Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • MHcraker
    1 posts

@revenantsp1 Yeah it's just horroble. I hope it get's fixed soon

• Blayzest
    1 posts

Haven't seen anyone else mention this. You can change the walk speed for regular walking and it works jsut fine but when you put on a disguise the walk speed seems to be the slowest it can possibly be.

• jhbaird4
    2 posts

I am playing on PC, so this likely doesn't apply to consoles. When I am uncloaked I walk fine, and in fact PC allows you to control walk speed in settings. However, when I put my hood up and attempt to walk I walk prohibitively slow. I don't mean that hyperbolically, I literally can't blend in. I walk by guards so slow they recognize me, and villagers are significantly faster than me so I cannot blend in with crowds. Is this a bug? Intentional? It makes social stealth impossible.

• kissybyc
    3 posts

On PC with keyboard and mouse, Eivor's walking speed drops to the lowest speed setting when putting on disguise. Is this intentional? Can we please let Eivor walk just as fast as how we set the walking speed to be in the options menu, even when using disguise? Otherwise KB/M users have to decide between either snail pace walking or running around all the time in areas requiring disguise.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 675 posts

Hey there! Are you using a controller or keyboard/mouse? You should be able to walk at any speed you desire while cloaked. I'm playing on PC and using an Xbox controller, and it seems to be working normally.

Official Response
  • Winter-Breeze
    1 posts

Can't say for certain, but I think that when you toggle walk while your cloak is up with M&K as the input, the speed is defaulted to 1, regardless of the walk speed the player actually has set. This makes social stealth harder since I either have to go at a crawl or a jog, nowhere in between, without connecting a controller.

• evoubi
    1 posts

@kissybyc Yes please! Noticed this too. It's not functional atm

• SurexPOSEY
    19 posts

Please make the walking speed while hiding a bit faster and scale on the walking speed option (or make another option for that) when using keyboard.

Actually it seems to be fixed at really low speed.

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 127 posts

@howdyprincezote We're having issues accessing the video you linked to. Can you upload it to youtube and drop us a link?

Official Response
  • chaosandcoffee
    94 posts

@howdyprincezote this also happens to me, i assumed it was intentional but it is horrifically annoying. i end up having to alternate between running and walking for a second to stop detection as i simply do not have the patience to spend a year walking through citites.

i don't have the means to record but it is simply that - your walking speed with hood up is drastically reduced and is unaffected by the "walking speed" setting.

• RevenantSP1
    33 posts

@chaosandcoffee Not intended - if you play with a controller the speed adjusts as with normal walking (from the videos I've seen). It's an oversight.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 675 posts

Hey there, thanks for your feedback! I will pass this up to the developers.

Official Response
  • D2000Dk
    1 posts

@ubi-spud I and it seems a lot of other mouse and keyboard players are experiencing the same issue, when you toggle/hold the walk key with cloak/disguise on it defaults to the slowest walking speed no matter what speed is set in the options menu.

• chaosandcoffee
    94 posts
    @chaosandcoffee Not intended - if you play with a controller the speed adjusts as with normal walking (from the videos I've seen). It's an oversight.

oh wow, okay. well - at least we should hopefully get a fix soon then. would appreciate if this could be reported to someone who can actually fix it. @Ubi-Ginge it should be easy to see without a video, even, just try walking with and without a hood. (on pc, without controller)

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts
    Can't say for certain, but I think that when you toggle walk while your cloak is up with M&K as the input, the speed is defaulted to 1, regardless of the walk speed the player actually has set. This makes social stealth harder since I either have to go at a crawl or a jog, nowhere in between, without connecting a controller.

Yes. This is irritating as hell. I want to move about towns cloaked, but not at a snail speed. This is ridiculous. Can you please make it normal walking speed?

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

I second this. Hiding is extremely and annoyingly slow.

• FunkeFaust
    1 posts
  • TryToBeHappy
    20 posts

+ 1 with this strange problem. I hope that Ubi will fix this as soon as posible.

• haileylucrezia
    2 posts

@mr_queenie Hi i agree! Problem on PC with keyboard! Needs to be fixed. Adjusting walk speed in options menu does nothing!

• Kupferklos
    2 posts

Heyo. Im not sure if theres any news regarding an upcoming quick little patch
    But i would love to see this fixed *before* being halfway through the game.

On PC using your cloak to disguise is absolutely not usable. You walk around waaaay too slow, to the point when someone starts noticing you you feel caged and helpless and have to run away so you dont get spotted. Its really ruining an otherwise great feature id love to use more!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics