my most favourite gaming series of all time. And because of that I am really sad, angry, and dissapointed how this game turned out, because it breaks all the things and misses all the things whats great about Ubi games, seriously I think it is their worst game they made in last five years maybe even more, and it pains me really much because after Origins and Odyssey I was so sure that Valhalla will be perfect that it will be THE next step you know, the greatest of the series, but I am nothing but dissapointed, and that comes from a big fan of Ubi games,I am so sorry if I was overreacting or being too critic in previous posts, but it is mostly because I am really dissapointed and angy, I sadly have to say that I was never that dissapointed with Ubisoft game ever 😞 Thats all.

• p4trick77
    6 posts

i agree,we need more equipment with better perk/bonus and i would like to have more and better perk/bonus for the weapon like odyssey (bow who shot fire arrow/poison without use ability)

• kanivalaceo
    16 posts

no please no more grindfest, no more diogenes mechanics, not stay 1/3 of the game dismantling trash, not please, this is not what an rpg needs, this is [censored] garbage mechanics... go to play wow, or the division... i dont want to kill 10 deer to upgrade my bag not please. This is a good ac game.

• FGx1988
    101 posts

@p4trick77 I don't like the Odyssey bonuses, because some of those bonuses were OP and some were really useless. Its correct that the standard weapon/set bonuses are all not so powerfull, but thats the reason why you don't have completly useless weapons/sets like in odyssey and that gives us the freedom to play with all weapons/sets and not just with one or two. Now you can decide by your own what bonus your weapon/armor should have with rune-slots that you unlock when you upgrade your gear to mythical. Thats a way better option to customize your gear and it was a really good decission by Ubisoft in my opinion.

Suggested Topics