Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@jpabenites Actually not. Did you even read this?

"At the end of the day, this is one of the areas Assassin's Creed Valhalla did something well enough that it's not bad, but it's also not quite great. The series had a very real problem with bloated inventories, and a unique gear system like this did a fantastic job addressing that. But the limited amount of options and inability to customize the appearance of those items ultimately makes Assassin's Creed Valhalla's gear system a step back for the series."

They conclude that Odyssey was worse and Valhalla did the right thing but need more customization options (e.g. equipping one item for stats and another for looks)

Edit: So they will be happy when you can put own colors on the gear and put on gear just for the visuals and not stats. Which actually is a totally reasonable thing to ask for.

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

@souldrinkerlp
    I prefer Odyssey, but I understand the people protest about the excessive drop.. but in Valhalla pratically no has loot..
    Ubi made completaly opposite changes, I didnt like this.. and this is the point of the link above..
    I could accept the balance.. For exemple droping gears in chests, boss and elite guards (real rewards!)... normal guards droping only material, its ok for me.
    But in my opinion, I dont have problem with the Odyssey system, its better for me! because we have the choice what want to do with the loot.. use, destroy to get material and upgrade our gear, sell to get money, get the visual to transmog! Don't force you to get golden dots exploring the world just to get materials to upgrade the same gear like Valhalla.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@jpabenites

My reply was about you saying: See, this site says exactly what we say. They didn't say that there is not enought gear but that they want customization options for it. If you can actually visually equip every of the upgrade levels of the armor sets you easily have around 30 armor sets visually. If you can then customize colors this would be probably enough for the journalist at ScreenRant.

(And there will be more sets with free updates)

• martygod12
    237 posts

@souldrinkerlp There is just no reason with you man, you just have a counter to every point and every fact so you can defend your precious game 😄 .. At the end the summed up the article and said that in conclusion Valhalla loot system is a step back so I dont know where do you see that they saying there is enough gear.

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

@souldrinkerlp
    Perhaps I miscalculated my point about the link..
    The game almost no have visual like the link says, and I posted here.
    But I cant agree 100% with the ScreenRant ( I didnt said "exactly").
    As I said, I could accept a kind of balance with real loots, real rewards.
    But I prefer Odyssey system instead Valhalla system

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

We are not here to destroy the "precious game", it is "precious" to us too! 😊
    That is precisely why we bring our feedback, we believe that there was correctly in Odyssey, being a RPG open world game.
    We want to contribute to the game we love!

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@martygod12 The conclusion wasn't "It's a step back because we need 1000 random gear pieces per hour again"

The conclusion was "It's a step back because they didn't add transmogrification"

This is the last time I will help you to understand a text tho. You're welcome.

They even mention that the less but unique loot is a step forward.

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

there is no point in having transmog with a few gears, besides the majority being exaggerated in the visual.
    The mentor gear for example is beautiful, but it is very bright with golden details. if you want to be a assassin, the last thing you want to do is get people's attention right?
    we want a variety of visuals, mainly realistic with historical accuracy.
    The game needs more gers to have a good transmog system.

And what the problem with "1000 random gear pieces per hour"?
    Again.. You can get money selling, get material destroying, get visual to transmog...
    This 1000 random saves my time!
    But if you really prefer to grind explore an empty world to get chests with material pointed with golden dots to upgrade the same gear, ok, I can respect you! Enjoy!

• martygod12
    237 posts

@souldrinkerlp Thats what you read from the text and congratulations as usuall you see only what you want to see 😉

"There are many beneficial things Assassin's Creed Valhalla has done for the series, but its change to a new gear system isn't one of them"

"But the limited amount of options and inability to customize the appearance of those items ultimately makes Assassin's Creed Valhalla's gear system a step back for the series."

It seems pretty clear to me. Yes they mention that it would be a step forward if done properly, but wasnt done properly thats the point. As many of us said there, its not that we need the same loot system Odyssey had, there was far too much gear I can agree with that, I can also agree that the more uniqe gear system has potential and could be a better system if done properly. Problem is that they didnt just toned it down from Odyssey, but the almost completely removed the loot from the game, so they went from one extreme to another, completely failed to find some middle ground, both sides and most players would be satisfied with, thats basically all whats discussed here. They just changed from one group on unhappy players to another, fixed nothing at all.

• Lafrendgio
    30 posts

tbh I kinda enjoyed the loot in Odyssey more than I'm enjoying Valhalla not because of the crappy RnG but because of the variety. There's literally just 14 in Valhalla while Odyssey has over 60. Unity also doesn't have as much as Odyssey but I loved the designs there more. I just haven't found anything I like cosmetically speaking aside from the Raven Clan gear here.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@lafrendgio Do you compare Odyssey after 1 year Game as a Service with Valhalla at launch? I had the same equipment over and over again at launch with Odyssey. They added a lot of stuff after launch. They will do the same with Valhalla as Ubisoft wants to do Games as a Service. I dislike that approach too usually. But with Anno 1800 I am enjoying it very much. (We are now in 3rd season of DLCs)

I would love Valhalla to do the same actually. Make 3 seasons of DLCs. For the next 2/3 years. Give the next AC game time to be developed.

Edit: I love Eivor. Eivor is on a level with characters like Bayek. We can experience so many great stories with Eivor. I am sure of that 🙂

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@martygod12

Yes marty but that article really critisizes Odyssys system and you and I and a few others here really loved Odyssys system, Souldrinker is correct, that article (imo) does nothing to help our case, the author clearly states that the gear system in Odyssy was 'bloated and encumbering' Totally opposite to what I think..

He never even said there needed to be drops for boss fights and other difficult tasks. He's definitey a fan of Valhalla big time. His only criticism of it was the lack of transmogrification and limited gear options.

I wouldnt be a fan of that article at all. 🙂

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

we already pointed our vision.
    Its better open a chest to get a equipment (to equip or to destroy getting material, selling to get money and getting transmog than open the same chest and get only materials..
    (the people needs to agree with us that the first option above is better, more complete than second)
    This article shows the question of tle lack of transmog.
    Its not totally wrong (its is the motive that I linked here), but its not the exactly our vision, and dont need to be!
    We can agree with a kind of balance, but true rewarding, droping more gears to transmog, chests with more equipments, boss and powerfull enemies droping good loots.. its very easy to understand!
    It was in Odyssey, and we liked it. the article says the change in gear system is not a good beneficial things, but the autor seems indecise.
    The problems is the lack of equipments in a RPG open world game..
    Im not motivate to explore.. the world seems empty for me.
    I have aready proove here for exemple the house with guards to get metal and leather!
    The game with good loot system can be better with many transmogs, many options to building, source of material and gold... Im tired to repeat this and the people prefer the new grind system...

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

Explore the world to find material to upgrade our gears in Valhalla is the same that the AC2 to find all feather to get a new visual (a cape), totally boring.. the diference is the Valhalla shows the location of each chest. We try to upgrade to see the new stage of the visual (and I prefer the old of some gears, because is more realist)
    its not fluid than Odyssey, droping while we defeat the enemies during the quests, and if we want to explore, there is a diferent equipment "included material inside"

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

While we tried to improve the game with our feedback (and some people accepting all decisions of Ubi)
    The ubi dont waste time...Look the new helix gear..
    I believe that the Ubi will launch tons of Helix gears..
    It Is a F2P MMORPG? I paid the full price!!!
    OMG!

undefined

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

Soon someone will be defending helix system than native drops..
    I liked this Einherjar gear, its a jarl gear, but we need to grind daily quest to get opal and have much luck to see all parts of this set in Reda's store... so almost impossible to get free, spending much time!
    Its could be droped in "important chests" or powerfull viking enemies.
    The ubi could be using the developers to create a good looting system as we pointed above, but prefers to use the same developers to create real cash itens..
    So the game has a lack of equipments with many gears launched by real money... Im disapointed!
    Ubi lost me, I will never buy game on pre-release, its my last time.
    Its a lot of disrespect!

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@jpabenites You should never pre order a game anyway 🙂

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@jpabenites

Yeah dont get me started on that, Im happy to spend some money on their cash shop, but this armour...covered in blood? Its gross! If I was working for Ubisoft Id think twice about putting soemthing like that up for sale when so many people are complaining about lack of armours, its risky because it can be viewed as a f u to the fans, 'You want more armour? Here take this messed up nasty rags...'

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@jpabenites

Yes Ive made that decision too, I only did it this time because Origins and Odyssy were such lovely games for me, especially Odyssy. Next game I'll hold off and see how things go. 🙂

• martygod12
    237 posts

@cell1e Same here, I guess we were so overhyped for this game, cause Origins and Odyssey was so great. Well we learned our lesson and next time we will be more cautios 🙂

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics