ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 28 Likes/343 Replies/2709 Views
    FlashXAron
    23 posts
    This is a much better system. 150 hours into Odyssey, the loot could not be any more pointless. Now finding new gear is always exciting and more meaningful.

EXACTLY !!!

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

@flashxaron
    The ideal is BOTH system, when you scrap the itens, you get money or materials and transmog! what the problem with this?
    If there were both system, you can be only your prefered gear (legendary - no random)
    But I respect your opinion and understand you.

• martygod12
    247 posts

@flashxaron As I just said I dont think that Odyssey system was ideal and I am glad they toned it down in Valhalla, but they just went too far. I am not saying that I am not enyojing the game so far, but the exploration seems unrewarding at times, like when you kill a boss and dont get nothing from it or you complete a world event and dont get any reward, or when you find a key to a locked doors where is supposed to be a treasure and you spend 5 minutes finding the doors only to find out that insinde is a lousy chest with some leather and ore, which are tones scattered around the world. The game so far just seem like you dont get rewarded enough for the exploration and extra effort.

Like it or not but AC games are massive, open world/sandbox RPGs now, and in such games your only reward for exploration cant be just a piece of story thats just not enough.

• martygod12
    247 posts

I mean one tip in the game loading screen litteraly says that Valhalla is a game with massive world with a lot of unique items to find, but I just cannot find almost any so far I only found one other armor set except from the starting gear and I am 20hours into the game.

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

In 1 month, most people will have collected all available gears in game. The story will probably have ended.
    What will motivate you to continue playing the same savegame? Invade bases to collect leather and metals?
    Risk of AC Valhalla being a game with no reason to replay until reliese new DLCs.

• martygod12
    247 posts

@jpabenites Well I fear than no chest ever respawn even those with only leather and iron in them. I also feel like there will be little to do after you finish the strory. Shame really couse otherwise its a really great game.

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

Acording the following video, the game has only 13 gears!
    if you don't want to see all sets, don't wach the video!

(SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!)

• FlashXAron
    23 posts

I really prefer NOT to play any game , when the story, events are done ...
    like now it is better to receive every 3 year a new game with DLCs .. not that stupidity , everything is the same, but you get 10 levels more and 20 new gear ... how boring !

Better have 3-4 games , where every year at least one of them is new
    We have from Ubisoft in the field of Action RPG somehow now ...

Division
    Ghost Recon
    Assassins Creed
    Watch Dog
    Far Cry

better have every year 2 from them and DLCs new, than "games as a Service"

But I also never worked in automated fabrication or played any MMO after I hit max level and have seen all locations and missions (tried only to play missions once) . or read a book more than once or movies (maybe after 10 years or so)
    Don't have alzheimer disease jet, that I forget what I have done or seen ...
    Only games I am playing a second time are strategy games ...

So yes better one time and things I remember than grind games !

But there are a lot of grind games out there , so I hope UBISOFT will continue their way to produce unique games, because I love to explore their maps too much ...

as Ghost Recon Wildlands show, BOTH systems in one game DON'T work ... the loot game mechanics, ruined it the and the change was too late, but if we will receive a third part , with a realistic weapon and gear system, how they have shown it with their patches, it will be for sure great !

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts
    Acording the following video, the game has only 13 gears!

And some gears you need to pay using helix (market $) or opal (random daily boring quests, and you need to consider the luck to see your part gear in NPC)!
    The Berzek you need to buy a special edition of the game!!!

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts
    So yes better one time and things I remember than grind games !

@FlashXAron
    You grind a lot of material to upgrade your limited gear.
    If you want to change your gear, you will need to grind again to upgrade the new gear...
    So, its not justify!

I prefer to choose if I want do change my gear or stay with the same all game long.
    But the drop is rewarded as @martygod12 said above, and you can collect transmogs.

And "replay" not means necessary start a new game, but continue the same savegame after finish the history.
    If you dont like to play RPG games, I understand you..
    AC changed the style game.
    But needs to be a right RPG.

• martygod12
    247 posts

@jpabenites Are you serious????????? Only 13? Well [censored] YOU UBISOFT ... seriously I dont know if I want to play anymore

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

@flashxaron If the game drops gears normally while you play, there is no need to get grind materials.
    Because the strongest items drop as you level up and progress through the story. (yes! the game had level system yet! You need to EXP to up your power and atributes)
    You don't have to keep gathering materials that really are GRIND to improve yours.
    Just change the set!
    You just grind gers if you decide to collect all transmogs!
    Think about

• martygod12
    247 posts

Whats the [censored] point of having a massive big [censored] map with tons of side missions and treasures if you only have 13 armors ... omg this sucks so hard ! The worst desicion they honestly could have made with the franchise .... and most of the armors dont even fit the time period ... I mean where are some historically accurate armors?? OMG I am so furious right now

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

@martygod12
    This smells like unfinished game.
    Don't see who doesn't want...

• JPABenites
    Original poster 95 posts

@martygod12
    Accuracy???
    Pay atention in Asgard, the bifrost bridge fully Greek statues!
    Didn’t have time to model Nordic statues there!

• Cell1e
    174 posts

For those who don't like loads of lovely gear dropping and don't want too much loot or don't love using the different skins you get from the gear drops then just dont loot the bodies. There is a middle ground from too much loot and no loot as it is in this game.

For sure if you were in a raiding situation and you killed a guy with a kick [censored] bow and it was much better than your bow, would you lug around that old crappy piece of wood or would you take that dead archers cool new hunter bow and put it to good use? Id do that and Id stash every other bit of armour and weapon I could to build up my own resources and that of my raiders. Why kill all those poor soldiers otherwise? Just sneak in (hello AC sneaky game) steal stuff from chests for base building and sneak out.

Ubi give us no choice in how we gather resources for our township. You have to raid, they have made this clear in the fact you need two people to open those doors into the churches. They darn well should have given us more reasons for all that killing that just the crappy chest at the end. If enough things in a game dont make sense and arent rewarding then you get a strong sense of 'why the heck am I doing this?' Thats what I and many others are feeling right now.

Things just don't make sense.

• martygod12
    247 posts

@cell1e Yes not rewarding at all!! Now I am feeling like why would I do any of the side activities in this game if I dont get anything for it ... Man it literally kills the game.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@martygod12

yeah I know..its such a shame too cause this game could have been so much more.

• dbgager
    158 posts

Would rather have equipment actually mean something that piles of random trash.

• martygod12
    247 posts

Of those 13 armor sets three are from the store .. I mean this is so ridiculous ... only 10 armors in such a massive game lol 😄 I never thought I would love Odyssey so much

Suggested Topics