Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AvengerPastel
    Original poster 1 posts

Is anyone else having difficulty with this quest? I can’t interact with the gate after destroying the 2 barricades on the inside.

I thought initially it was because there was mobs near me but they just come in wave after wave and I can’t interact with the gate no matter what.

I have searched the internet but no one seems to have mentioned it but there again the game is pretty new so I thought I would come here too see if anyone else was suffering with this glitch.

thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

Hey there, thanks for getting in touch!

We have noted some progression issues with this quest, and some users have worked around this by reloading a previous save, or switching heir graphics to ultra, then back to normal. I appreciate these are only workarounds. While we're working on a fix, a new save could also resolve this but I appreciate that this is not ideal. Thank you for your patience!

Official Response
  • Nasandari11
    6 posts

@ubi-spud I have this exact same issue, on both Xbox Xeries X and PS5. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, to no avail. I have loaded and reloaded saves. Nothing. I cant change my graphics because Im on console. Please assist!

• Nasandari11
    6 posts

@avengerpastel After two days of pulling my hair out I tried something and it worked! In the main menu before loading the game I reset my customized controller to default, I then loaded a game save prior to speaking to Sigurd and heading to Kjotve's fortress. Before speaking to Sigurd I changed the game's difficulty. Spoke to Sigurd, killed Kjotve, shot the outer gate locks with a bow and held triangle to open the door. It worked!

• cannibalturtle1
    2 posts

So after a month this issue still isn't fixed

• McQuade27
    2 posts

@nasandari11 having the same issue on PS4, any fix yet?

• McQuade27
    2 posts

I cannot break the gate in ‘A Cruel Destiny’; I break the wooden bar but every time nothing happens and no interaction prompt appears.

I can see plenty of other people have had this issue but not yet seen a fix that works for PS4. Any suggestions?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4636 posts

Hello there @McQuade27! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I apologise for the delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble opening the gate in "A Cruel Destiny." To help us to take a closer look at this, would you be able to send us a video which shows that you're unable to interact with the door when prompted to as part of the quest? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

I recommend uploading any footage to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as you can then post a shareable link within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • kradking
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis I'm having the same problem. No matter what I do, there is no prompt to unlock the first gate. What am I supposed to do now? I've already loaded an earlier save, I tried defaulting options and a few other things with no results. I don't want to find a save from someone else either, because that wouldn't be 'my' save.

I'm playing on pc and not console.

Edit2: I've tried several more things. I've loaded an even older save, the one where you raze the first village in Norway prior to a cruel destiny. No matter what I do, changing difficulties, or whatever, none of it works. How can a game breaking bug like this even exist!??

Suggested Topics