Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SinfulDanTheMan
    Original poster 59 posts

I'm still in the beginning Norway map, however I've climbed several synch points, but have yet to see a way to do a leap of faith down into a pile of leaves or something. literally every AC game has this, it's a part of the AC culture. Now I have to either jump to my death or slowly crawl back down the mountain? how uncivilized.

I assume I'm just missing it somehow? they honestly can't have gotten rid of the great leaps...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• wineward64
    4 posts

Patience, grasshopper!

• SinfulDanTheMan
    Original poster 59 posts

@wineward64 yes sensei

• longjohn119
    706 posts

@sinfuldantheman
    Well the "AC Purists" complained about Odyssey where Kassandra and then Darius could do a leap of faith (But for some reason it was OK that Bayek could do it in Origins) so this is what we ended up with.... The same Purists also complained about no fall damage so now we have these wonky controls where it's hard not to take fall damage because we are forced to climb all the way back down .... and to top it off most of the locations are worthless as fast travel points because they are in the middle of nowhere and it takes longer to climb down and get to where you want to go than it does to just sail half way across the map ..... Hopefully it gets better in England because Norway really sucked

Moral of this story: be careful what you wish for

• Netspook
    287 posts

@longjohn119
    Relax, dude. You can do the leaps as much as you want after a mission just after reaching England.

Hard not to take fall damage? Lol... Just do a heavy attack just before you land. If you could jump from space, you still wouldn't take any damage doing this.

• longjohn119
    706 posts

@netspook Yes in Odyssey you could do that .... doesn't work in Valhalla ...... They complained because you didn't take fall damage so now we have fall damage in places where the wonky controls will turn you around sometimes and you jump whether you want to or not

• Netspook
    287 posts

@longjohn119
    Rubbish. I'm not taking fall damage at all in this game.

• detroitin2019
    99 posts

I do hate having to climb dow in general. I can’t always get the heavy attack timing down. I got the break fall ability but it doesn’t always work, sometimes I still fall flat and take a lot of damage. I’m still in Norway but so far I have found the trust fall points off of each synchronization point so those do exist.

• Chevy_man2010
    83 posts

Man this game is crap. No leap of faith, now huge fall damage. So far this is the worst Assassins Creed I have ever played.
    I loved Odyssey. Even the picture & graphics seemed better. Plus button configuration is all jacked up now.

I dont know what Ubisoft is doing. But this game is down right horrible compared to Odyssey.
    I've played every Assassins Creed except Rogue. And I thought Assassins Creed 3 was bad.
    Origins story was OK & game play was ok but overall eh.
    Odyssey was amazing. Story gripped you & graphics were amazing. Once you upgraded no fall damage was fun.
    I was excited for this cause I have Viking heritage but this is down right sad & disappointing.

Im tempted to return it, im so disappointed. Unless they make some major changes.

• Dragon_master28
    4 posts

@chevy_man2010 from what i've been seeing on youtube, leap of faith and no/reduced fall damage is are learned skills you get from the hidden ones building in your settlement

• Sam_Boo26
    160 posts

I learned the Leap of Faith while playing yesterday; you learn it from the Hidden Ones in a quest a bit after you reach England. I wouldn't be surprised if the "no fall damage" was something that comes later too like it was in Odyssey.

• Chevy_man2010
    83 posts

@sam_boo26 I hope so. I recently found a skill in skill tree called break fall which reduces damage but thats it. Which there was no damage when jumping from high places again.

• dbgager
    158 posts

Yes dive into a pile of ice..Patience they will come when you get to warmer lands.

• styxee
    20 posts

@dbgager Ubisoft listened to way to many people that wanted an AC game that wasn't AC and was something akin to Dark Souls. They need to just ignore those dipshits and give us the superb game they gave us in Odyssey.

• LordYeshua
    4 posts

Patience padawan. You unlock the leap of faith by building the Assassin’s Bureau in your settlement in England.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics