Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• longjohn119
    716 posts

@gravelmead
    Go to system managed .... There hasn't been any advantage to a fixed size page file since 2006 when Vista came out, it's just something that used to work so a lot of people still wrongly recommend it ..... If you do go with a fixed size then it should be equal to your memory ..... Back "in the day" it used to be expensive space wise because the average hard drive was maybe 100 GB so a 32 GB page used 32% of the drive but these days a hard drive averages 1 TB or larger and 32 GB is nothing, it's 3.2% of the drive ..... Let the system manage the size and all your other application will only use about 4-5 GB page file and the only time it will get large is when you are playing the game and after you quit out it will shrink back down ..... It's just the way the game engines work because of the limitations of consoles ..... When they drop support for the PS4 and Xbox One then this likely won't be a problem anymore because hardware memory management is built into the Ryzen CPU core (infinity fabric) they use unlike the older Jaguar CPUs which didn't and used a off CPU memory management IC that was simpler than what a PC needs

• longjohn119
    716 posts

@longjohn119
    Another problem with a fixed sized Page file is it gets fragmented while the system managed size shrinks and expands so it doesn't get fragmented because of it's size constantly changing

• TORFINR
    371 posts

@gravelmead Well, I'd say "yes", the season pass is worth it.
    The season pass means 2 DLC with patches + several patches before them.
    I'm pretty sure they'll correct the lack of polish within a few weeks. (they did the same with Odyssey, and from what I've seen so far, Valhalla is much more promising)
    My two cents 😉

• Gravelmead
    62 posts

@torfinr I think I will buy the season pass. I didn't like Valhalla at first but I have to admit, it is growing on me quite rapidly and can imagine how great the game will be after they fix the problems. It's something I can imagine myself putting countless hours into as I did with Odyssey.

• WR3cker_DK
    75 posts

Also lovin it, except from random crashes to desktop(five so far)

• Max.Mumford96
    22 posts

The game needs some work. I've been playing it for 30+ hours now and have noticed combat, free running, npc and environmental bugs and glitches, some have been game breaking . The game is great and has the potential to be phenomenonal, but work is needed. Plus, I'm still fuming there are no one handed swords in the game... Such an iconic viking age weapon that we players can't use it just crap and a huge oversight.

• TORFINR
    371 posts

@gravelmead Exactly what is happening to me: my first impressions were "it's ok correct but nothing revolutionary" but now I think I'm starting to love it.
    I guess that I had to adapt and play the game differently just like the combats for instance, that I didnt like until I understood that I have to attack-dodge-attack-dodge-dodge-attack and so on, all the time. I didnt play Odyssey that way, I used much more distance, fast attacks and positioning instead of dodging, now in Valhalla I somehow occupy more space and all my actions give a faster rhythm to my battles.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@torfinr

Im actually enjoying the game more now too. There are some issues for me but Ive managed to resolve some problems I was having and Im beginning to settle into what this game is. I don't think this game will top Odyssey for me but I am hoping I can enjoy it for what it is and not what it is not. 🙂

• Chevy_man2010
    83 posts

This games story line is pretty good & the skill tree is interesting. Also the charisma, drinking games, Orlog game, & building the settlement are improvements. As well as horse training so horse can now swim with character on it.

But over all for playstation the overall game is horrible in aspects of using map, raven/eagle is useless, glowing dots are confusing & when you get near them they vanish, that compass at the top is worthless (need to bring back map & tagging abilities of Odyssey), button configuration is jacked up (which I had to alter but now everything is conflicted cause not enough buttons on playstation controller/plus they changed dynamics of the game play), plus audio constantly glitching & cutting out during raids & other times, game has crashed on me, plus they removed the feature when you call horse if you are running or moving you automatically mount the horse, they did away with good armour drops/no legendary armour/legendary weapons, cant sell weapons for money or break them down for supplies to upgrade gear or for supplies, the realism of the real world is good & Eivor looks decent but no where as clear as outside the Animus, not counting encountering glitches where I can't get to treasures or I stand right not to them but system won't let me pick them up/I go to where map says it is & it isnt there.

Why did they remove the rush assassination? It was very useful.

This is just a few things wrong with this game & im barely 20 hrs in.
    I will say I do like the fact I'm about 20 hrs in & only 8% complete.

Do these updates/fixes & game will be amazing.

When I mentioned button configuration:
    Example is:

R1/L1:parry
    L2: Aim /R2: Shoot
    Triangle: heavy attack
    Square: light attack
    Circle: dodge
    R2: climb/Parkour
    R1: Melee Ability
    L1: Archery Abilities
    Touch pad: map

Directional Pad:

Up: Raven/Odin/eagle vision
    Down: whistle/call horse
    Left: quick wheel
    Right: heal

This button configuration has been similar to this for at least 2 - 3 games. Why change it?

• RHYLASS
    32 posts

We are doing fine!
    Enjoying the game, loosing ourself in exploration, 22h in Norway. Love my axes, my Berserker gear 👹, combat and last but not least I am fine with my male "Eivor" 🎯
    Serious AC Valhalla runs smooth on my PC -looking terrific. Bugs? So far, fingers crossed, had jet to see one.

• longjohn119
    716 posts
    This games story line is pretty good & the skill tree is interesting. Also the charisma, drinking games, Orlog game, & building the settlement are improvements. As well as horse training so horse can now swim with character on it.

But over all for playstation the overall game is horrible in aspects of using map, raven/eagle is useless, glowing dots are confusing & when you get near them they vanish, that compass at the top is worthless (need to bring back map & tagging abilities of Odyssey), button configuration is jacked up (which I had to alter but now everything is conflicted cause not enough buttons on playstation controller/plus they changed dynamics of the game play), plus audio constantly glitching & cutting out during raids & other times, game has crashed on me, plus they removed the feature when you call horse if you are running or moving you automatically mount the horse, they did away with good armour drops/no legendary armour/legendary weapons, cant sell weapons for money or break them down for supplies to upgrade gear or for supplies, the realism of the real world is good & Eivor looks decent but no where as clear as outside the Animus, not counting encountering glitches where I can't get to treasures or I stand right not to them but system won't let me pick them up/I go to where map says it is & it isnt there.

Why did they remove the rush assassination? It was very useful.

This is just a few things wrong with this game & im barely 20 hrs in.
    I will say I do like the fact I'm about 20 hrs in & only 8% complete.

Do these updates/fixes & game will be amazing.

When I mentioned button configuration:
    Example is:

R1/L1:parry
    L2: Aim /R2: Shoot
    Triangle: heavy attack
    Square: light attack
    Circle: dodge
    R2: climb/Parkour
    R1: Melee Ability
    L1: Archery Abilities
    Touch pad: map

Directional Pad:

Up: Raven/Odin/eagle vision
    Down: whistle/call horse
    Left: quick wheel
    Right: heal

This button configuration has been similar to this for at least 2 - 3 games. Why change it?

That layout won't work because of the new (and mostly worthless IMO) dual wield feature ...... They changed it because they wanted to implement a dual wielding system ..... They changed the bow system again too, instead of a single bow with multiple abilities you can chose or omit they went to 3 one trick pony bows like in Origins but messed that up by not allowing an easy way to switch between 2 bows ,,,, Because aim assist is broken I was wasting arrows and trying to switch to another bow means basically pausing the game going into a menu and picking a new bow and then unpausing which ruins the flow of combat ...... To make matters even worse you have no idea how many arrows you have for a bow until you equip it so if you run out then switch and find some arrows they may be the wrong kind and you have to switch back to look and if it's still empty you have to switch back again ...... I could probably make this work if there was still the ability to craft arrows ..... but only having 18 arrows for 15 enemies leaves no room for error or using more than one arrow to take down a NPC and it's hard as hell to find spare arrows when you are trying to fight off 6 or more guys ..... Basically you are pigeonholed to a single playstyle, melee brawler

I went and did the weekly in Odyssey and now I can't go back to this mess, the difference is just so stark ...... So I decided to start a new HZD game and wait until they patch this mess ..... Or more likely wait until I'm finished with my second play through of HZD because the bow is so much fun and I do love a good bow

• Chevy_man2010
    83 posts

@longjohn119

I like the dual wielding but remember in Odyssey he was always dual wielding because of the spear which we dont have now so it could be similar mechanics & I hate having to switch bows for particular arrows & turn bow on & off. I press & hold to aim when I let go let me go back to melee fighting. That is constantly screwing me up in fights.
    They did make a few improvements to the game but them took away everything that made Odyssey & other AC games great. Even Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games.
    And this doesn't come close to either Odyssey or Witcher.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@chevy_man2010

I have a spear, you can buy one on cash shop and you get one at some time in one of those UNreward boxes. 🙂 The spear is nice to play with.

• Flanker1Six
    92 posts

I'm 15-20 hrs in [still in Norway-----NO WAY will I ever go there for vacation/holiday----bbbbbbrrrrrrr!!!!!!!😀 ].

I'm on PC with M/KB for controls. At 2K rez on Ultra GFX; I ave 74FPS in the benchmark. Game looks great and plays very smoothly and consistently for me. I have seen many bugs so far (thankfully nothing game breaking for me); shot a deer and watched it fly several meters into the air before landing, some keyboard controls work fine then stop at times, I've experienced intermittent weird **** in the combat physics (collision detection glitches?).

WAY too much digging to get iron ore, and I'm not fond of depopulating large stretches of forest to harvest leather either (very immersive Ubi!). Ok, fine! Let's upgrade our kit--but why can't it be with a realistic system of improvements from this period of history, and features real world requirements for our upgrades? The hunting and disposal of harvested animal resources would be cool if implemented within a period correct mercantile system; which could then be used to pay the blacksmith (of varying skill levels) for kit improvements, etc. MEH! It is what it is. Gotta deal with it. Very chicken**** way to MAKE us explore. Opals sitting on top of a rock on top of a mountain? Yea.

The raids are OK, and scorching outposts solo reminds me a lot of Origins and Odyssey. I'm sticking with the hunter bow and arrows instead of arsing around with all three types of each. Not at all fond of the "out of bound areas" (because my level isn't high enough), and what's with the Steroid Giant enemies/mini bosses? 👹 Tough opponent because they're quick and skillful? Heck yea! Tough opponent because they've got 2000 health? 🖕 that! Another gotta deal with it. Dual wielding for me. Father's axe with a Seax in my left hand.

Many say it's much more immersive, intriguing, and fun when you get to England...........................so I'll be finding out.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@flanker1six

England is better for me, especially as it is pretty and really green. I found it funny that there are so many wolves and snakes in England, I know they dont have those now. Did they have those back then?

Not much improvement on loot just the usual big chests to open few and far between that give random pieces of low level equipment that unfortunately you can sell or dismantle. The base building is nice and meeting more characters is good too. I hope you enjoy 🙂

Suggested Topics