Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• x0Z3ro0x
    Original poster 15 posts

Preorder and preloaded the game. Worked great first time around. Looks beautiful and stunning, quests work, performance is butter smooth. The only bug I have had is not being able to dismount from a horse. Very happy to be playing 🙂 Anyone else?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• detroitin2019
    99 posts

@x0z3ro0x
    same here. Been playing on Ubisoft+ since minute 1 and not a single bug that I’ve noticed. Running great. Looks great. The audio is janky and there are several posts about it but otherwise I’ve encountered nothing bad others report.

• Saku_77
    8 posts

its great though combat sucks like others have said

• x0Z3ro0x
    Original poster 15 posts

The game hasn't been out long enough for me personally to say that. People are still learning abilities and figuring out their builds, not to mention the game is brand new, we still get to look forward to balancing updates and overall life improvements to the game. So considering that, the game, combat included, it's amazing.

• OxIdOAC
    25 posts

@x0z3ro0x I'm having a blast. 20+ hours, and only 8% complete, this game is fabulous. Not a single bug, crush, and everything works like a charm. Gameplay is great, graphics are way better than Odyssey, Oddysey has always looks to me like a cartoon, everything has way too much color. Social stealth are back, glitch puzzles are back (remindes me of glyphs), there's not a single location that looks the same, like in Odyssey. Game is as good as Origins to me. Evior looks great, both male and female, good strong character, like Bayek, nothing like Cassandra (a little mannish for my taste) or Alexios (just plain awful).
    And i can stealth clear anything, just like in Origins...
    I don't know but map looks way smaller than Odyssey, hell, even Origins... (but, hey, i might be wrong)
    Although, we're not stupid as Ubisoft thinks, levels are still here, but now it's called power, and you can't go everywhere, or you'll be toasted.
    As well as sidequests, now called mysteries, wealth are basically chests scattered around, but to me it's ok, you can't have game like that without some kind level gating, it's just plain impossible.
    Anyway, i'm enjoying the game, and i hope many others do so.
    Have fun playing..

• TORFINR
    370 posts

Same here: good game, and we need to adapt, especially if we're from Origins/Odyssey

• Trode-_-
    20 posts

@x0z3ro0x Press "C" if you are on PC, that's the key to stop holding and dismounting. Check the keymapping if not.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

No Im not enjoying this. Im pushing on through but its not happening for me. Too many complaints to count, most of them personal taste, but a few bugs and glitches as well.

• Offworlder1
    5 posts

Have not encountered any problems, been exploring and had the game since it came out so I might be another lucky person not encountering any issues.

Loving the game so far, and it's going to take some effort to go back to Odyssey to finish the Atlantis DLC but at some point I'll do so.

• x0Z3ro0x
    Original poster 15 posts

@cell1e Sorry to hear that, hope the experience gets better for you!

@trode-_ Worked perfect, I looked through the presets but never seen it, I definitely overlooked it. Thanks for the information 🙂

• Kormac67
    731 posts

@x0z3ro0x Love the game.
    Some things are unpolished or slightly buggy, and I had one crash. Nothing serious.
    Some are badly designed. Those ore stones are eyesores, needing to smash them is annoying, and the raven keeps showing the spots after you looted them.
    And some are not my taste but probably others'. Speed climbing roofs in search of a (probably useless) leaf is not my thing.

You can see - all minor things. 😄

• TORFINR
    370 posts

The game needs polish, we cant deny it. But once they'll have patched it, Valhalla could easily become THE game we were waiting for.

• Gravelmead
    62 posts

@torfinr So do you recon that it's worth investing in the season pass for this one? I'm very wary of buying season passes after the terrible DLC that followed Far Cry 5.

• Omgilovesteak
    24 posts

It is buggy for some and not so much for others. Like most new releases. For me it has been buggy 🐕

• SinfulDanTheMan
    59 posts

@oxidoac

Not a single location looks the same? What? Most of the monasteries are copy pasted, just with different layouts. I agree with some of the things you said but the architecture is way worse in this one. And the buildings are WAY too large, it looks cartoonish. People lived in very small hovels back then. Odyssey had it right, very large cities with tons of people crammed in small areas.

Just my opinion

• longjohn119
    713 posts

@x0z3ro0x The game itself runs fine about the exact same performance as I get with Odyssey ..... However there are a ton of bugs

Aim Assist is broken so it really nerfs an archer playstyle that I prefer

Then I found this bug

Immediately followed by this bug

I managed to work around both but it sure was a time wasting PIA but the broken Aim Assist bug is a deal breaker for me so I'm waiting for a patch and playing a second run through of HZD until it's patched

• OxIdOAC
    25 posts

@sinfuldantheman Exactly. Just your opinion.... And, frankly, mine.... Enjoy playing, if not, i'm sorry, play something you like...

• Gravelmead
    62 posts

@longjohn119 I am finding it to really slow down and become very jerky after a few hours of play. That would be a memory leak wouldn't it?

• longjohn119
    713 posts
    @longjohn119 I am finding it to really slow down and become very jerky after a few hours of play. That would be a memory leak wouldn't it?

Could be a memory leak but it could also have something to do with your page file .... Large open world games designed for consoles like AC, RDR 2 and HZD have a habit of filling up all your available memory and then try to offload the oldest parts to the Page file so if you don't have a Page file or it's set to a size too small you start getting bad performance ..... The best way to deal with that problem is set your page file to "System Managed Size" ..... If that doesn't help then it's probably a memory leak but I haven't experienced that problem myself

• Gravelmead
    62 posts

@longjohn119 I have increased my page file from system managed 5gb to 12gb Will that be enough? I have 32GB memory so it's not like I am to short there.

Suggested Topics