Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • TaliesinWard
    7 posts

Wow this still hasn't been fixed. Guess I'll go play some more Unity.

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

I hoped that this tuesday there would be an update finally, but there was none obviosly.
    So I now completely switched to cyberpunk don't even bother to do reda quests anymore because the game is working like [censored] and all they think about is putting out a [censored] sauron set!

• KaneBalasco
    3 posts

This is no small bug Ubi, this is a whole game mechanic broken right here!

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

Exactly, its almost 25% of the gameplay thats unusable!
    Its like if the bow gameplay was somehow compromised by shortage of ammo, oh wait. *Facepalm*

• Kobba42
    3 posts

@javier_pazdan
    @RevenantSP1

thx for your workaround javier.
    for those who have no controller like me, x360ce and rewasd do the trick.

but the better question is, why it isnt fixed yet? there is a walkspeed setting in the options, the only problem is, the setting dont apply to walking in disguise. it cant be difficult to fix god damn it.
    the problem is there since release but ubi seems to be like, "nah its not a problem its a feature for keyboard user only, they dont want to play an assassin in assasins creed, they are using keyboards."

please, fix it.

• Kobba42
    3 posts

@kobba42

you also can use djlastnight/KeyboardSplitterXbox from github. with this you dont need xbox360ce or rewasd.
    set the keys for Axis Y in KeyboardSplitters, export your preset then open it with a texteditor, change value to 29000/-29000 an then reimport it to KeyboardSplitters.
    Example:

<axis id="2" value="-29000">Numpad5</axis>
        <axis id="2" value="29000">Numpad8</axis>

the rewasd method is much easier but KeyboardSplitters is for free. And KeyboardSplitters comes with its own VirtualXboxController, so there is no need for xbox360ce.

Its a shame we have to use stuff like this.

please, fix it.

• RevenantSP1
    37 posts

Can we get confirmation this issue is fixed in 1.1.1 before I bother to reinstall the game? The patch notes say [censored]-all about it being fixed so atm I'm guessing it's not fixed, yet again.

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

@revenantsp1 nah dont bother, tried it out now, nothing has changed, gotta wait for another month at least until those [censored] realize that their game istn worth the 60 euros in that state

last time i buy an ubisoft game at launch, at least i didnt pay full price

• RevenantSP1
    37 posts

@yell0cake Thanks for the head's up. The sheer idiocy of this still being an issue just astonishes me. I'm usually not one to whine on about an issue that effects me, but 2 months for a simple issue that is to me as game-breaking as quests not working or as mentioned, arrows-amount not matching the quiver upgrade level. Yeah, right honestly doubt I'll even bother with any DLC for this game at this pount. If it takes 2 months to fix this issue, there's no way the audio issues are getting sorted.

• coolhawk2010
    2 posts

Ubisoft serious? This error had to be corrected in the first week, and those who tested the keyboard and mouse should be punished! What is the attitude towards people on the PC? It's not funny anymore.

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

@ubi-borealis @Ubi-Ginge @Ubi-Woofer First i want to say that i love this game and thats why I (and probably most of the people in this thread) am so passionate about this topic and WHY ISNT THIS FIXED YET? why is no one answerin to this thread anymore? I know that it isnt community managers job to fix this but its damn well your job to report this serious issues to the tech team and not deflecting it by just writing that its being investigated.
    Gotta investigate harder guys, because anyone would notice that problem as soon as you are playing the sneaky part in hordafylke with basim!
    As an computer science student i know that it wouldnt be that difficult to fix this, because it was easy to fix the "horse slowing down in cities" problem in odyssey.(that is also annoying the [censored] out of me in Valhalla, but we cant expect ubisoft to fix the whole game, can we?)
    This [censored] haunts the game for 2 months now and after a month I had enought of this. Aint giving ubisoft money for the season pass either until its down to maximum 15 euros because then the content will finally playable like with the main game apparently!

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

@yell0cake gonna play genshin impact for the next months until its fixed, this game has at least working features and its for free ffs

• KaneBalasco
    3 posts

It's ok Ubi, take your time, this only affects EVERYONE USING A KEYBOARD!

• Azsharrii
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Azsharrii
    2 posts

this is a joke right? how is it possible that this [censored] bug is still not fixed? very dissapointing... and even more embarrassing for you ubi

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

lol instead of bugfixing they just removed the diamond rune slots from the old helix items hahahhahahahhah
    thats why i never buy this crap to begin with!

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

Seems the only thing to get their attention is to make an duplicate thread xD

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello everyone,

I would like to begin this post by thanking you for your continued updates and reports of this issue with regard to Eivor's walking speed when in disguise on PC. Please rest assured that we are not ignoring this thread, nor the issue at hand. The developers have reproduced the issue, and as mentioned previously by my colleague @Ubi-Borealis, have determined that using the CTRL key to force Eivor to walk will make them walk at the slowest speed, regardless of the speed settings applied. This is an issue that they are still looking into, and I sincerely apologise for the delays. I understand how crucial it is to manage your walking speed, particularly in stealth situations, and I've requested an update from the team to see how things are going. I will let you know if I hear anything back.

As some quick reminders, please do not bump this thread or any others, as this is a breach of Rule 8 of our forums. The discussion of piracy, hacks or cheats (including unauthorised mods) is also against the forum rules under section 3.7. Similarly, please do not create duplicate threads for an issue where a thread already exists, such as this megathread for this issue with Eivor's walk speed on PC. This does not raise the visibility of the issue, causes information to be split up and more difficult to come by, and contrary to what @Yell0cake has said above, is not the way to get our attention! 😉 We're checking in on the megathreads as regularly as we can to collect or provide new information. Please bear with us as we convey information to and from the developers as needed.

@Yell0cake I am sorry to hear of your frustration with this issue. I reported it right back when I first acknowledged it, and for the moment, am waiting to hear from the developers as to their progress in resolving it. I can only apologise that I don't have any new information for the moment, and will be sure to update you and everyone else as soon as I do. One quick clarification as well - myself, @Ubi-Borealis and @Ubi-Ginge are support staff, not part of the community team, and our work is almost exclusively focused on bug reporting and addressing technical / gameplay queries. 🙂 If you'd like to reach a member of the community team, you can reach out to @UbiQuB3, @UbiT00n or @Ubi-WhiteRoom in the General Discussions section. They'll gladly engage with you further over there!

Official Response
  • RevenantSP1
    37 posts

@ubi-woofer Well, it's not just the CTRL key, it's whatever key is assigned for walking, whether it's on toggle or hold. But maybe that's what you meant, just making sure that the focus isn't on just the CTRL key but the issue of the walk-speed in combination of special conditions applied to the player character (drunk/cloaked/walking in tall grass/carrying a body). Seeing as focus seems to always end elsewhere, like what make of hardware players are using and now the focus is on a key on a keyboard.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hey @revenantsp1, that is a fair point regarding the CTRL key. 🙂 I've slightly amended the thread title to not refer to the CTRL key specifically, and insteads just the "walk" input. I believe CTRL may be the default input for that command, so that is why the developers are referring to it explicitly (as had I previously).

In terms of the keyboards / devices in use, we ask about this in the event that the issue is affecting a particular brand or model. Similar to GPUs, it can sometimes happen that an issue affects only particular ones, and we have to make specific changes to account for this. So it's always a query we're asked to pursue in the first instance. I hope that makes sense!

I mentioned the state of carrying an object already, but I'll ask them to check in on the drunken / hidden walk speeds as well. I'm unsure if drunkenness is necessarily problematic as is though, as significant inebriation does cause lethargy and a loss of coordination! 😉 I'll let you all know the outcome!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics