Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SurmaSmurffi
    1 posts

Pretty clear this is just a matter of this being designed for controller first. Controller thumbstick makes it possible to move faster or slower, depending on how hard you press on said thumbstick. Mouse and keyboard, button press is just "on or off" and the game seems to default to slowest possible movement when wearing a hood (basically the game is reading it as just slightly moving your thumbstick). If I had to guess the walking speed option is meant for mkb users for this reason, but they just accidentally applied the movement to be minimum press instead of maximum press when wearing a hood in distrust areas.

Makes the social stealth aspect in cities pretty much pointless for MKB users.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

The development team have reached out to us with an update regarding Eivor's speed whilst walking in disguise. The team have announced that this behaviour is working as intended. You can read their full statement below:

We can confirm that the speed of Eivor walking while in disguise was improved with Title Update 1.2.0 and is working as intended. Full speed navigation is unaffected by disguise, but when walking, the feature slows down Eivor's walking speed.

Following the development team's announcement, this issue will now be marked as resolved.

We understand that this may not be the answer that some of you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment caused. We do not know of any plans to implement any further changes to Eivor's walking speed whilst wearing a disguise. We will continue to communicate all of the feedback and comments shared in this thread with the developers for them to consider.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • RevenantSP1
    38 posts

@surmasmurffi And the worst is, people will think it is a [censored] game mechanic and skip it altogether or even stop playing. It just adds to the feeling of an unfinished/worse version of Odyssey.
    Which really is a pitty. I would really enjoy the game with these naggles gone.The graphics, the sound and stuff like this controll vs MKB oversight just makes me put so little time into the game atm and won't spend anything on DLCs untill rectified. And to think we are 9 days out from 2077. I would get the DLCs regardless of 2077's release, but I will have even less time and likely need to flog Valhalla for space instead of my ME:Andromeda. And that's bad.

• Spidermonk111
    12 posts

This is the only issue that is really driving me nuts with the game. When the speed is so slow it's simply impossible to a cloak and the whole mechanic is broken. I've ended up just killing everything and forget about stealth because it just doesn't work.

I remapped my key to alt, used different mouse settings for everything, changed between hold and toggle. Nothing makes a difference and the walk speed will always revert to the slowest. Through some experiments I've found that during the first second the walking is normal however it will then switch to the slowest possible. If you stop walking and wait for the animation to end you can trigger this change in speed every time.

It would be nice to have this resolved ASAP as it's cutting off a whole portion of the game for dedicated M&K users.

• RevenantSP1
    38 posts

@ubi-borealis I've also noticed the same walk speed bug appears when you carry someone. So again, it's obviously a bug on the game side where the different states Normal/Cloaked/Carrying has different walk variables and the game only applies the configured walk speed to the normal state.

To add. It affects the drunken state as well. Yeah, would be nice to get this fixed asap.

• RevenantSP1
    38 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • comicmastery
    8 posts

I have noticed an issue on PC where if you start walking while disguised, you always move at the same agonizingly slow pace, no matter what your walking speed is set to in settings. Originally I thought this was intended, a single speed to match with the hooded blend groups and such, but now I don't think so. It's literally impossible to walk fast enough for effective social stealth. It's slower than the blending groups so you can only keep up with them for 30 seconds at most, and you're so much slower than guards that if one spots you and starts coming towards you, you can only do one of two things. 1: do nothing. keep walking and let yourself get spotted and go into open combat. or 2: switch back to jogging or running speed to get further away. You will be instantly spotted with both methods so it's ultimately pointless unless you have a blend spot right next to you. Because of this issue, I've been avoiding social stealth, only using it when the pathing is super easy. I find myself using a combo of walking and running in distrust zones in order to move around efficiently but this often results in me getting spotted. I specifically wanted to point out this issue because I noticed that it wasn't listed as one of the bugs that the dev team are aware of.

• Beylous
    42 posts

Just sooooo slow!

• Beylous
    42 posts

@chaosandcoffee Thanks for the link. I thought it did feel a little buggy, lol.

• Teriander
    1 posts

@Ubi-Borealis
    Thanks for looking into this. With all respect, this is not a hardware problem on the PC client side, this 100% an internal code issue that can't be change by the user and doesn't change based on their keyboard shortcut configuration or hardware. You can literally run this on any PC and experience the same issue with any keyboard you like.

This issue is holding CTRL while not cloak is a normal walking speed, but holding CTRL while cloak is slower than a turtle. I literally witnessed an AI old lady walk faster than my character this way. The biggest issue is if you're slightly spotted by a hostile AI, you can't walk faster than him and he will always catch you unless you start running. It's almost safer to just walk around uncloaked, just so you can out-walk hostile targets.

We hope this is fixed soon. Thank you!

• xtwitch29479
    3 posts

At first I thought this was intentional like many others but quickly realized it was not. It makes maneuvering distrusted zones a lot more difficult. Half the time I end up just killing the entire zone which is great but I feel breaks some of the immersion of the game. Please fix!

• name_is_gone
    19 posts

So, uhm... Any info on this? What's the point of bringing back good old mechanics of blending when I cannot blend because guards instadetect me cause I move like injured snail? Also, not sure if this has anything to do with walking speed when in disguise, but whenever I even look at guard, they just attack me. I don't do anything, just stand with random people, don't do any sudden move and they still attack me. This whole blending mechanics is really badly implemented.
    Btw, I play on K&M, don't have controller and I agree with what others said here - it's not our hardware issue, it's game issue.
    Kindly provide update and better, fix for this.
    God I so wish I waited with my purchase -_- I'm not even interested in playing anymore because the immersion and experience are broken already.

• RevenantSP1
    38 posts

Waited for the 1.1.0 update with anticipation and guess what? This issue is still not fixed. Really? The disguise is part of the core mechanics and it's not working as intended. Are we going to have to wait another 15 days before this gets fixed? It's a simple issue - my bet is it could be fixed by an intern and deployed in a 500kb hotfix. It's an important fix that is needed with a very tiny amount of time needed to fix it.

• Minominop
    7 posts

I have this same issue as well.

• Javier_Pazdan
    7 posts

Hello people,
    In this video I'm showing how to configurate our mouse to walk faster with hood puted on. We need anyway pad from console to configurate it.

• RoachSandeson
    5 posts

My current walking speed setting is 7/10 and works fine when NOT using the CLOAK but once activated, the walking speed becomes 1.

Please fix, I can't escape guards without turning to full on sprinting.

• Javier_Pazdan
    7 posts

Hello,
    In this video I'm showing how to configurate our mouse or keyboard to walk faster with hood puted on.
    We need:
    -Any pad controller from console connected to our computer,
    - Program for Playstation pad like "ScpToolkit" https://sourceforge.net/projects/scpt...
    -and "reWASD" program https://www.rewasd.com/

• Javier_Pazdan
    7 posts

Hello people,
    In this video I'm showing how to configurate our mouse to walk faster with hood puted on.
    We need:
    -Any pad controller from console connected to our computer,
    - Program for Playstation pad like "ScpToolkit" https://sourceforge.net/projects/scpt...
    -and "reWASD" program https://www.rewasd.com/

• RevenantSP1
    38 posts

@javier_pazdan Thanks for the info. But I'll pass. I'll do some [removed] (neither of which have a solution available currently). But I'm not getting and plugging in a controller for a workaround like this.

• Javier_Pazdan
    7 posts

@revenantsp1 Ye mod would be great but nobody have make one, it would be great if someone have make that we can put only hood on without cape like Sigurd 😕

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics