Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• EggKnobble
    Original poster 36 posts

My usage experience in Firefox is horrible. Even making this post is horrible.

If I load the forum, I can click on a topic. But there it all ends.
    I go back to the overview with the topics, wanting to click a other topic, it's the first topic that i all ready have read. Why? I do not know.

Also opening a topic, shows me the newest post in that topic. I have not even read the first post, where i really want to start reading. And that is very annoying.

The layout is not good, there is hardly a difference between topics, and that is also not a good thing.
    Icons are why to big, for the "Flag", "Not watching", the "Likes", make that small. It is bigger then the text that is in the post......

Even the older forum looks better then this "future" lay out thing.

Also, if i wanted to reply in a topic, it creates this window in screen.
    Then I will browse some more, go back to this forum, and in my screen is the window for the post. Why, i closed it, and I don't want that screen overlapping al the topics...

also if I want to select a text, it does not even select the text I trying to select.
    It's some random text way above the text i try to highlight.

Hope you have some use for this feedback, cause this forum needs more work.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• EggKnobble
    Original poster 36 posts

Not bumping my old topic, but i'm getting this error trying to make a reply.
    undefined

@Ubi-Woofer, Is there a plan on implementing all the suggestions that are being posted about this new forum? and when are those changes going to be live?
    And are you guys/girls aware that "the remember me" button does not work? Cause i need to login every time i enter this forum, i'm using Firefox.

Would love to hear from you.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1262 posts

Hello @EggKnobble! Thank you for posting your feedback on our new Discussions forums here in this thread. I sincerely apologise that we were not able to acknowledge this thread until now. I'll try to address each of your points in turn - please let me know if I have missed anything, if you require additional clarification, or if you have any new feedback that you'd like to add! 🙂

As for whether the suggestions posted in this section will be implemented; this is not something I can guarantee nor promise, as it is up to the forum development team to implement changes. However, I can assure you that I'm passing forward all feedback and suggestions I see, and will provide updates should any be implemented. You can also track the issues / feedback items we have forwarded in the reported issue / feedback megathread list I created for Discussions here. I hope this answers your question!

Browsing / navigation in Firefox
    I've established a dedicated megathread for these issues here, and would encourage you to post there about any remaining issues you have with navigating Discussions using Firefox. To my understanding, most of the issues players were experiencing previously are now resolved, and I hope that the same goes for you, too!

Opening a new thread shows you the most recent post, not the oldest
    The default behaviour when opening a thread you've never seen before - at least in my experience - is to start at the beginning of the thread. If you've visited a thread before and start looking at an older page, but haven't read the latest updates, you'll be asked whether you want to be taken to the post you last read. Please let me know whether this issue is persisting for you currently, and the version of Firefox you are using, and we'll do our best to investigate this.

Layout / difference between topics
    Assuming you mean the topics you have read/not read and telling them apart on the thread listings, I've passed forward feedback already regarding this. At present, you can tell unread topics from read ones by the small green strip on the left-hand side, and the bold title text. I hope this helps!

Interaction icons on posts are too big
    Do you mean when reading a thread, you feel that the icons are too big in the post surrounds? Or on the thread listings, that they are too large when viewing the thread information? Additional context for this feedback would be appreciated, as I haven't seen any other feedback on this specific topic - just that others think that, in card view, there is a lot of "white space".

Post creation pop-up remains open after use
    Can you please clarify if in this situation, you finished writing the post you were intending to make, or selected to "discard" the draft fully? Did your finished post reappear in the box, as if you were editing it, alternatively? You are able to minimise the post creator, and keep it in the background if you need to read the thread more or browse before composing a full response; for me personally, this is very helpful as I can compose a post as I go through a thread or look for similar ones for the same issue, and not have to keep scrolling back through and compose my post in a separate tab, etc. But, if there is unusual behaviour with completed posts remaining open, we'll do our best to determine why this happens with you if you can offer some additional context! 🙂

Highlighting text does not highlight the selected text
    Are you still noticing this behaviour at the moment? I haven't ever come across this myself in Google Chrome, and a short recording of your browser window showing this would be very helpful if it is still ongoing to fully understand the impact of the issue.

Insufficient privileges to post
    I think this was related to the site-wide permissions issue we had that I previously communicated regarding the fix for, but if you encountered this error message more recently, please let me know!

"Remember Me" function does not work correctly
    We've discussed this particular issue in other threads, and the dedicated thread for this issue is here. The issue remains under investigation for the moment I'm afraid. I've personally not needed to log in as many times lately, but when I swap internet connections or have been inactive for a while, usually a session timeout is triggered and I need to refresh at the least. Please let me know if you've noticed any changes in the last couple of months, or any improvement! I'll keep everyone updated in the dedicated thread when I receive any new information or confirmation of a resolution.

Official Response

Suggested Topics