Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheGrimReeferzz
    Original poster 44 posts

I love the game don't get me wrong , I honestly love anything to do with Vikings so this game was a instant buy for me , that being said I'm so disappointed with how terrible the combat is .

You can deal with the normal enemies so easy by just spamming light attack untill they are dead . The finishing moves are boring to watch and there isn't enough of them . One thing about the finishing moves that o hate is that most of them if not all of them are done with the enemies weapons , why can't I execute them with my own cool weapons ?

The boss fights are the most boring boss fights I have ever played in a hack and slash type of game . The boss charges you , you dodge , attack and repeat .

It wouldn't be so much of a problem if the wasn't based on Vikings but the fact that Vikings were these skilled warriors and the game is heavily combat focus it's just so underwhelming .

Like I said I love the game but the combat is ruining it for me , the combat feels like like playing a 10 year old game . Put in the combat from "Ryse son of Rome " with the same execution mechanics and it will be the best hack and slash iv played

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Gravelmead
    62 posts

@thegrimreeferzz Combat was one of the most important things they had to get right especially with it taking up 90% of the game, but as far as I'm concerned they failed completely. The combat isn't even mildly interesting, so much so that I am avoiding it, letting my team get on with it while I go off looting, only participating when I really have to and then all I do is spam the mouse button while reading a book.
    They really need to go back to the drawing board with the combat, it's dull, it's boring.

• TheGrimReeferzz
    Original poster 44 posts

@gravelmead yeah I totally agree mate . I would love if they completely reworked the combat but from there track record they won't listen .

I have played so meny ubisoft titles that players have constantly moaned about certain mechanics from day one that are in need of changing and meny years down the line nothing has been changed .

This is the combat and I guess we just got to put up with it . They did mention in the road map that more abilities for combat was coming in future so I'm hoping for some changes in combat as well but I'm not holding my breath

• Pandaplays709
    1 posts

Can we get a gift the game thing for the holidays I want to get it for my PC but I physical copies haven't been a thing in forever so ya can we get a digital gifting thing #wekang

• fallenazael
    1 posts

I find the game as a whole boring.

Go to new place, meet with character you don't care about , jump through hoops for them in mindless missions then raid a castle (which I find mind-numbingly boring). Go to new location to start the grind all over again.
    Side quests are pointless. [censored] does rock stacking have to do with vikings?

I'm 40+ hours in and I cannot play it any more.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@fallenazael

1. go to new places
    2. meeting NPCs doing quests for them
    3. clearing dungeons / mission areas
    4. grinding for XP or items

You just described nearly all RPGs, including the critically acclaimed Final Fantasy and even the Witcher series. Of course, whether quests are "pointless" are completely to each one's own preference.

In your case perhaps you should play games of other genres.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@fallenazael I fully agree with what @ImaginaryRuins has already said, but I agree with you that the castle sieges/raids do not live up to their potential. The first time I really fought my way through, but soon I realized that the only thing Eivor has to do is open a gate and let down a bridge, and then rush to the final confrontation. That took some of the fun away, even though I know I can do all the fighting I want.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@thegrimreeferzz

combat in Odyssey was way more fun for sure as were the finishers, at a certain point u have seen them all in valhalla and they take crazy long which is annoying.

This game isnt combat focused at all, enemies are few and far apart, which was a problem in Odyssey as well. Playing on hardest setting and would love if they would have added more enemies in higher numbers all across the place.
    To be honest the game in its entirety is more of a puzzle game, seeing how all chests are locked behind puzzles and most worldevents are in fact puzzles too.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@hroozenbeek

castle sieges are boring AF!
    There is no point in fighting enemies, all u need to do is open the next gate etc and then the assault is over

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@asgardian02 I hope my English is understandable, because that is precisely what I was trying to say.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics