Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • bug glitch 4593
    pc 3430
    gameplay 1930
    4 Likes/22 Replies/795 Views
    HowdyPrinceZote
    Original poster 1 posts

On PC, M+K, GTX 1660, Ryzen 5 2600X, NVMe SSD.
    As shown in this linked video clip, regardless of the walk speed I have in the settings (right now it's set to 9 or 10 I believe), when Eivor's hood is up, they slow down to a snail's pace. In the video example, it takes about half as long for Eivor to walk up and down the small incline without the hood up. Is this intentional? Is anyone else experiencing this? It makes traversing cities feel agonizingly slow.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 74 posts

@howdyprincezote We're having issues accessing the video you linked to. Can you upload it to youtube and drop us a link?

Official Response
  • chaosandcoffee
    93 posts

@howdyprincezote this also happens to me, i assumed it was intentional but it is horrifically annoying. i end up having to alternate between running and walking for a second to stop detection as i simply do not have the patience to spend a year walking through citites.

i don't have the means to record but it is simply that - your walking speed with hood up is drastically reduced and is unaffected by the "walking speed" setting.

• RevenantSP1
    8 posts

@chaosandcoffee Not intended - if you play with a controller the speed adjusts as with normal walking (from the videos I've seen). It's an oversight.

• chaosandcoffee
    93 posts
    @chaosandcoffee Not intended - if you play with a controller the speed adjusts as with normal walking (from the videos I've seen). It's an oversight.

oh wow, okay. well - at least we should hopefully get a fix soon then. would appreciate if this could be reported to someone who can actually fix it. @Ubi-Ginge it should be easy to see without a video, even, just try walking with and without a hood. (on pc, without controller)

• chaosandcoffee
    93 posts

@ubi-ginge

hi there, i got my recording software to work for reporting another bug so i thought i may as well show this one as well. here you go. as you can see she's SO much slower with hood up, i have my walking speed maxed out, too. this makes walking around distrusted areas really difficult as you have to alternate between running and walking if you want to get anywhere.

• EglooKen
    1 posts

This bug has been "bugging" me (hehe) ever since day one release, and can u pls make it so that the cloak and hood wont automatically be off when detected?

• TaliesinWard
    2 posts

I have walking speed set to 10 in the options menu and the speed is perfect IMO, however whenever I pull the hood up the walking speed drops to what I assume is the lowest speed setting. I have a gamepad (but prefer to play AC games exclusively on M/KB) and have tested with both. Hooded walk speed with the gamepad is noticeably faster than M/KB.

I don't know if this is intentional (I assume it isn't) but it kills social stealth and roleplay for me.

2 ways this could be fixed:

Easy way - allow the "walking speed" setting in the Options menu to affect both hooded and non-hooded walk speeds.

Harder (but way better) way - currently when you have sneak (c) toggled you can choose from 3 different speeds: walk, run and sprint. It would be awesome to have the same apply to walking, for example: CTRL to toggle walking mode, SHIFT to switch between the user defined walk speed and the default (1) walk speed. Have this apply to both hooded and non-hooded movement in the exact same way for consistency.

I know there are more pressing things to work on but if you guys could do something about this I know there are a lot of players out there for whom these changes would have a massive impact from both a gameplay and immersion/roleplaying standpoint.

• chaosandcoffee
    93 posts

@Ubi-Baron @Ubi-Swaggins @Ubi-Spud terribly sorry for directly pinging you guys, but i know that you're very active and @Ubi-Ginge has not been online since the 13th, i fear that since this has a "official response" no one will check it otherwise

When using a KB&M Eivor walks painfully slowly while you have your hood up, and the speed is unaffected by the "walking speed" setting. this makes traversing distrusted zones really difficult because you literally can't walk away fast enough to avoid detection, but if you run you get instantly detected. this only occurs when using a KB&M as far as i can tell as i've had others say this isn't the case when using a controller, and it fixes even if you plug one into a PC. i do not have a controller to test this, or use that "fix" but it should be super easy to replicate this bug, and hopefully fix it. i'd really appreciate if this was passed onto the dev team as it's really impacting my actual gameplay negatively, i'm almost certain this is happening for everyone but i think people assume it is intended behaviour and are not reporting it, everyone i've actually seen talk about it say the same thing.

this is in my opinion a very detrimental bug to gameplay as it makes any distrust area atrocious to play/move around in, and i think that not many people are reporting it because they think it's intended behaviour. but it is not - someone actually commented on my video (must of found it via just google searching as i do not have actual subscribers) saying that it only happens when you have a keyboard & mouse input, he tested changing to controller and it worked at the correct speed, really hope that you can pass this on because it's super frustrating and should be really easy to replicate and hopefully fix

here is the video

thanks

• chaosandcoffee
    93 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 134 posts

Hello all,

Thank you for your continued reports and feedback regarding the walking speed of Eivor when in disguise on PC. From the videos provided I realise this may be troublesome for managing stealth effectively, so I'll be passing these onto the devs for their review. If I hear anything back, I will let you know.

@chaosandcoffee Just as a quick heads-up, I deleted your duplicate thread on this topic after finding your posts here. I have however copied across any useful information into a previous message. It does not help us when you create duplicate threads as this creates additional sources for us to check when trying to understand a particular issue. A thread is not ignored if it has an official response - it is checked as soon as possible for updates as with all the rest. If you can find an existing thread for your issue, please post in this and wait for a reply in the future. Thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Official Response
  • chaosandcoffee
    93 posts

@ubi-woofer
    thank you for your response. i did not mean that threads with a response wouldn't be looked at, but i was worried that it wouldn't be looked at by staff other than the original support who commented, who hadn't been online for around a week at the time - nothing against them, just afraid it would fly under the radar, my bad

i will not make any duplicate threads in future - i just really didn't want this to go unnoticed as it's probably the biggest actual gameplay affecting bug plaguing me, as it occurs at all times instead of just for one quest etc. i do apologise and will wait patiently now that it's been acknowledged

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 134 posts

@chaosandcoffee All Support Staff working on the forums will check as many threads as they can - we don't have ownership of particular threads, so to speak, so there's no need for concern if you notice a particular agent has not been online for a few days ๐Ÿ™‚

I appreciate your apology but honestly, don't worry about it! It's just a heads-up as we're trying to get as many "megathreads" going as possible to keep reports of particular issues together and centralise information. ๐Ÿ™‚ I'll be adding this topic to the list in case any other players on PC would like to share their experiences too.

Official Response
  • chaosandcoffee
    93 posts

@Ubi-Ginge
    @Ubi-Woofer
    Hello. Can I get an update on this? Launched the game after the title update hoping to be able to play the game again finally, but none of the bugs I have reported have been fixed, including this one.

This is not the one stopping me from playing (that would be the dead zealot who I can't interact with thus locking me out of the entire Order questline) but as it was marked as "being looked into" and has not received a fix I wanted to ask.

• fistfulofdolars
    1 posts

This is still an issue for everybody and why is it still not fixed? This breaks a good portion of the gameplay, and ruins the entire social stealth mechanic for Keyboard and Mouse users. I cant believe this wasn't pushed in the 1.04 patch

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 48 posts

Hey there guys! Thanks for your patience!

Please note that we aren't always able to address every reported issue within a title update, as some issues are still being investigated further. Please rest assured that we haven't forgotten about this.

The development team has reached out to us with an update. They have found that you should only be able to walk that slowly when using the CTRL key. This is a known issue, and is currently under investigation.ย The speed is limited in disguise mode when using the CTRL key even though the walking speed is 10. The disguise speed should match the one when you are using CTRL without the disguise.

If you are encountering this, we'd like to collect some more information from you:

• Are you using anything other than WASD to move Eivor with?
    • If possible, would you be able to test using an alternative keyboard/controller, so we can ensure that this is not an issue with the peripherals? Could you then let us know if the issue persists with the alternative?

We'll update you all again once we have more information. Thanks!

Official Response
  • chaosandcoffee
    93 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Hi, I appreciate that not everything will be fixed, it's just frustrating when none of the bugs affecting me have been fixed, and even bugs/changes that the title update was supposedly going to fix haven't been. For instance the world event bug I have reported - I know they must of done something, (as the NPC spawns in the correct location now) but she still just takes the item and the quest doesn't complete. I just hope they don't think it's fixed.

Onto this bug, I know it's only when using the CTRL (walking hotkey) key, but you need to be able to walk when using disguise in distrusted zones otherwise you will be detected. Hence why this is an issue.

Information / what I have tried:

• Using WASD
    • Changed hotkey to different key other than CTRL
    • Used different keyboard

Issue persists through all of this.

On a further note, while I have not used a controller, (as I do not own one to try) as far as I am aware, other users have reported that the issue does not occur when using a controller, even when on a PC, and that it's specifically affecting KB&M. I can't confirm that as I have said but I've read others say as such.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 48 posts

@chaosandcoffee Thanks for a prompt response! Please rest assured that our team are still looking into other issues reported, and are working as quickly as they can to provide us with an update. I'm sorry to hear that you're still encountering issues. It may take us some time, but the support team within the forums are trying their best to pass on all your reports to the development teams. We thank you for your continued patience, and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks for answering those questions for me. Could you please expand on your answers a little?

• Which other keys have you used to move Eivor with?
    • Which other hotkeys have you used, other than CTRL, for walking?
    • Could you let me know the make/model of your keyboards? It would be interesting to see if there is a pattern here, and whether it is a certain keyboard that is affected by this.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • chaosandcoffee
    93 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I was saying I hadn't used any other keys for moving, but as you asked I just booted up to try, and swapped them out to the arrow keys. This didn't fix the issue.

I changed the hotkey to a random key, '7' in this case, to see if it would help, it didn't.

Keyboards used:

• Glorious Gaming Race: GMMK-RGB-ISO (full size)
    • Periloot: Caravel (Gaming Keypad)

• RevenantSP1
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis I can chime in and say I am using a Logitec keyboard. And it's the same result whichever keys I assign things too. It's a simple case of the game not applying the settings between the two states (disguised or without). It's not peripherals or on our side - I would have agreed if there was an issue of the movement being only and issue for -some- keyboard users (which my bet is, it's everyone, but most people won't realise this is a bug - not knowing that the controllers get varying speed people will think that it's part of the gameplay) or between different controllers. However it's not that way and is simply an oversight in QA regarding keyboard users. Easier to start from the point that someone screwed up with the controller support than trying to solve this from a point of reference being thousands of peripheral brands and keybind settings - trying 100's of combinations.

Community details

Users
Topics