Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• martygod12
    240 posts

@kanivalaceo [censored] are you talking about have u even played the game? there is absolutelly nothing worth doing besides of the story ... this is not just my opinion .. lots of people agree that this is one of the most unrewarding games they ever played and for a reason .. I am not saying that loot has to rain from the sky like in Diablo, but at least some of it in a freakin massive open world game, which only its main stoly takes 60!! hours to complete, would be nice, but there is close to none and almost no meaningfull rewards for exploration ... thats what is discussed in this and other topics all the time and its true

yes you right AC wasnt a RPG at first, but they went with RPG in Origins and Odyssey and Valhalla is supposed to be the same, yet they didnt include the most basic thing RPG should have, they should either go full oldschool AC, small map heavily based on the story, or stayed with Origins and Odyssey style, but they instead made a complete mess of Valhalla

• martygod12
    240 posts

@kanivalaceo And I dont know how it would be a grindfest if there was maybe 30 armor sets in the game instead of only 10 and there will be only one piece of every armor and you would get them by playing the game (questing, exploration, side activities, secrets etc.) Tell me where do you see a grindfest in it?

• kanivalaceo
    16 posts

@martygod12
    man my english is poor, is rdr2 bad game? you not have a reward for explore it?... go to play wow... you are 1 lvl better the same equip but 1 level better... funny......

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@kanivalaceo

Well I like mmos but I also like single player rpgs/action adventures games and shooters..and in all of those games I like a selection of armours to choose from. I know many other gamers who like the same games as I do and also love a great selection of armours and weapons to choose from, after all this is 2020 not 2007.

We all like different things about a game, but surely one cant complain if they have too many armours to choose from, its like complaining I have 'too much money'! 🙂

• martygod12
    240 posts

@kanivalaceo sorry but rdr2 is a different level in terms of quality of the story, and even though it has much more character customization options than Valhalla

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

@kanivalaceo
    Sorry, Grindfest???
    Grind is explore a giant world with suposed rich golden chest (pointed on map) to find only metal and leather to improve a few gears...
    Grind is kill animals and destroy rocks to get more leather and metal to improve the same items...
    Grind is complete raids to get only resources to upgrade your base, to do things that you would do in the city as blacksmith, vendor and others... The game removed this npcs in the city to force you to upgrade your base...
    But you cant complete all raids in sequence... you need to have "power" (level with other name).. So you need to grind exp too!!!
    In Odyssey you can choose what you want to do with the drops.. destroy to get materials, sell to get more money.. use because the atributes.. you get the transmog (visual) to change your legendary gear... You just improve your gear if you really want to do this, otherwise, you just equip other more powerfull, no grind...

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts
    If some people have dificult to understand yet...
    I will show why its boring to explore with no rewards..

I found a gold point on my map..
    it was a house with many guards..
    I killed all guards..
    1 of the guards gave me a broken bow...
    and i defeated a great guard, with no loot...
    undefined

undefined

Ok.. now I finally can open my chest!!
    so...
    undefined

My rewards: 55 leather and 54 metal...
    its the same loot all game long... This name is GRIND!!!!
    Serious??!?!
    How can you like it?!?!?
    If I want materials, I would be destroy the droped itens of guards or the chest to get this materials... If there has loot...
    Why the guards protect an empty house?!?!
    Why a stupid chest is market as golden point in my map?!?!
    Exploring is boring when you dont have rewards...
    What will encourage me to search for all points on the map now? If I lost my time..
    ITS THE POINT WHY THE LACK OF EQUIPMENTS SPOIL THE OPEN WORLD RPG AC VALHALLA

@kanivalaceo please, look this!!!!

• Netspook
    261 posts
    @martygod12
    man my english is poor, is rdr2 bad game? you not have a reward for explore it?... go to play wow... you are 1 lvl better the same equip but 1 level better... funny......

@kanivalaceo
    Is that all you can say to people you disagree with - "go play wow"?

You really sound like a broken record.

• kanivalaceo
    16 posts

@netspook
    i can say a lot of things in my lenguage... do you want a good rpg? play disco elysium. can you see what was ubisoft at the start of ps4 xbox 360 generation and what is now? but no problem, listen people like you that not have his reward after.... play a game? lost your time?. Do you want 2% more on critic or do you want you see your character cool or do you want your candy... what do you want?.

• lordsarx
    8 posts

Alot of the armor and weapons in valhalla is locked behind power level, in odyssey we could get cooler combinations of gear randomly.

• martygod12
    240 posts

@kanivalaceo Sorry but you completely miss the point about what we all are complaining here. Nobody saying that there must be tons of loot raining to you from all sides, what you get almost for free as a reward NO .. but the gameplay the exploration needs to be actually appropriatelly rewarding you know and I am sorry but Valhalla story or side stories and gameplay as it is is just not as good as entertaining to be a reward of its own.

Acutally all of Ubi games in last few years are somehow only average in terms of story and repetitive in gameplay, but the variety in weapons, gear, loot, skins, customization you know is what makes their games still great, what makes them fun to play even for hundrets hours. But Valhalla just dont have this crucial element its not there, besides from the story there is just boredom and emtyness everywhere in the game.

Few examples what players posted here why it sucks:

Roman artifacts ... you spend literally hours running around map and finding them and you get some stupid statues, tattoo and a shield at the end wow really worth it 😄

Legendary animals ... tough fights what takes a lot of your time and you get tattoes and a axe at the end again great, for so much effort you get one axe

Boss fights .. someone posted that there are close to 80 boss fights in the game ! And you dont get anything for most of them ... on harder difficulties you can spend even a several minutes in a boss fight, now multiplie it by 80 .. you know how much time is it?? How much time you spend figting bosses and you get almost nothing in return as a reward? Thats just ridiculous

Raids ... why even bother doing those .. you get the only the mats for your settlement buildings, BUT why even bother upgrade your settlement since 70% of the buildings there just give you a feast buff, which you absolutelly dont need and can play very well without it, 20% of the building you can find almost in every other bigger city, so that gives you maybe like 3-4 usefull buildings in you settlement .. yes really worth doing long tedious raids for the 20th to build some dude hut to increase feast buff lol

Tattoes .. I hate those, most useless rewards I have ever seen in every game I guess .. why do you get so many of them and so many of them as a reward instead of armor or weapons why? You cant even see them FFS you are wearing armor all the time ! ... same goes for settlement cosmetics .. a piece of junk you put somewhere and never look at it again ... great reward for playing the game wow really

You see those are just a few examples where the game fails terribly in terms of being rewarding for exploration and playing, the thing is that is like that almost in every aspect in the game. Thats why people are criticising it here.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

Tattoes .. I hate those, most useless rewards I have ever seen in every game I guess .. why do you get so many of them and so many of them as a reward instead of armor or weapons why? You cant even see them FFS you are wearing armor all the time ! ... same goes for settlement cosmetics .. a piece of junk you put somewhere and never look at it again ... great reward for playing the game wow really

I so agree with you there...so many tattoo rewards...Id much rather a nice bow or better still leather armour for sneaking in.

• kanivalaceo
    16 posts

@martygod12
    i know what you say play a game, is boring if the reward is not good for you, only armours and guns. And I say it again this game is far better than odyssey... in almost every aspect. Well it was a pleasure, good bye.

• martygod12
    240 posts

@kanivalaceo no its not and you can see it from the feedback from the players lol ... on every one of you who says that Valhalla is good are three or four who says it is not so this is a general opinion ... Odyssey was by far a better game

• martygod12
    240 posts

@kanivalaceo you know people like you are so funny ... complaining about Odyssey being grindy, boring and repetitive yet you adore a game which is ten times more grindy, repetitive and shallow lol

• DonParic
    23 posts

I loved Odyssey as a whole but the random equipment and its lvling was a bit to much there(felt like an MMO and not a singleplayer game in that regard), problem here is they went from one extreme in Odyssey to another extreme in Valhalla cuz there def is not enough sets/weapons found ingame in Valhalla(they should at least add em to special enemies and questlines so that you get some reward from going extra mile on completing everything). I am sure they will add a lot more of it with future patches,DLCs and ofc in the helix shop(but Helix shop is not a solution but more part of a problem, which isnt an issiue when game has enough of variety of items in it without resorting to cashshop for it but as things look in Valhalla atm in few months majority of items ingame will be cashshop exclusive items which is something that should never be alowed to happen in a singleplayer game i mean cmon this isnt some FTP MMO that gets funded by cashshop alone but a AAA singleplayer full priced title).

• martygod12
    240 posts

@donparic Yes that exactly right, and some people sadly dont understand it. They just traded one unsitisfied group of players for another with Valhalla. Solution of Odyssey problems is zero and all what was great about it is gone.

• TexasToast712
    3 posts

Eww no. The looter/slasher aspect of Odyssey was the worst part of the game. I hated getting some cool gear only for it to be outdated as soon as I leveled up. Valhalla is more like the traditional games with weapons and gear and that's awesome.

• martygod12
    240 posts

@texastoast712 Have you even saw the armors in the game? Most of them are ugly AF and looks like somewhere from Skyrim or other fantasy RPG ... traditional omg ... another one who complains about Odyssey being a grind yet is satisfied with a game which is ten times more grindy and in terms of variety and customization is a complete joke compared to Odyssey 😄

You still dont get that Valhalla is the exact slasher/grind type of game that Odyssey, only without loot, but yeah it is an amazing game, it is sooooo different cause now you have power level instead of normal level and you dont grind gear but you grind mats lol.

Seriously guys open your eyes

• Ebonzone
    26 posts

Its unbelievable how we have so many people praising the lack of content, If we had only 1 armor set in the whole game I am SURE someone would still say they're fine with that, and this is why Ubi will never care about player feedback, because you people keep patting them in the back even when they slack.

Valhalla sold more on its 1st week than any other Ubi game, that shows how much we wanted a viking-themed game but we also wanted it done properly. We clearly lack so many features and details that should be in this vanilla version of the game and will most likely be added later on in DLCs and microtransactions. But I am sure that's also not a problem for you optimistic whales.

Post-story game exploration feels extremely shallow, everywhere I go despite the gorgeous views feels empty and pointless, raiding is no longer fun when your settlement is complete, there's no joy in looting, no thrill in getting into fights, nothing. We definitely need a looting system that keeps us busy. Give us drops rates, chest respawn timers, anything that makes us revisit locations to try and get something of value.

Right now the game hands you equipment on a silver platter.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics