Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SOLVED [RESOLVED] [PC] Disguised Eivor moves at the slowest speed regardless of settings when using the "walk" input | POST HERE

10 Likes/191 Replies/7393 Views
    Yell0cake
    37 posts

lol instead of bugfixing they just removed the diamond rune slots from the old helix items hahahhahahahhah
    thats why i never buy this crap to begin with!

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

Seems the only thing to get their attention is to make an duplicate thread xD

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1061 posts

Hello everyone,

I would like to begin this post by thanking you for your continued updates and reports of this issue with regard to Eivor's walking speed when in disguise on PC. Please rest assured that we are not ignoring this thread, nor the issue at hand. The developers have reproduced the issue, and as mentioned previously by my colleague @Ubi-Borealis, have determined that using the CTRL key to force Eivor to walk will make them walk at the slowest speed, regardless of the speed settings applied. This is an issue that they are still looking into, and I sincerely apologise for the delays. I understand how crucial it is to manage your walking speed, particularly in stealth situations, and I've requested an update from the team to see how things are going. I will let you know if I hear anything back.

As some quick reminders, please do not bump this thread or any others, as this is a breach of Rule 8 of our forums. The discussion of piracy, hacks or cheats (including unauthorised mods) is also against the forum rules under section 3.7. Similarly, please do not create duplicate threads for an issue where a thread already exists, such as this megathread for this issue with Eivor's walk speed on PC. This does not raise the visibility of the issue, causes information to be split up and more difficult to come by, and contrary to what @Yell0cake has said above, is not the way to get our attention! 😉 We're checking in on the megathreads as regularly as we can to collect or provide new information. Please bear with us as we convey information to and from the developers as needed.

@Yell0cake I am sorry to hear of your frustration with this issue. I reported it right back when I first acknowledged it, and for the moment, am waiting to hear from the developers as to their progress in resolving it. I can only apologise that I don't have any new information for the moment, and will be sure to update you and everyone else as soon as I do. One quick clarification as well - myself, @Ubi-Borealis and @Ubi-Ginge are support staff, not part of the community team, and our work is almost exclusively focused on bug reporting and addressing technical / gameplay queries. 🙂 If you'd like to reach a member of the community team, you can reach out to @UbiQuB3, @UbiT00n or @Ubi-WhiteRoom in the General Discussions section. They'll gladly engage with you further over there!

Official Response
  • RevenantSP1
    38 posts

@ubi-woofer Well, it's not just the CTRL key, it's whatever key is assigned for walking, whether it's on toggle or hold. But maybe that's what you meant, just making sure that the focus isn't on just the CTRL key but the issue of the walk-speed in combination of special conditions applied to the player character (drunk/cloaked/walking in tall grass/carrying a body). Seeing as focus seems to always end elsewhere, like what make of hardware players are using and now the focus is on a key on a keyboard.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1061 posts

Hey @revenantsp1, that is a fair point regarding the CTRL key. 🙂 I've slightly amended the thread title to not refer to the CTRL key specifically, and insteads just the "walk" input. I believe CTRL may be the default input for that command, so that is why the developers are referring to it explicitly (as had I previously).

In terms of the keyboards / devices in use, we ask about this in the event that the issue is affecting a particular brand or model. Similar to GPUs, it can sometimes happen that an issue affects only particular ones, and we have to make specific changes to account for this. So it's always a query we're asked to pursue in the first instance. I hope that makes sense!

I mentioned the state of carrying an object already, but I'll ask them to check in on the drunken / hidden walk speeds as well. I'm unsure if drunkenness is necessarily problematic as is though, as significant inebriation does cause lethargy and a loss of coordination! 😉 I'll let you all know the outcome!

Official Response
  • RevenantSP1
    38 posts

@ubi-woofer Great to hear thanks. And yes, drunkeness might effect the player with a controller somewhat - but again, not to the extent it does for mouse+keyboard users. Where it might be a 5-10% effect (or just the illusions of it) for controller users, mouse+keyboard users have it slow us down to the slowest speed. Again, there is a disparity between the speeds of controller users vs. mouse+keyboard users. That's not gameplay, that's a bug.

So hopefully this can get resolved soon. I generally dislike, paying for a game and not being able to play it properly for almost 3 months.

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

@ubi-woofer thank you very much for the reply, I wanted to add that i have the walking speed set on toggling via the caps lock key. I respect your managment of the situation but i cant respect the incompetence of the ubisoft QA and Technical team if they cant fix such an easy issue that is so gamebreaking!
    I of course appreciate the work you and the support teams are doing but i aks myself what there is to investigate when i can solve the problem by emulating an ps4 controller left joystick input that is about 85% pressed forward. I think its not unsolvable when you have complete control of a games engine if some idiot solved it with an 3rd party program.

PS: I must correct myself; the only way to get attention is to CLAIM to open an duplicate thread! (im far too lazy to actually do it)

• BojanZdjelar
    15 posts

@ubi-woofer I am 208 hrs of gameplay, 69% completion. PC player. This bug really ruined some missions when stealth while hooded is required and overall gameplay as it forces me to play aggressively only while in an un-trusted zone. I am not able to use other game stealth mechanics created for hood play (drunken person, blending in, monarchs, etc).
    which is something Ubisoft heavily promoted in their marketing before and during the game launch.
    I have assigned 10 different keys for walking with toggle combination - the bug is still present.
    Seems like I will finish the game in this state - which is very sad for me. I got something different than the rest of the controller players have.

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

@bojanzdjelar 69 Nice

• RevenantSP1
    38 posts

@yell0cake Exactly this, the level of incompetence surrounding this issue is what has me so baffled.

• BojanZdjelar
    15 posts
    • The game launched 10th November
    • Today: 24th January - still no fix:
    • Showcase:
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello all!

Thanks for continuing to update this thread with your experiences. I can see that following their update, Ubi-Woofer has reached out to the development team to seek an update regarding the investigation of this issue. I'm afraid I have no new information to share in the meantime, and apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. Please be assured that we have passed your reports on as part of the investigation.

@Yell0cake - Thanks for adding that additional information. I've added this to the report already submitted on your behalf. Thank you for your correction as well, but we would ask you to refrain from the promotion of opening multiple threads, as even if you don't plan on doing so yourself, others may follow suit 😉

@BojanZdjelar - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, as well as a video. If possible, would you be able to provide us with the following information as well:

• Which keys do you use to move (such as WASD)?
    • Which hotkeys have you used to walk with? Do you just use CTRL, or have you tried using other keys?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard? Would you be able to let us know the make/model of any keyboards you have tried using so far?

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Spidermonk111
    12 posts

I just want to chime in to say I haven't played the game since the 1.1.0 update came out. The inability to walk is so frustrating that it's just a turn off from playing. It would be appreciated if you guys jumped this up as a higher priority. I advise you to test it yourself and use any keyboard with any walk keybinds. I guarantee you'll immediately notice how slow the player moves and how frustrating stealth sections are because of it.

Stealth is literally unplayable for M&K users and it's disheartening your tech team has taken so long to address the problem. It's been months now.

• Roskmeg
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I don't understand why you ask for movement keys, keyboard and CTRL. It has already been stated by multiple users this is not a hardware issue unique to any keyboard brand or movement key.

As other users have already stated, It's a universal issue for everyone who plays on PC with keyboard and mouse regardless of keyboard brand or movement keys.

It's very disappointing that this bug has been dismissed with every update for many months, When it's a bug that breaks a core game stealth mechanic in distrust areas.

• BojanZdjelar
    15 posts

@ubi-borealis Hello there,

• My movement is lead by (WASD)
    • At the moment, the walk is (<) button
    • I have tried ctrl, numbers 1 to 9, different letters, q, r, t, etc.
    • I do not own another keyboard, just one I am using for all games (Logitech), and works fine.
    • I have several friends having the same issue on PC, using different keyboards.
    • A ticket has been made, we went through this dance in the first couple of emails. Ticket status at the moment: Jan 27: escalated further.

As hard as you trying to figure this out, I don't think this is something from our side, but from yours.

• RevenantSP1
    38 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • KaneBalasco
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis 'Have you tried using a different keyboard?'.

Have you tried ANY keyboard? (Spoiler alert! It wont work)

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

*DJ Khaled voice* "and another one" week without an hotfix of some kind, didnt played this game since 1.1.1 either and kinda miss it but i wont keep up with this [censored]
    and to anyone that tries to ask again what keyboard i use; [censored] off! try using ANY keyboard before asking

as already stated everybody on this thread used far more than 5 keyboard and mouse combos, doesnt get it in you tech teams head or what?

• The_Marussian
    3 posts

Stopped playing the game as many others because of this issue. This should be a high priority for the team,since unlike some side quests and minor glitches, it is making a major mechanic useless,thus game breaking. It simply makes the distrust areas obsolete.

It's been months and it is surprising that it's not been solved already. I'd appreciate an update from the developers (if they are any closer to finding a solution or why is it taking so long to find a solution.)

• RevenantSP1
    38 posts

@the_marussian I consider this issue declared as a non-issue by support at this point - "It's not a bug, it's a feature for M+KB users" instead of giving us NG+

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics