Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kizza0721
    Original poster 63 posts

Storming the wolf stronghold. Busted open the first gate. Fought to the second. Busted the lock off the second gate but can't open it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• kizza0721
    Original poster 63 posts

Restarted game, just ran from checkpoint to checkpoint, nothing else, and it worked. 5 hours of my life lost because you're not supposed to explore in an open world game?!?

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Hello!

Exploration is of course a big part of the game and it is strongly encouraged, I can look into this.

When you say you ran from checkpoint to checkpoint, do you mean you ran straight to the stronghold without focusing on story missions? I'm trying to understand if this is a bug, or if you were able to open the gate after completing more missions.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • kizza0721
    Original poster 63 posts

@ubi-raziel
    My first attempt i explored the areas, didn't get to the stronghold for about 5 hours. When i tried that quest, the second gate could not be opened. I tried turning off my Ps4, dying a few times, just couldn't open the gate. When i started the new game i just followed the quest markers doing the story (no exploration or interaction not required for story) and i completed the stronghold, no problems.

Also on the second day i played, the game ran smoother, looked sharper and the sound didn't stutter as much. I didn't delete the game and reinstall, it just all worked better.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts
    @ubi-raziel
    My first attempt i explored the areas, didn't get to the stronghold for about 5 hours. When i tried that quest, the second gate could not be opened. I tried turning off my Ps4, dying a few times, just couldn't open the gate. When i started the new game i just followed the quest markers doing the story (no exploration or interaction not required for story) and i completed the stronghold, no problems.

Also on the second day i played, the game ran smoother, looked sharper and the sound didn't stutter as much. I didn't delete the game and reinstall, it just all worked better.

Thank you for getting back to me, I believe I know what the issue is.

We have had several reports of similar behaviour from players who started their save game before the Day 1 patch; it's possible this also includes you. Starting a new save game after the Day 1 patch has been our suggested workaround.

I believe everything will work fine but you now but if you experience any further issues, please let us know!

Official Response
  • kizza0721
    Original poster 63 posts

@ubi-raziel
    Thankyou for acknowledging my issue and your response and assistance. Apart from a few minor issues or bugs the game is now running well. Looking forward to the next few patches putting some more "polish" on the game.

And thankyou, again.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics